Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 15:46   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is anyone able to play "Angry Bird- Seasons" on Galaxy 3 or any other sub 15k Android properly ?

Its too slow on my Galaxy 3, much slower than the original Angry Birds.

However, on my iPod Touch 2G, both games work like a charm. Pity full versions are paid apps in Apple store.
Try memory booster lite, then play, Angry birds works fine on mine when i start it after memory optimization.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:06   #857
Senior - BHPian

I will try with memory booster.

BTW, just noticed something. Suppose i am on a call and the phone is close to my ears. The screen goes off. And when i bring it away from the ears, the screen comes on (so that i can touch the End Call button).

Nice feature.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:15   #858
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, just noticed something. Suppose i am on a call and the phone is close to my ears. The screen goes off. And when i bring it away from the ears, the screen comes on (so that i can touch the End Call button).

Nice feature.
It's called the Proximity Sensor. Yes it is a nice feature to have.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:44   #859
BHPian

Is any body has used Motorola Charm ? It has android 2.1 with 600Mhz Processor ? Any feedback ?
Old 6th December 2010, 17:09   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
The GPS on the Galaxy S sucks, i am convinced that i dont own a lemon but its a problem with all the Galaxy S's. Yesterday i was out and in the GPS test application the max i could get was 3 Satellites. There were buildings around, but my N82 does better.Btw i am on FroYo official Indian version. How does the GPS on your Galaxy S's work?
the same goes for the Samsung galaxy 3 too. The gps does not even lock in mine. I have given up on this feature!

I see that there are a lot of users for galaxy 3 here. Are you guys facing the same problem too? If it's not a common issue Then i guess i need to exchange the handset.
Old 6th December 2010, 17:49   #861
BHPian

Quote:

Nice feature.
The two small holes near ear piece is the proximity sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
the same goes for the Samsung galaxy 3 too. The gps does not even lock in mine. I have given up on this feature!

I see that there are a lot of users for galaxy 3 here. Are you guys facing the same problem too? If it's not a common issue Then i guess i need to exchange the handset.
I was able to use GPS many times without any noticable issues.
On first use to locate you, it would need a few minutes to do the same, please make sure you are under the sky for 2-7 minutes atleast on first GPS use.
Old 6th December 2010, 18:06   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post

GPS sucks on both Galaxy 3 and 5. It takes ages to get a lock. When it does, it doesn't stay on.
Old 6th December 2010, 23:26   #863
BHPian

Nexus s is out with 2.3 ginger bread. spec looks identical to galaxy s. so sgs might get 2.3 pretty soon, but not officially though.

Nexus S ? The new Android phone from Google
Old 7th December 2010, 01:08   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post

I was able to use GPS many times without any noticable issues.
On first use to locate you, it would need a few minutes to do the same, please make sure you are under the sky for 2-7 minutes atleast on first GPS use.
I use a Nokia 5800 and Google Maps to navigate. Very happy with it. Its fast and accurate. It got me out of the gallis of Charminar in Hyderabad.

Now in the same fight as many. Need to upgrade and deciding between the Iphone 4 and an Android. Nexus looks great, but its from Samsung, not sure how good the combination is. I heard Android and HTC get along the best. Correct?
Old 7th December 2010, 02:03   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I heard Android and HTC get along the best. Correct?
Except the Battery, you would end up with Empty battery in just a few hours.
people reported they purchased additional charger for home/office/car to live with HTC

Galaxy 3 is better than HTC in terms of Battery.
Old 7th December 2010, 02:15   #866
Senior - BHPian

Got the galaxy 3 delivered today.
Nice display and easy to use.
Now-
1-How can applications be installed on it if we dont have an internet connection on phone. Can that be done via laptop?
2- Any tips and tricks?
Old 7th December 2010, 02:45   #867
Senior - BHPian

^^^Errr, dude - Galaxy 3 and "nice" display?? You really gotta check out better screens...
Old 7th December 2010, 02:58   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Errr, dude - Galaxy 3 and "nice" display?? You really gotta check out better screens...
its galaxy 3 i5801.
Ofcourse cant be compared to galaxy s for display but whatever is there is fine.Moreover i am a bb user so. This phone is for my good friend.
Old 7th December 2010, 06:49   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
For 11K you cannot get better screen than in galaxy 3 i guess, Wildfire which costs 14.5k screen resolution is pretty bad compared to Galaxy 3. You know any android around 11k which has better display for this price?
Old 7th December 2010, 09:20   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Got the galaxy 3 delivered today.
Nice display and easy to use.
Now-
1-How can applications be installed on it if we dont have an internet connection on phone. Can that be done via laptop?
2- Any tips and tricks?
Congrats on Galaxy 3 purchase,
which online store you purchased it from ?
you can use wifi connection to connect the phone to internet.
you cannot access apps market without internet until you root the phone which i am sure would void the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks