Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

samsung Galaxy S, soon to be released in India.
One of the sleekest android phones on the market. Its got the same 1ghz snapdragon processor of the HTC EVO and similar features such as 8MP cam and HD recording etc
Plus its running Froyo.
Google out the Galaxy S launch presentation, it was rather brilliant.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I bought the samsung i5700 Spica today and Android OS is pure awesomeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I dont think it will be obsolete atleast for the next 2years unless you are extremely tech savvy and have to have the latest. For your price point, its got all that you can ask for.

Cheers.

I have been looking for this phone for some time now. Where did you buy this phone from? price?

I had one basic question, does this phone do 3G video calling (im aware that it doesnt have secondary camera)?

Was your phone preloaded with new andriod. I guess, it also comes with 2 battery covers of different colors.

Last edited by devrajman : 22nd June 2010 at 08:37.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:28   #33
BHPian

Guys, Same question i just posted on another similar thread.. Is it worth going for the HTC Desire or HTC wildfire for around 22000/- (+, - ,1500/-.) These are unlocked sets available in my city by a person who deals in these kind of unlocked phones bought illegally from the U.K or U.S.
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I have been looking for this phone for some time now. Where did you buy this phone from? price?

I had one basic question, does this phone do 3G video calling (im aware that it doesnt have secondary camera)?

Was your phone preloaded with new andriod. I guess, it also comes with 2 battery covers of different colors.
I bought the phone in Channel 9 Jayanagar 7th block, Hurry up cos' this was the only place in Bangalore where i could find it, Infact he has only 1 piece left.

No video calls on the i5700 and 2 battery covers come only in the European and American markets, Mine was loaded with the latest android v.2.1 Eclair
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:04   #35
BHPian

Samsung i5500 Corby Android handset is due for launch in India. It will cheapest Android handset to be available in India. It will priced around Rs.11000. It has capacitive touchscreen. Feature are as follows
  • 2.8 inch Capacitive touchscreen with Accelerometer sensor
  • Android Eclair OS v 2.1
  • 600 MHz Processor
  • 100 MB Internal memory, expandable upto 16 GB with Micro SD
  • 2 MP camera with Geo-tagging
  • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Micro USB, 3G
  • GPS with A-GPS
  • 3.5 mm Audio Jack, FM radio with RDS
  • Social Networking Integration and Google Services
  • Document Viewer(Excel, PDF, Word, PowerPoint
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the phone in Channel 9 Jayanagar 7th block, Hurry up cos' this was the only place in Bangalore where i could find it, Infact he has only 1 piece left.

No video calls on the i5700 and 2 battery covers come only in the European and American markets, Mine was loaded with the latest android v.2.1 Eclair
Would you please share the buy price?
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Would you please share the buy price?
Got it for 13k, The seller quotes 13.5k, try bargaining hard.
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Guys, same question again. Im holding my buy on this question!

video calling is imp for me, both using 3G network and VOIP.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

the i5700 will be replaced by two models, an i5500 corby, and an i5800 galaxy, better software , and somewhat better hardware spec, but somewhat less usablity ( no buttons, smaller screen etc) They've gotten mixed reviews so far. But the spica is too hard to find too.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of the releasing date of HTC Desire? That is touted to be the best Android phone till now. And what can be expected price? I was thinking about HTC Legend but probably now will wait for Desire.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:31   #41

has anyone bought this phone in Mumbai? Have been wanting to buy this phone but every shop that i go to says that it isnt available. can anyone pls help me out with this?
Old 24th June 2010, 01:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, same question again. Im holding my buy on this question!

video calling is imp for me, both using 3G network and VOIP.
Only a few android phones come with video calling but Voip calls can me made easily on androids, Try finding nokia or SE with video call feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the i5700 will be replaced by two models, an i5500 corby, and an i5800 galaxy, better software , and somewhat better hardware spec, but somewhat less usablity ( no buttons, smaller screen etc) They've gotten mixed reviews so far. But the spica is too hard to find too.
i5800 has only a few advantages over i5700, like radio and muti touch, the screen resolution is lesser than the i5700 which makes some android apps fail to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Any idea of the releasing date of HTC Desire? That is touted to be the best Android phone till now. And what can be expected price? I was thinking about HTC Legend but probably now will wait for Desire.
HTC desire is available in selected shops, legend is available for 24k with bill and desire is for 29.5k with bill.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HTC desire is available in selected shops, legend is available for 24k with bill and desire is for 29.5k with bill.
Hey thanks a ton Akshay for the info. Any idea which all shops is Desire is available? If 29.5k is the current price then it might fall down to 25-26k soon, once it's widely available.
Legend is 22.5k with Bill & Warranty, this is the least quote I got in Jayanagar Area, at Devendra Telecom. I think it's 21k without bill I think(not very sure though)
Old 24th June 2010, 21:25   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hey thanks a ton Akshay for the info. Any idea which all shops is Desire is available? If 29.5k is the current price then it might fall down to 25-26k soon, once it's widely available.
Legend is 22.5k with Bill & Warranty, this is the least quote I got in Jayanagar Area, at Devendra Telecom. I think it's 21k without bill I think(not very sure though)
At the range of 30K does it not make sense to also look at Motorola Milestone?
Was it discussed before?
Old 24th June 2010, 21:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

HTC has so many models that all look similar to each other. Maybe with some minor changes they use different names for different countries/carriers?

Most Viewed