Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:18   #826
Senior - BHPian

The GPS on the Galaxy S sucks, i am convinced that i dont own a lemon but its a problem with all the Galaxy S's. Yesterday i was out and in the GPS test application the max i could get was 3 Satellites. There were buildings around, but my N82 does better.Btw i am on FroYo official Indian version. How does the GPS on your Galaxy S's work?
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:39   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Does anyone know how to *compose and send * emails on the Samsung Galaxy 3 ?

The email app has only Inbox , where is the compose new email and send option ?
Get K-9 mail from the market. It's the best email client for Android. Even supports Yahoo mail without a plust account.
Old 4th December 2010, 06:46   #828
BHPian

Hi Galaxy3 owners,
My friend just got a galaxy3 phone. I've a question. How to close all open applications in one go or one by one?Also, how to close the browser once it is opened so that edge/gprs is disconnected as I see the edge/gprs icon always on the top. Also is there a way we can configure yahoo, hotmail accounts at a single place or do I need to install any specific email client for this? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th December 2010, 06:50   #829
BHPian

Is it advisable to use any scratch guard on the galaxy3?
Old 4th December 2010, 07:16   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
The GPS on the Galaxy S sucks, i am convinced that i dont own a lemon but its a problem with all the Galaxy S's. Yesterday i was out and in the GPS test application the max i could get was 3 Satellites. There were buildings around, but my N82 does better.Btw i am on FroYo official Indian version. How does the GPS on your Galaxy S's work?
As per the update, gps problem is fixed with 2.2 update. Apart from that, you can find gps solution on android forums for galaxy s aka captivate aka vibrant.
Old 4th December 2010, 10:16   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
I'm using a Galaxy S and its works perfectly fine for me... with Eclair as well as after the official update to Froyo.... I've even downloaded Ndrive which is a talking app that provides directions.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:30   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Hi Galaxy3 owners,
My friend just got a galaxy3 phone. I've a question. How to close all open applications in one go or one by one?Also, how to close the browser once it is opened so that edge/gprs is disconnected as I see the edge/gprs icon always on the top.
Try following softares from market to improve performance.
Use advanced task killer Free
Memory booster lite
Also use any APN manager application to disconnect from internet as these Android phones are designed to stay always online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Is it advisable to use any scratch guard on the galaxy3?
Yes you should certainly use it, before you scratch your screen accidently
I am currently using chinese screen guard cut and pasted by myself from a sheet of screen guard of 1 feet. This is cheaper option, however you can buy a branded one from local store from Rs.80 to Rs.350/-
Old 4th December 2010, 19:43   #833
Senior - BHPian

Question for all Galaxy 3 owners:

Does your battery come with a hologram sticker?
I do not see any hologram sticker on the battery, is that normal?

Can someone post a picture of the back and front of the battery?

Last edited by DCEite : 4th December 2010 at 20:02.
Old 4th December 2010, 23:02   #834
Senior - BHPian

Damn, it seems everyone except I have upgraded to foryo on the galaxy. I connected mine to kies finally and this is the error message i got. My Kies is the latest ver btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-i9000-screenshot.png  

Old 5th December 2010, 14:39   #835
BHPian

Is there any way to automatically configure an "@yahoo.co.in" email in the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with the existing email application? My friend is unable to do this automatically. Is there any other free email client that needs to be installed for this. Currently he installed some yahoo mobile application for checking his emails. Experts if there is any simple or easy procedure, please list the steps or please give the link for the same.
Old 5th December 2010, 19:01   #836
BHPian

Hi all Androiderz,

Got the LG Optimus one P500, ite been 2 days with this phone and I am very impressed. Did a one on one with Galaxy3 and Wildfire. Battery first charge drained after 2 days of complete usage, impressive.

Screen's quality is miles ahead than Galaxy3 and Wildfire. Smooth scrolling, no issues so far. Call quality is perfect, no drops, no issues.

Best thing ---- It comes with FroYo pre-installed. Cool.

Cheers !
Old 5th December 2010, 20:08   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Hi all Androiderz,

Got the LG Optimus one P500, ite been 2 days with this phone and I am very impressed. Did a one on one with Galaxy3 and Wildfire. Battery first charge drained after 2 days of complete usage, impressive.

Screen's quality is miles ahead than Galaxy3 and Wildfire. Smooth scrolling, no issues so far. Call quality is perfect, no drops, no issues.

Best thing ---- It comes with FroYo pre-installed. Cool.

Cheers !
Good, I've recently purchased Galaxy3, but with Android Market full of applications and games, my wife may need another android phone so i think LG optimus can be a good option.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:16   #838
BHPian

Time for a new android.

Hello All!
I am having HTC P3400i (Old Gene) with me. (Well before the warranty expired, I have already flashed, and flashed the device like crazy!! from WM 6 to 6.1s to 6.5s, customized, OCed, UCed, and pretty much did everything I could do with it!)

Now, I am thinking of getting myself a new phone.
(same dilemma again! do I spend a bomb on just a phone! or do I save and just buy a simple one like I did 3 years ago, when I bought the Gene..)
Still, I was thinking of the 15KINR bracket and Android looks good here!

//
Now, another good thing is, I have got a friend who is incidentally there in US (and now being close to 25th Dec, and as I know there are huge discounts there at this time of the year), should I ask him for a good phone from there?

I have done some brushing up on the models we have in the high end (which anyone would love to have!), which I think could have nice discounts there.
  1. Iphone 4
  2. Samsung I9000 S
  3. Dell streak (Mini 5)
  4. (blank space here)

Can anyone help me here?
on the price, review, recommendation/DE-recommedation from the options here or any killer option to fill the blank space?

Also, especially about bringing it from US to here in India. (My friend will test it there though, no issue there, I will ask him to test as much possible)
//

OR

//
Do I be-happy myself with a sub 15K android phone in country itself (India)?
  1. LG Optimus GT540
  2. HTC Wildfire
  3. Sam Galaxy3
  4. (blank space here)
//

Help appreciated!

Care,

Ace.

P.S. <for those who want to read more, xda-developers is one awesome site, must visit!- I took all the gyaan (and courage to flash) -credits to developers at the site. But, extreme caution advised!>

P.S. Apology(Sorry for the extremely long post!)
Old 5th December 2010, 21:16   #839
BHPian

Why dont you check out the Garmin Asus A10. It is in the market at around 17K, has a decent processor, runs Android eclair and has the best GPS functionality among all other fones. Moreover, the other droids rely on Google maps which in turn eat up your data account. A10 comes with the Garmin map module which is also available off line and provides turn-by-turn nav for India. In google maps this feature is only available for the US.
Old 5th December 2010, 22:22   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arethusa View Post
Why dont you check out the Garmin Asus A10.
Thank you for the feed!
I am reading about it already!
Good:
17K!
5MP Cam
Andro OS (though 1.6, I guess can be upped to 2.2 Froyo))
Garmin Maps / NAvigation seems a lot better!
Ok:
3.2"
(there are stonkers with 5" and 4" option #3. and #2 respectively)
600Mhz is just upto the mark I guess. (the rest are 1 GHz ones.)

But, I am definitely thinking about it!
thanks (you using A10? any other pointers?)

Care,

Ace.

Most Viewed