Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 11:38   #991
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Samsung Firmware site has reported that the official Froyo update for Galaxy 3 and 5 will be in Q1 2011.
How will Froyo work on Galaxy 3 and 5 both of which have under 1GHz processors? I thought the max they could run on was Android 2.1.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:07   #992
Senior - BHPian

HTC Desire Froyo

Yesterday, I got a popup on the screen saying that there is a new phone software update.
It needed 25MB Phone memory for the update and took around 10 minutes for the complete process.

Now, the software number is 2.13.720.2 and I don't see much difference. There is no change log provided by HTC either!
Old 14th December 2010, 12:45   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
How will Froyo work on Galaxy 3 and 5 both of which have under 1GHz processors? I thought the max they could run on was Android 2.1.
I believe there is no major limitation with the processor speed and Android version. Saw a link a few pages back on this same thread which talks about GB being run on a sub 1GHz processor.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:02   #994
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I need some quick help here. I am currently using Nokia E71. I am looking to change this and upgrade to a new Phone. I generally i have a self imposed spending limit on Mobile Phone. Max 15k. I want to try my hands on Andriod.

My basic requirements are :
1. Push Email
2. Social network
3. Net surfing (once in a while)
4. Good battery back up

Last week i check the LG Optimus (INR 12,xxx). How good is the fone? is it worth buying? if getting a good deal i can stretch my budget a bit, any suggestions are welcome.

What is the availability of Asus Garmin A10? any idea on its price? I remember reading about it somewhere on this thread but cant find it now.

Thanks.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:20   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I need some quick help here. I am currently using Nokia E71. I am looking to change this and upgrade to a new Phone. I generally i have a self imposed spending limit on Mobile Phone. Max 15k. I want to try my hands on Andriod.

My basic requirements are :
1. Push Email
2. Social network
3. Net surfing (once in a while)
4. Good battery back up

Last week i check the LG Optimus (INR 12,xxx). How good is the fone? is it worth buying? if getting a good deal i can stretch my budget a bit, any suggestions are welcome.

What is the availability of Asus Garmin A10? any idea on its price? I remember reading about it somewhere on this thread but cant find it now.

Thanks.
Hey buddy, I am in the same boat i.e am using an old N72. Checked both LG Optimus and Galaxy 3 over the weekend as even my budget is max 15K. I am a little inclined towards the Galaxy 3 bcos I feel in India, Samsung has a better name in cell phones compared to LG.
Galaxy 3 was available for approx 12k at most of the shops. It was available online for approx 11.8K

Last edited by f1fan : 14th December 2010 at 14:37.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:27   #996
BHPian

Quote:
If i remember correctly, the 1GHz processor limit is only for Gingerbread and not Froyo. I think the main problem would be the amount of RAM available.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:37   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Hey buddy, I am in the same boat i.e have a N72. Checked both LG Optimus and Galaxy 3 over the weekend as even my budget is max 15K. I am a little inclined towards the Galaxy 3 bcos I feel in India, Samsung has a better name in cell phones compared to LG.
Galaxy 3 was available for approx 12k at most of the shops. It was available online for approx 11.8K
Galaxy 3 is available for 11.9k and if you have a ICICI credit/debit card, you can have another flat 10% discount anything they've listed. I got it for 10710/- after discount, which can't be matched with any dealer here.

Here's the link:
GSM Mobile Phones - GSM Handsets - Latest GSM Mobiles India
Old 14th December 2010, 14:39   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
If i remember correctly, the 1GHz processor limit is only for Gingerbread and not Froyo. I think the main problem would be the amount of RAM available.
Nope, even GB doesn't have the 1GHz processor limit.
Google: Gingerbread hardware needs are similar to Froyo - Android News
Old 14th December 2010, 14:53   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2.2 works great with LG optimus which has similar processor.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:54   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy, I am in the same boat i.e am using an old N72. Checked both LG Optimus and Galaxy 3 over the weekend as even my budget is max 15K. I am a little inclined towards the Galaxy 3 bcos I feel in India, Samsung has a better name in cell phones compared to LG.
Since you have a budget of upto 15k, checkout HTC Wildfire too. I like it much better than Galaxy 3 or LG Optimus One.
Old 14th December 2010, 15:07   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Galaxy 3 is available for 11.9k and if you have a ICICI credit/debit card, you can have another flat 10% discount anything they've listed. I got it for 10710/- after discount, which can't be matched with any dealer here.

Here's the link:
GSM Mobile Phones - GSM Handsets - Latest GSM Mobiles India
How is the site? How was your buying experience? Any issues faced?
My brother has a RCOM cell, hence planning to go for the 15% discount if possible. If that doesn't work out, I have my ICICI card for the 10% discount
Old 14th December 2010, 15:41   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
How is the site? How was your buying experience? Any issues faced?
'Letsbuy.com' are the official resellers for the 'Samsung Galaxy Tab'. If you go to Samsung India and choose to buy the Galaxy tab, you would be re-directed to the Letsbuy website.

I have no experience of Letsbuy, but it's good to know they are an approved reseller?
Old 14th December 2010, 15:46   #1003
Senior - BHPian

How do I add a new account to the Galaxy S to access android market? I try to add my existing gmail account but it says that it cannot be done and to try again later. Any pointers please?
Old 14th December 2010, 20:48   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Since you have a budget of upto 15k, checkout HTC Wildfire too. I like it much better than Galaxy 3 or LG Optimus One.
Any particular reasons that you like HTC WildFire over Galaxy 3? Heard WildFire display is not as good as Galaxy 3.
Old 15th December 2010, 03:13   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
How do I add a new account to the Galaxy S to access android market? I try to add my existing gmail account but it says that it cannot be done and to try again later. Any pointers please?
check if you are connected using GPRS or WIFI atleast.
I don't see any reason that your existing account should not be able to sign in.
Double check password while you type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Any particular reasons that you like HTC WildFire over Galaxy 3? Heard WildFire display is not as good as Galaxy 3.
I've heard wildfire has more battery drain than Galaxy3.

I am using Galaxy3 since last 15 days and i cannot be more happy with excellent performance, the phone is best buy for android starters, ofcourse people will Galaxy S would say that S is better, but consider the budget, Galaxy 3 is not bad in half the price of S, its certainly worth every penny.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks