Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:21   #23386
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Which ROM are you running?
I guess he is referring to this. Surprisingly, the description says 'official' AOSP. Interesting.....
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:43   #23387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
I guess he is referring to this. Surprisingly, the description says 'official' AOSP. Interesting.....
I'm using this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/redm...eaned-t3354682
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:21   #23388
BANNED

USB drivers for Motorola (Esp Moto X2, and G2). I need USB drivers for my Motorola phones, any ideas where they are to be found. I am running Win 10.
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:48   #23389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
USB drivers for Motorola (Esp Moto X2, and G2). I need USB drivers for my Motorola phones, any ideas where they are to be found. I am running Win 10.
You can download the Motorola PC suite from here. This would install the required drivers as well.

This portal also contains lot of other useful information for Moto Phones.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:02   #23390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Linux: no additional drivers needed

At least, in my experience of file transfer, adb, fastboot. Plug in phone and it works!
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:24   #23391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Linux: no additional drivers needed

At least, in my experience of file transfer, adb, fastboot. Plug in phone and it works!
On Ubuntu 14.04, my G2 doesn't seem to work!
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:03   #23392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
It will be interesting to hear of other's feedback on Marshmallow.
My Sony Z3 after Marshmallow (6.0.2) update.
- Unable to silence camera click
- Selfie timer has a annoying count down noise, unable to suppress that either
- Google map sometimes fails to show the car's route, insists on having only 2 options, walk or bus.

So far, I have not had any super positive to report after the upgrade.

If anyone has any quick fix to my above pblms, do share.
Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:05   #23393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
On Ubuntu 14.04, my G2 doesn't seem to work!
i remember having to install some additional packages to enable mtp in earlier distros, but in recent times, i think they are included by default. haven't had any issues in connecting my Moto G1. maybe you can check with a live boot oof 16.04.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:43   #23394
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found this link-

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9197
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:35   #23395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Redmi Note 3 users - I am facing the below issues:

1. Auto Brightness- Sometimes the brightness is too low
2. Camera App closes while opening it. This is occasional and reboot fixes it.

Anybody else facing the same issue. Also I am not able to move to developer rom because the boot loader is locked. Anybody tried flashing developer rom?
Sai, If you want to try the MIUI official developer ROM, you do not have to unlock the device. I moved from MIUI Stable (V7.2.3.0.LHOMIDA) to MIUI Developer (6.4.14 (MIUI7) ) last week. All you need is to download the developer ROM from MIUI side, load it in your internal memory, open the updater app and choose the package - but take a backup of all the data in internal memory first since the update will reset the phone and will wipe off all the data.

--Anoop
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:43   #23396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Sai, If you want to try the MIUI official developer ROM, you do not have to unlock the device. I moved from MIUI Stable (V7.2.3.0.LHOMIDA) to MIUI Developer (6.4.14 (MIUI7) ) last week. All you need is to download the developer ROM from MIUI side, load it in your internal memory, open the updater app and choose the package - but take a backup of all the data in internal memory first since the update will reset the phone and will wipe off all the data.

--Anoop
Thanks Anoop! I did try that. It didn't work. Kept on throwing can't verify package error.
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:56   #23397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Anoop! I did try that. It didn't work. Kept on throwing can't verify package error.
Somewhere in the developer options embedded deep inside should be an option somewhere to verify APKs being sideloaded (Ok, something on those lines). Check if turning that off helps.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:27   #23398
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Samsung S7 Edge around 3 weeks ago here in the UAE, costed me approximately 50,610 INR.

I was getting the phone for cheaper via an online store (42,473 INR), but I became wary of such a hefty discount on a reasonable brand new phone. Then I read some reviews of the website and it mentioned some people receiving unsealed boxes, phones which were switched on, some phones with SIM inside it and some phones will numbers in the call log!

So I decided not to take the risk and bought a new one from the retail store and got a 128 GB card along with a useless headphone free with it.

Coming to the phone, it is a really nice phone with a fabulous camera. The display is crisp and the battery is sufficient for 1.5 days with moderate usage. The phone looks great and feel very premium.

Edge features are good, gives some really nifty shortcuts. I can happily sacrifice the pen (Note 5) for the cool Edge screen.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:35   #23399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sai, Did you try downloading the package again? May be the package didn't download fully? If that didn't help, you can try flashing it using Mi PC Suite. Also, I hope you have made doubly sure that you selected the correct device and processor, before downloading the full ROM package.

I downloaded the full ROM package (about 1.1 GB) from here - http://en.miui.com/download-301.html#438

The official flashing guide - http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

Also, I hope you did not unzip the package and the developer options are enabled in your phone (though not sure if this particular step is needed, no harm in trying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Somewhere in the developer options embedded deep inside should be an option somewhere to verify APKs being sideloaded (Ok, something on those lines). Check if turning that off helps.
Zappo, not sure that helps here since this is not an APK, but a zip file - but hey, no harm in trying this too.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 3rd May 2016 at 18:39.
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:14   #23400
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Sai, Did you try downloading ....trying this too.

--Anoop
+1

The download must have been corrupt. Re-downloading from the provided link should help. Developer options is applicable when you have to install an app using an APK file.

@theexperthand

Is it the same AOSP rom that we were talking about in some earlier posts? If you're using it then how has been the experience? Any issues that you have faced? Is it better than MIUI rom and in what ways beside the stock android experience?

I'd have taken the plunge but right now I don't have the time to go back and forth on the roms. So just want to be sure.

Most Viewed