Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2013, 15:15   #16081
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Sir,
Thank you for the feedback on Xperia ZL.
I am probably going to join the ZL owners club soon.
Good decision.
Apart from a hard case and screen guard that come as standard accessories in the box with the ZL, be warned that after market accessories for the ZL are hard to come by, which I am assuming will also be the case for spares at the next door mobile repair store or even a Sony Service Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

I noticed on Sony India site that they have a 4.2 Update dated end July. However no OTA notifications have come up. As per Sony support update via OTA or via PC/MAC would only be possible after the phone gets a notification.
Discovered that I am on 4.2.2 whilst scrolling through the settings tabs last night. This must be the update I received a couple of weeks ago. What are the major differences though, didn't find anything visibly different.

Last edited by manson : 24th August 2013 at 15:20.
Old 24th August 2013, 16:29   #16082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Try Magisto Video Editor & Maker.
Thanks mate . Tried it but this App requires a phone with darn good specs. It kept hanging when i started video editing. Finally had to use Win movie maker !
Old 24th August 2013, 17:05   #16083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Samsung phones are recently seen to have motherboard complaint with many of the models. I've personally seen a galaxy duos, note2 and Grand with motherboard complaint. With popularity it seems that Samsung is losing quality. Personally I feel the look and feel of ZL is far better than the plastic like Samsung note2.
After owning a Galaxy S3 for few months I am not too interested in another Galaxy. Note 2 was a primary contender but the huge size just let down my interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Good decision.
Apart from a hard case and screen guard that come as standard accessories in the box with the ZL, be warned that after market accessories for the ZL are hard to come by, which I am assuming will also be the case for spares at the next door mobile repair store or even a Sony Service Centre.
Yes, Xperia Z comes with a flip cover like case. But the hard shell case bundled along with ZL was an offer that pre-existed and I don't think that I would be lucky enough to get the same offer now. Sony Centre , Trivandrum quoted me 34990 for ZL and 37990 for Z.
My conclusion on Z twins
Z is for ones who care for style and looks along with utility.
ZL is for people who thinks utility and practicality over style.
My heart says Z and my mind says ZL
In a real dilemma on which one to go with !
Old 24th August 2013, 17:10   #16084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Xperia Z comes with a flip cover like case. But the hard shell case bundled along with ZL was an offer that pre-existed and I don't think that I would be lucky enough to get the same offer now. Sony Centre , Trivandrum quoted me 34990 for ZL and 37990 for Z.
A Lot of Xperia Z / ZL / ZR covers are available on Aliexpress.

Last edited by manson : 24th August 2013 at 17:47.
Old 24th August 2013, 17:23   #16085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
A Lot of Xperia Z / ZL / ZR covers are available on Aliexpress.
Thank you for your suggestion. Just went through the site. They have got a good collection
Let us solve the first confusion !
Z or ZL ?
Old 24th August 2013, 17:45   #16086
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Sony centres are the most expensive place to purchase anything Sony. Check with your neighborhood authorized retailer, or Flipkart / Indiatimes.com, you should be able to manage the ZL for 30 - 32K easy.

Quote:
My conclusion on Z twins
Z is for ones who care for style and looks along with utility.
ZL is for people who thinks utility and practicality over style.

I was briefly confused between the Z & ZL, especially when the Z was only 1.5K more expensive over the ZL, but for the loss of water & dust resistance on the Z, you get a smaller (MORE HANDY) ZL with an infrared port, beautiful LED, no rubber beeding for usb / charger slots and a dedicated camera key.

Last edited by manson : 24th August 2013 at 17:51.
Old 24th August 2013, 20:16   #16087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Sony centres are the most expensive place to purchase anything Sony. Check with your neighborhood authorized retailer, or Flipkart / Indiatimes.com, you should be able to manage the ZL for 30 - 32K easy.
I was briefly confused between the Z & ZL, especially when the Z was only 1.5K more expensive over the ZL, but for the loss of water & dust resistance on the Z, you get a smaller (MORE HANDY) ZL with an infrared port, beautiful LED, no rubber beeding for usb / charger slots and a dedicated camera key.
A retailer here today quoted me Rs 33000 for Z after a flat discount of Rs 5000 as Exchange offer.
I might settle for Z if I get that offer or else if the offer lapses I would go for ZL. I liked ZL for its practicality but Z in purple shade has just stole my heart

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 24th August 2013 at 20:29.
Old 24th August 2013, 22:47   #16088
BHPian

Quote:
A retailer here today quoted me Rs 33000 for Z after a flat discount of Rs 5000 as Exchange offer.
I might settle for Z if I get that offer or else if the offer lapses I would go for ZL. I liked ZL for its practicality but Z in purple shade has just stole my heart
You should be able to get Z for less than 33k without exchange. I had seen a price of 30---/- few days back. Check following JFI.

http://www.pricedealsindia.com/mobil...ia-dpi1613.php

Kiran
Old 24th August 2013, 23:12   #16089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I have a query related to google contacts. I have a set of contacts from my BB synced with my outlook. I exported them from outlook and imported them into my Gmail. worked well.

But now i noticed there are 2 sets of contacts in my Gmail
1. My Contacts (478)
2. Imported 24/08/2013 (380)

How can i merge these 2 into 1?

Attachment 1128523

Attachment 1128524

A little confused here.
I think it created a group of your imported contacts. Just select all those contacts and add them to "My Contacts" group. It's as simple as that. Later you can delete the imported group.
Old 26th August 2013, 07:48   #16090
Team-BHP Support

Now that Latitude is gone, what is the next best solution for location tracking?
Has any one used anything different ?
Old 26th August 2013, 07:53   #16091
BHPian

Quote:
Now that Latitude is gone, what is the next best solution for location tracking?
There are a lot of tracking applications available in the app store. If you are looking for something from Google- they have an app called "my tracks". I record my runs in it and it does a decent job. Hope it helps you.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:33   #16092
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash_pegasus View Post
There are a lot of tracking applications available in the app store. If you are looking for something from Google- they have an app called "my tracks". I record my runs in it and it does a decent job. Hope it helps you.
I did not mean tracks logs for drives. I meant "location tracking" of family/friends etc. The one which Latitude used to excel at. There may be good solutions out there even for that. What I wanted to know wasm if any one has used any and can recommend.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:09   #16093
BHPian

Quote:
Try 'Glympse'.

You can see the real-time location and speed (with a few seconds lag).
Old 26th August 2013, 11:00   #16094
Senior - BHPian

Does the Galaxy S Duos have an inbuilt compass app? Or do I have to download a different application? The specifications show a compass sensor. And dialing *#0*# does also show a compass, but I do not know how correct it is.
Old 26th August 2013, 12:04   #16095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

Try 'Glympse'.

You can see the real-time location and speed (with a few seconds lag).
I have used realtime Gps tracker. You can send the URL to anyone and they can start taking you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks