Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 20:45   #16201
Distinguished - BHPian

My nexus 4 has a 5v 1.2 amps charger. But the cord length is less for my requirement. Is it OK to use my galaxy nexus charger which is 5v and 0.7 amps. The cord is long enough for my requirement.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:42   #16202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
My nexus 4 has a 5v 1.2 amps charger. But the cord length is less for my requirement. Is it OK to use my galaxy nexus charger which is 5v and 0.7 amps. The cord is long enough for my requirement.
Yes it's phone but charging speed will be slower if your new nexus takes in 1.2a charging current.

For example the 500ma charger I have charges my note much slower than 2a one
Old 7th September 2013, 07:42   #16203
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any Huawei users out here? I want to know the long term reliability and durability as I'm planning to get a Huawei Ascend Y300 as a second phone after getting frustrated with WP8 limitations of my 520. Seriously need your help.
Regards.
Old 7th September 2013, 13:26   #16204
BHPian

I have downloaded 'Sygic GPS Navigation' from Google play in my Galaxy S Duos. There are some maps available to download as 7-day trial version; but India maps are not available (neither for trail nor for purchase). Can any T-Bhpian please help? I need to know from where I need to download India maps.
Old 7th September 2013, 15:54   #16205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yes it's phone but charging speed will be slower if your new nexus takes in 1.2a charging current.

If both the chargers are pumping in the max rated current; into USB, then it should take the same time. But I dont know how much they pump in. Hence cant comment.
Old 7th September 2013, 17:00   #16206
Team-BHP Support

The max rated current acceptable by these phones is around 2A. So a 500mA charger will charge slower. However, a 5A capable charger will charge same as 2A rated charger
Old 7th September 2013, 17:12   #16207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have downloaded 'Sygic GPS Navigation' from Google play in my Galaxy S Duos. There are some maps available to download as 7-day trial version; but India maps are not available (neither for trail nor for purchase). Can any T-Bhpian please help? I need to know from where I need to download India maps.
There is a seperate Sygic india paid app on play store. i bought it for 200 bucks sometime back.
Old 8th September 2013, 00:17   #16208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
There is a seperate Sygic india paid app on play store. i bought it for 200 bucks sometime back.
Download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.sygic.aura. This is the Sygic app with maps for Indian states.
Old 8th September 2013, 12:00   #16209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the charger has a detachabe cable with USB inferface, you could simply use a USB extension cable to increase the length.

I use the same approach for charging my Samsung Tablet.

Rohan
Old 8th September 2013, 13:11   #16210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

- Is it possible to install it on my laptop instead just to keep this guy satisfied?
It is possible with emulator software.
Old 8th September 2013, 14:42   #16211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

I am not too worried about charging speed since I keep it for charge the whole night

What I am worried of is the possible damage to battery because of higher current

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

If both the chargers are pumping in the max rated current; into USB, then it should take the same time. But I dont know how much they pump in. Hence cant comment.
My galaxy s charger pumps in 0.7 amps whereas nexus 4 charger pumps in 1.2 amps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

If the charger has a detachabe cable with USB inferface, you could simply use a USB extension cable to increase the length.

I use the same approach for charging my Samsung Tablet.

Rohan
Well the nexus 4 charger does have detachable USB cable. Any suggestions on where to procure a longer cable? I need 2 metre long cable

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 8th September 2013 at 15:03.
Old 8th September 2013, 14:57   #16212
Distinguished - BHPian

I am confused by this and welcome clarrification.

Isn't it that "pumps in" is not right, but "capable of supplying" would be more correct?

My car charger has high and low output sockets. I always use the low one, just in case I'm wrong (and it is enough to power the navigation and display with battery drain anyway) but doesn't a device draw what it draws? Isn't it going to draw the same whether we connect it to a 0.5 amp, 2 amp, or 200 amp supply?
Old 8th September 2013, 17:13   #16213
BANNED

Quote:
I am not too worried about charging speed since I keep it for charge the whole night

What I am worried of is the possible damage to battery because of higher current

My galaxy s charger pumps in 0.7 amps whereas nexus 4 charger pumps in 1.2 amps.

Well the nexus 4 charger does have detachable USB cable. Any suggestions on where to procure a longer cable? I need 2 metre long cable
I got a 3 meter one off ebay. Cheap and works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am confused by this and welcome clarrification.

Isn't it that "pumps in" is not right, but "capable of supplying" would be more correct?

My car charger has high and low output sockets. I always use the low one, just in case I'm wrong (and it is enough to power the navigation and display with battery drain anyway) but doesn't a device draw what it draws? Isn't it going to draw the same whether we connect it to a 0.5 amp, 2 amp, or 200 amp supply?
Yup, I think so too. Connecting to a higher rated charger should not damage the device, but connecting to a charger rated lower than what a device draws could. Or, so I think.
Old 8th September 2013, 17:15   #16214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post

I got a 3 meter one off ebay. Cheap and works fine.

Yup, I think so too. Connecting to a higher rated charger should not damage the device, but connecting to a charger rated lower than what a device draws could. Or, so I think.
Can you post the link of the eBay product you purchased
Old 8th September 2013, 17:52   #16215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can get it from any nearby computer accessories store or electronics stores like Croma etc or purchase it online from flipkart / ebay etc.

Ask for a "USB extension cable" (with USB male connector on one side and USB female connector on the other side). Something similar to this one:

http://www.flipkart.com/bandridge-bc...mdghvvqnbeehkr

No need to go for a high quality branded cable for charging purpose. A cheap local made cable similar to the one below is good enough for your need.

Rohan
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-cable-usb-extension.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks