Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 21:13   #16021
BHPian

Media library access on android

Is there any android app which acts like a media library and can access remote drive?

I have connected huge a usb drive which contains media collection to my wifi router. The data in the HDD is arranged as per Xbmc format and is accessed using xbmc on windows laptop.

I can access the HDD via EsExplorer on android but I was looking for some interface smilar to xbmc / any other app through which I can see covers or access the files via better means.

Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 21:25   #16022
BHPian

I use skifta for media playing and as a server. Try it out
Old 8th August 2013, 22:08   #16023
BHPian

Re: Media library access on android

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Is there any android app which acts like a media library and can access remote drive?

I have connected huge a usb drive which contains media collection to my wifi router. The data in the HDD is arranged as per Xbmc format and is accessed using xbmc on windows laptop.

I can access the HDD via EsExplorer on android but I was looking for some interface smilar to xbmc / any other app through which I can see covers or access the files via better means.

Thanks
Download XBMC for Android from here - http://xbmc.org/download/.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:44   #16024
KRN
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I encountered the exact same issue on my GNex today (charges only when phone is off) and tried various things including cleaning the usb jack etc. until I stumbled on this thread. Would appreciate if anyone found a workaround for this. None of the ideas listed in the links below work for me. I hope Google is listening and issues a fix quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Looks like this is a generic issue, probably software. Does it charge when switched off?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2378346

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-3-update.html
Old 9th August 2013, 23:05   #16025
BHPian

I'm using an S4. Got an OTA firmware upgrade which is almost 400 Megs in size. Should I upgrade or should I leave it alone? I'm on Android 4.2.2
Old 9th August 2013, 23:33   #16026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Any Xperia ZR users here? Has anyone got the 4.2.2 update?
Yes and No. Have the phone. Haven't got the update. Tempted to update manually from the Nordic Update file.
Old 10th August 2013, 12:28   #16027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Search around in this thread itself. It has been discussed at length. I've used it for a while & found the build quality and paint finish to be lacking, even at that price point.

Overall Its a mainstream phone and can do most everyday tasks with aplomb.However, in the present day, the market is flooded with phones of rival brands offering same/better specs at similar price point. See the XOLO play/UMI X2 too as I found these phones to have a better overall package than the A116.
I was also considering A116 but then went ahead with Lava Iris 504Q and glad that I made a sensible choice. 504Q scores on display quality, Good cover (Which wakes up phone), build quality and price. Bought it for 12300/- in Pune.
Old 10th August 2013, 19:55   #16028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Any Xperia ZR users here? Has anyone got the 4.2.2 update?
None on my ZL just yet. Updated to some version ending in .244 last evening, looks like a minor update to 4.1.2 though. Spruce did you get the update for the Z?
Old 10th August 2013, 20:17   #16029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Looks like this is a generic issue, probably software. Does it charge when switched off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
I encountered the exact same issue on my GNex today (charges only when phone is off) and tried various things including cleaning the usb jack etc. until I stumbled on this thread. Would appreciate if anyone found a workaround for this. None of the ideas listed in the links below work for me. I hope Google is listening and issues a fix quickly.
Well, in his case, it doesn't charge even while off. Latest update is the phone is with Samsung. Let's see what they do/say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Anyone using Tasker? is it also the same resource hog? last i checked macro droid had consumed 8% battery over 16 hours.
If anything, it can help extend your battery life if using appropriate profiles. I have disabled the 'run in foreground' coz I don't have any task killer installed and now the RAM footprint has reduced from ~50mb to about ~8MB. No issues seen otherwise.
Old 11th August 2013, 10:04   #16030
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Well, in his case, it doesn't charge even while off. Latest update is the phone is with Samsung. Let's see what they do/say.
My GNex has been charging the last 2 days even when the phone is on. I think the change that made it work was to disable MTP mode and restart the phone.
Old 12th August 2013, 15:13   #16031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Its been more than 30 minutes I have been trying to locate - unsuccessful still.

Also when I click on Ring Device - it says device was rung - but nothing happens on the phone. It doesnt ring at all.
Started working flawlessly since today morning.

I can locate and ring the phone now on the 1st try itself.
Old 15th August 2013, 11:39   #16032
BHPian

My SGS2's digitizer broke during a fall. I've got extended warranty, luckily. But will it be of any use in this case?
Old 15th August 2013, 13:04   #16033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
My SGS2's digitizer broke during a fall. I've got extended warranty, luckily. But will it be of any use in this case?
Extended warranties usually don't cover damage. AFAIK, you will have to replace the AMOLDED LCD also. Will cost you a decent amount

Old 15th August 2013, 13:38   #16034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Extended warranties usually don't cover damage. AFAIK, you will have to replace the AMOLDED LCD also. Will cost you a decent amount

Yup physical damage is not covered under warranty. Try your luck

If repaired,out of warranty,Expect damages up to 8K INR.
Old 16th August 2013, 14:26   #16035
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post the same message across multiple threads. This counts as SPAM. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2013 at 13:56.
dmplog is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks