Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 20:46   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Connecting Sony WH-L600 Headphones to SR6013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
What is the media player that you are using ?
I suppose you can connect your Headphone transmitter directly to the analogue or optical out of the media player. There should be a configuration that says route audio via HDMI on/off , and turn that off.

Zone2 will not work, because Zone2 is only for a different set of speakers and the Zone 2 will not have any HDMI/Optical out port, it will just have a set of Speaker connector jacks.
Thank you. Media players I'm using (Nvidia Shield TV pro and Apple TV 4K) don't have the optical out. They only have single HDMI on them to transmit everything which I'm sending to one of the inputs on AVR. One option I have is to use the Netflix or Prime Video App from my LG OLED itself, so that I can take the optical out and give it to L600. However, I may still be missing many apps that I have on Nvidia Shield TV pro which are not there on LG webOS, also some of the movies I watch from Plex, I need to use Shield TV only. But lets see, that's the last resort I have in case nothing works and before I find a solution out.

I have attached some snaps from AVR User manual. It indicates that I can use zone2 for external amplifier (can I consider L600 base station as an external amp in this case?), however the picture shows that they used the "component video out".
If you take a look at the HDMI Out section, you see one HDMI out for Zone2 in there. Do you think I can use that port to connect to L600 base station and route the audio to Zone2?
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theatre Projector thread-rearpanel.jpg  

The Home Theatre Projector thread-zone2.jpg  

Old 4th October 2021, 20:54   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you. Media players I'm using (Nvidia Shield TV pro and Apple TV 4K) don't have the optical out. Do you think I can use that port to connect to L600 base station and route the audio to Zone2?
So looks like your AVR Zone 2 has an HDMI and an Audio out as well in addition to the direct Speaker outs.

I dont think you can use HDMI , because I assume if you do this the HDMI video signal also will route to the Zone 2 HDMI, and your main TV will not have any signal.
But you should be able to use the Audio Jacks out from Zone2 into your Transmitter.

Just assuming, you can try it and see.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:22   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
So looks like your AVR Zone 2 has an HDMI and an Audio out as well in addition to the direct Speaker outs.

I dont think you can use HDMI , because I assume if you do this the HDMI video signal also will route to the Zone 2 HDMI, and your main TV will not have any signal.
But you should be able to use the Audio Jacks out from Zone2 into your Transmitter.

Just assuming, you can try it and see.
Thank you, I'll try a few things and see once the device is here. I shall share an update if I have some interesting finds.
Old 31st August 2022, 15:21   #139
BHPian

Re: The Home Theatre Projector thread

Can someone suggest if recently launched Egate O9, available at Amazon, looks like a good buy or not -
1. This will be my first home projector, and I guess Brightness at a reasonable price (less than 50K) is one of the most important criteria.
This model has 800+ ANSI
2. Two speakers of 5W seem decent.
3. Auto-focus and auto Keystone seem like good features.
4. Android OS is probably no brainer and a must in today's OTT world.
5. I intend to use it outdoors, on terrace, projecting on a white wall at evening/night
Old 30th May 2023, 18:49   #140
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Can someone suggest if recently launched Egate O9, available at Amazon, looks like a good buy or not -
1. This will be my first home projector, and I guess Brightness at a reasonable price (less than 50K) is one of the most important criteria.
Hi Maansingh,
Did you manage to get this Egate o9? Is it any good? Me too am looking to pair with fireTV 4K as my first experience with a projector.

Do let me know if you got this or some other model.

800+ ANSI Lumens, Auto Keystone are my primary requirements.

The UST projectors as well as regular projectors are currently out of my budget. I am not exactly looking for crisp eye splitting 4k image but rather a movie theatre like experience.
Old 30th May 2023, 20:40   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Did you manage to get this Egate o9?
Yes, I bought Egate 09 Pro Automatic model.

1. Brightness and clarity are pretty good, specially HD videos play great.
2. Auto-focus is very useful feature.
3. Auto-keystone is bit of hit and miss, it does 90% of the job mostly - and I have to still correct 10% remaining keystone settings using remote.
4. Amazon fire stick works great - infact inbuilt android OS is not upto the mark, and fire-stick is a must.
5. Sound is acceptable from 5 W speakers. I usually pair it to Boat Stone 1000 through Fire stick's bluetooth connection to get better sound. Also, I like sound coming from front-side using external speaker rather than back-side from projector's in-built speakers.
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:55   #142
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Yes, I bought Egate 09 Pro Automatic model.
+1 to all your points maansingh. Thanks to your real world suggestion, bought the same model.

I found the quality to be quite good for the price. I have setup a FireTv 4K max connected to my soundbar from where I get my Atmos audio and the projector set at 1080p visuals.

The result is ideal with slightly soft images with decent colors with film grain (like in the movies) but with good surround sound.

So am very happy with this purchase as my first projector.
jpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 23:04   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Waking up this thread for some inputs.

I'm researching some Home Projectors and would love to hear from Home Projector owners and/or, folks who have knowledge about these systems.

My requirements :

1. Full HD (4K) Laser Home Projector
2. Minimum 2500 Lumens
3. Ultra Short Throw (These are really expensive)- Would love to know the differences and benefits over Long Throw Projectors
4. Screen Size- 120 Inches to 150 Inches.

What brands are recommended? I see Epson, BenQ are popular.

I have shortlisted FORMOVIE THEATRE which has won awards continuously as #1 Home Theatre in the last 3-years. Anyone knows this brand?

Also, planning to add an Ambient Light Rejecting (ALR) screen as well. What are the advantages vs. disadvantages of these screens. I know one thing that the screen size will become fixed if I use an ALR. And, for screen sizes of 120" and above, they aint cheap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks