Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2010, 15:05   #1021
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
You are wrong, Wildfire has inferior display(about 25% less 240 x 320 pixels) Galaxy 3 has 240 x 400 pixels.

And less powerful processor- 528 MHz processor compared to galaxy 3-667 MHz processor.

And battery drains in Wildfire faster since it comes with 1300 mAh as against 1500 mAh of Galaxy 3.
Never denied the technicals but my comments were after using both the phones. And the best part about Wildfire is that you can get a rooted Froyo. There is a vibrant Wildfire developer community includingcyanogenmod. See this:

Wildfire Android Development - xda-developers
Old 16th December 2010, 16:48   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Upgrading to a better android fone.

Friends,
Im currently using the Samsung Galaxy Spica ver 2.1. The fone is very good and compact and im immensely happy with the apps provided by android. Im however looking to upgrade to a better android fone.
Need;
Ver 2.1 & above. Is ver 2.2 available already.
Min 5 mp camera with flash.
Good battery life.
Good screen.
Fast processor
Must be sleek and compact & not like a pencil box.

How is the Dell range of android fones? Has anyone who has used one provide feedback?
PLease suggest pros and cons about the fones you recommend.
Please suggest suitable options and price.

Thanks,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 16th December 2010 at 16:50.
Old 16th December 2010, 16:52   #1023
Senior - BHPian

^^ How about the Galaxy S.
Old 16th December 2010, 17:10   #1024
BHPian

Galaxy S

Folks - one quick question for Galaxy S users. I have observed that the audio, especially if you are using the speaker feels extremely feeble if you are outside or traveling. Also the music output through the speaker is pretty bad. Is there any app that can enhance this? Pls suggest.

I am not happy with the call quality at all. Any fixes for this?
Old 16th December 2010, 21:14   #1025
BHPian

@NFS2024, if you are talking about external loud speaker, I agree its pretty feeble. Its just an ordinary mono speaker, don't think any software can enhance its quality.

However, when it comes to call quality, Galaxy S is right on top among best of phones as stated in various reviews as well as what I have observed. If you have problems in call quality, I suggest you take to service center and report it. If you are again referring to the loud speaker, I agree its not loud enough.
Old 16th December 2010, 23:41   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Can someone mention some Indian based android utility apps, that would be helpful in Indian context.

I did find a bunch of general ones, but I am looking for something more indian based and created with Indian customers in mind, unfortunately there are no such ratings of apps in India.
I am looking for something like BSE stock ticker app, News app, Discount shopping app etc...
Need help...
Old 16th December 2010, 23:57   #1027
Senior - BHPian

@NFS2024, I agree with Anand, call quality has been excellent on the Galaxy S , what problems have you been facing ?
Old 17th December 2010, 09:19   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Can someone mention some Indian based android utility apps, that would be helpful in Indian context.

I did find a bunch of general ones, but I am looking for something more indian based and created with Indian customers in mind, unfortunately there are no such ratings of apps in India.
I am looking for something like BSE stock ticker app, News app, Discount shopping app etc...
Need help...
Hi xingamazon,
I have used one called India Newspapers and IBNLive app. Both of them are good and we have one app for our own *Thirukural* too!
Check them out in market place.
Old 17th December 2010, 10:31   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

Need help...
The only reason i am missing my Nokia N97 over my New HTC Desire Z is the Indian apps. There is no BookMyShow, ICICI, Bollywood stuff, MoneyControl .
Old 17th December 2010, 10:59   #1030
BHPian

Google Maps 5 with 3D view (available only for select cities) is out and can be downloaded from the market. This should be interesting!
Old 17th December 2010, 13:03   #1031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - one quick question for Galaxy S users. I have observed that the audio, especially if you are using the speaker feels extremely feeble if you are outside or traveling. Also the music output through the speaker is pretty bad. Is there any app that can enhance this? Pls suggest.
PowerAmp has an EQ. One of the presets is "phone speaker". Makes a bit of an improvement as it boosts the mids and holds back on the bass.

PowerAMP Music Player (Trial) - Android app on AppBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Google Maps 5 with 3D view (available only for select cities) is out and can be downloaded from the market. This should be interesting!
Its pretty sweet!

- Vector tiles (faster to download (and stay cached for offline use?))
- Compass integration (map rotates as you move the phone)
- Two-finger tilt / rotate feature (nice to see maps from an angle rather than a top-down view)

cya
R
Old 17th December 2010, 16:40   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
@NFS2024, if you are talking about external loud speaker, I agree its pretty feeble. Its just an ordinary mono speaker, don't think any software can enhance its quality.

However, when it comes to call quality, Galaxy S is right on top among best of phones as stated in various reviews as well as what I have observed. If you have problems in call quality, I suggest you take to service center and report it. If you are again referring to the loud speaker, I agree its not loud enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
@NFS2024, I agree with Anand, call quality has been excellent on the Galaxy S , what problems have you been facing ?
1. Yes the external loud speaker quality is bad and feeble.
2. I find that even the phone general call quality is not at all good. Coming from a blackberry i find this to be extremely irritating.

Maybe I will go and check in the service centre as you guys suggested.
Old 17th December 2010, 17:11   #1033
BHPian

google maps 5 works great on my nexus one :-) now the wait is on for gingerbread !
Old 17th December 2010, 17:38   #1034
BANNED

By the way Nexus S has already been rooted
Google Nexus S Android 2.3 Gingerbread Rooted - Super User Acess | how2i.com
Old 18th December 2010, 12:18   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
google maps 5 works great on my nexus one :-) now the wait is on for gingerbread !
+1! I was worried the two finger tilt would not work, but it does! The two finger rotate only works in the Nexus S, as shown on Andy Rubin's Moto Pad demo. Satellite imagery and map caching is excellent. Best implementation of GPS on any platform, I think!

Also waiting for Google Earth, which is supposed to be great on Gingerbread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks