Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 09:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
For all those who are curious about Sony Xperia X10, x10 comes with a wireless BT headset which is FM Radio enabled as well (Costs about 4K in India on Ebay). That could be a great incentive to buy x10 in rather inexpensive range.
hey buddy, i bought my X10i from UAE for 36k & i got 3 accessories more, one of them was the bluetooth headset you mentioned above.

but when i enquired in india about a month back, X10 costs 31k but does not come with the accessories i got. so i think in india, you will have to purchase the BT headset seperately, unless they have included that recently.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:56   #77
BHPian

Guys, wait for 2 more months. Samsung is gonna come with some great android phones. Already launched the samsung i9000 which is great phone, but priced 28k. Sure this price gonna come down in 1-2 months, only negative of this phone is that it doesnt have a flash.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th July 2010 at 21:27. Reason: Please avoid posting with SMS language and use proper punctuation. Go through Announcements before proceeding. Thanks
Old 11th July 2010, 12:46   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.olympus View Post
Guys, wait for 2 more months. Samsung is gonna come with some great android phones. Already launched the samsung i9000 which is great phone, but priced 28k. Sure this price gonna come down in 1-2 months, only negative of this phone is that it doesnt have a flash.
I don't think we are going to see a better Samsung phone available in the indian market than the Galaxy S (i9000) in the next "2 months", as you say.

Which offering are you referring to? Galaxy S2 (i9200)? Thats gonna take a while IMO.

Also the Galaxy S doesn't have flash at the moment, but they will surely upgrade to 2.2 (hopefully) by the end of this year.

Also, with android phones, the thing is that the specs will KEEP getting better month after month due to the competition! Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge when something "good enough for right now" comes along

cya
R
Old 11th July 2010, 20:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

and unless you are running a 'google' phone, your software upgrades are also a question mark, especially if you want to keep running stock firmware
Old 11th July 2010, 21:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Also, with android phones, the thing is that the specs will KEEP getting better month after month due to the competition! Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge when something "good enough for right now" comes along
Can't agree more. What used to happen with PCs 10 years back - never-ending hardware upgrades (Pentium, then Pentium II, then P III, P IV etc.) has now shifted to mobile phones. We have somewhat reached a stage of relative stability (I really don't lose my sleep if my new notebook doesn't have the 'latest' Intel processor), it's important today to buy the really-latest hardware available in a mobile phone. At this moment though, one should go for a phone that meets Android 3.0 specs (notably 1GHz processor, Nexus One for instance) if one wants to keep the phone for 2 years at least .

Last edited by greenh0rn : 11th July 2010 at 21:11.
Old 14th July 2010, 08:43   #81
BHPian

Got my new Samsung Spica!!

After almost 7-8 weeks of wait, I finally bought Samsung Spica on Monday! I bought it from a friend of mine. Its only 1.5 months old, scrachless and almost showroom piece with bill/waranty. I got a great bargain as I bought it for 8.5K, Bill says 14K!!!

I used it extensively with Android 1.5 and got it updated to Android 2.1 yesterday from Samsung service center.

Now its got better! Its a great phone for 8.5K (for me) its an awesome deal.

Main advantages are:
-Android OS hence no limit to want you can do with Apps!
-Super fast CPU
-Great Screen
-Screen resolution is enough to use latest apps
-Wi-fi
-GPS
-Push mail
-etc

For me Its the best cellphone i have owned! Very soon i will be posting a small video on apps i have loaded and few BKMs!
Old 14th July 2010, 09:27   #82
BHPian

I plan to buy a phone and visiting Singapore soon. Phones are cheaper in Singapore or in India? Should I buy there or here?
Old 14th July 2010, 14:31   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Guys,

Please suggest me a phone which has free GPS Navigation in India. Price should be above 18K INR. I am getting the phone from US.

Does Iphone 4G allows free navigation in India? 1 time fee is also ok with me to download maps, but I don't want it to work only through internet or GSM network where I need to pay regularly.

This is urgent please..
Most new Nokia phones will give you reliable GPS navigation inbuilt at no added cost. I would reccomend the E72, or if you want a media savvy phone, go for the X6 16 GB for ~16k
Old 14th July 2010, 14:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Above 18K

Google maps is a shabby application. I have it on my current phone and is of no use.

Even the Evo does not have free navigation? or Driod?

How is Nokia N900? or suggest me a phone better than this please?
The Nokia N900 is a fantastic device, and with maemo.org - maemo.org: Home of the Maemo community community support, you have the option of access to fantastic apps and a user-developer community that guides you almost with personal care (almost like a team BHP user base for Maemo users). Nokia also has a specific Ovi store dedicated to N900 users. Cost is around 24k or less if you source from Middle east or US (around 20k). In my opinion, having used it and been around scores of users who swear by it, its amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Looking for a top end android phone, which is the best among these?
Google nexus one
HTC desire
Samsung I9000 GS?

Preferences would be No Hangings!, Web browsing,UI, Maps and other apps, Camera in the order. Please suggest.

Also would it be worthwhile to go in for maemo N900 or wait for Symbiam 3^ Nokia N8
I would usuggest the N900 if you have a choice between the 2. The Maemo is a far more advanced OS (in fact the Maemo has even been successfully ported to laptops and net books, in its new avatar, the MeeGo OS).
Go for the N900, and you will own an amazingly sophisticated device, with its own user community at maemo.org - maemo.org: Home of the Maemo community
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Looking for a top end android phone, which is the best among these?
Google nexus one
HTC desire
Samsung I9000 GS?

Preferences would be No Hangings!, Web browsing,UI, Maps and other apps, Camera in the order. Please suggest.

Also would it be worthwhile to go in for maemo N900 or wait for Symbiam 3^ Nokia N8
I would usuggest the N900 if you have a choice between the 2. The Maemo is a far more advanced OS (in fact the Maemo has even been successfully ported to laptops and net books, in its new avatar, the MeeGo OS).
Go for the N900, and you will own an amazingly sophisticated device, with its own user community at maemo.org - maemo.org: Home of the Maemo community
Old 14th July 2010, 17:41   #85
BHPian

I have the Moto Milestone and I am very pleased with the phone.

What really stands out in this phone which separates it from another android phones is the phenomenal build quality. Its rock solid and I don't think Samsung or HTC can match up to it ( had a bad experience with couple of samsungs before)

Add physical keyboard,dedicated GPU and Free navigation in India and its truly a good phone. And it has 2.1 already.

Last edited by greatpower : 14th July 2010 at 17:45.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower View Post
I have the Moto Milestone and I am very pleased with the phone.

What really stands out in this phone which separates it from another android phones is the phenomenal build quality. Its rock solid and I don't think Samsung or HTC can match up to it ( had a bad experience with couple of samsungs before)

Add physical keyboard,dedicated GPU and Free navigation in India and its truly a good phone. And it has 2.1 already.
thats subjective.it may be rock solid but as you said, thats what really makes it "stand out" its heavy and feels like a "rock" and thats what i wouldnt want my phone to feel like.

rev
Old 14th July 2010, 22:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

I have a samsung galaxy I got for 10.5k second hand ( cost 12.5k new). For that sort of price, nothing comes close!
It is a flawed gem, but still love it !
Old 15th July 2010, 03:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
thats subjective.it may be rock solid but as you said, thats what really makes it "stand out" its heavy and feels like a "rock" and thats what i wouldnt want my phone to feel like.

rev
Its subjective alright and depends on your priorities. I did not want my phone to be flimsy and was looking for a well built slim phone. I have a E71 as well and thats one neat phone albeit now a little boring. I looked at iPhone, xPeria x10, HTC but once I held the milestone in my hands I couldn't go back to others.

Sadly in the digital world, things get obsolete very often. Atleast with this phone I was getting Android 2.1 which due for further update to Froyo soon. It should remain relevant atleast for an year
Old 15th July 2010, 08:42   #89
BHPian

Truly said, with news of Android branching into 2.X and 3.X. All owners of Android 2.X who have great hardware but cant upgrade would feel at losing end!
Old 15th July 2010, 09:41   #90
BHPian

Guys, I have started a new thread on my Samsung Spica and things I did/do. Please leave your comments :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1982838

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks