Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 17:33   #106
BHPian

Re: EPSON EH-DM3 Projector

I dont know muuch about projectors, but i was searching for one a couple of months back. I postponed my decision to buy at that time, but watching this thread keenly.

My initial thoughts are, that 39k is quite expensive for a LCD projector. However, as i mentioned, i am really a newbie in this area. Perhaps, since it has all the other components integrated (DVD, Audio etc), it might cost that much. But i was surprised as comparable ones without integrated DVD and Audio cost around 25k in India. In the US i saw them to be cheaper.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:28   #107
HSV
BHPian

Re: EPSON EH-DM3 Projector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I dont know muuch about projectors, but i was searching for one a couple of months back. I postponed my decision to buy at that time, but watching this thread keenly.

My initial thoughts are, that 39k is quite expensive for a LCD projector. However, as i mentioned, i am really a newbie in this area. Perhaps, since it has all the other components integrated (DVD, Audio etc), it might cost that much. But i was surprised as comparable ones without integrated DVD and Audio cost around 25k in India. In the US i saw them to be cheaper.
Everything is cheaper in the US! The DM3 (called the Moviemate 60 there) is around $500! We in India have to buy old tech at a premium. :( . Btw its 37K now. Still not sure whether to buy this (since the convenience of an all-in-one is very tempting indeed, no wires, no additional equipment etc), or the Epson W10 which is around the 50K but is WXGA (but lower contrast ratio, and few connectivity features missing too, however higher lumens at 2600) .... confusing!
Old 25th June 2011, 12:33   #108
HSV
BHPian

re: The Home Theatre Projector thread

Got the DM3 finally. Great experience.
Old 25th June 2011, 15:09   #109
BHPian

How is the picture brightness specially since you were concerned about low lumens. Do you need to have a fully dark room or just closing windows is good enough?
Old 1st August 2013, 18:04   #110
BHPian

Hi.
Any updates in this section. Just saw the Epson ad in the newspaper for TW 6000 and 8000. They are quoting 1.25 lakh approx for the 3D model. Any folks already bought, please share your experience. Will greatly appreciate the same. Samurai, any updates from your side

Andy

Last edited by Grace : 1st August 2013 at 18:06.
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:34   #111
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any feedback on Dell 1210s projector? Any reliable model currently available? Please guide!
Old 4th February 2014, 11:39   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Guys, any feedback on Dell 1210s projector? Any reliable model currently available? Please guide!
Dell 1210s is more of a powerpoint / multimedia projector. Not really built for HD movie application.

You can visit DNI Home Theater on ORR Opp Bangalore Central belandur.
They have around 3-4 HT demo rooms setup. Most other dealers in bangalore do not have demo pieces of the recent models.

-Fillmore
Old 28th February 2014, 14:00   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Dell 1210s is more of a powerpoint / multimedia projector. Not really built for HD movie application.

-Fillmore
Hi Fillmore,

How would you rate the Epson TW550 projector? I am considering getting it from Singapore, where it is currently on offer for S$999, which is around 47K Inr.
In INdia it is quite expensive at around 85K +!
Any other users who have experience with other projectors in the range of 50-90K INR, please feel free to share your recommendations!
Thanks!
Old 28th February 2014, 14:07   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
You can visit DNI Home Theater on ORR Opp Bangalore Central belandur.
They have around 3-4 HT demo rooms setup. Most other dealers in bangalore do not have demo pieces of the recent models.

-Fillmore
Thanks for the info.

I visited Ezone, Croma, Dell Exclusive Store, Domlur IRR etc last week and they don't have a single demo projector!
Old 28th February 2014, 16:02   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Fillmore,

How would you rate the Epson TW550 projector? I am considering getting it from Singapore, where it is currently on offer for S$999, which is around 47K Inr.
In INdia it is quite expensive at around 85K +!
Any other users who have experience with other projectors in the range of 50-90K INR, please feel free to share your recommendations!
Thanks!
I didn't check out the Epson TW550, however its not a 1080p Projector, it is rated upto 1080i. And with a big screen it can make a difference.
However there are some incidents reported where the TW550 may have panel convergence problems that can result in undesirable color shifts and a softening of the image.

Check out how much is the BenQ w1070 costing you in SG ? It is rated #1 in terms of value for money in Projectorcentral.com and is a full hd 1080p Projector.

I recently picked up a BenQ w1080st (same as 1070 except that this is short throw). Find it very good, in terms of picture quality both for SD, HD and 3D HD.
I picked it up from Amazon.com since I visited the US recently. it cost me INR 62k including shipping and taxes to the US. (It was retailing at $899 at that time)

Important things to be kept in mind are
1. Be sure to measure the throw ratio and confirm if your room dynamics has enough space to render the desired size screen. (Again you will find this tool on projectorcentral.com which shows you the distance / screen size you will get)

2. When you buy a Flatscreen TV. Net cost = cost of TV
When you buy a projector Net cost = almost 2x times the cost of the projector.
If its an 8ft+ screen then you need a motorized screen
HDMI cables you would need min 15mts
Projector mount
Adjustments to the room
HDMI splitter , if you want to switch between your TV and Projector etc..
Old 28th February 2014, 19:10   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your feedback Fillmore. In fact I am thoroughly confused between these two models only. The Epson is 720p but it is a 3lcd technology while the Benq is 1080p but Dlp technology. Price wise these projectors also equal in SG and both cost around 1000 sgd in promotions. My viewing distance will be 14 ft and room size is 22 ft by 12 ft. I will most likely go for a screen size of 7-8 ft. I do have a bluray player but most of the time we buy Dvds only and watch.
Old 1st March 2014, 09:05   #117
BHPian

hello all , i recently bought an epson tw6100 .its full hd, 3d, the picture quality is awesome and much better than my old hitachi plasma which is a 42 inch full hd tv. the maximum screen size is upto 300 inches. the amount paid after discount was rs.1,14,000/- .
Old 27th January 2016, 16:49   #118
BHPian

The Home Theatre Projector thread-p_20160126_121756_1_perfectlyclear.jpg
Got a LG PW800 mini beam projector this Saturday, ordered it via a relative in US as the pricing of this projector in India is quite exorbitant and in US it was available for 35K.

After going through the dilemma of purchasing a second 55 Inch TV I skipped it for a projector and zeroed my search for a decent portable solution suitable for small room with good short throw ratio to watch TV series and movies occasionally (mostly on weekends).

It is easy to operate and very lightweight, zoom function is sorely missed other than that most features work like a charm and I have not yet connected this small wonder to a 5.1 audio output. Wired connectivity with 2.1 F&D 330BT speakers is working fine for now to overcome the tinny speakers on board. Screenshare via Miracast also works well without any lag. The menu and operating interface is copy of what you get to see on most modern LG TV's

Looking out for a portable 87x49 100'D screen in Pune on priority, do not want to go for permanent fixture based installation. Attaching some snaps.
The Home Theatre Projector thread-p_20160126_121939_1_perfectlyclear.jpg The Home Theatre Projector thread-p_20160126_122001_1_perfectlyclear.jpg
The Home Theatre Projector thread-p_20160126_122017_1_perfectlyclear.jpgThe Home Theatre Projector thread-pc_20160126_141233_perfectlyclear.jpg
Old 5th December 2016, 11:36   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Attachment 1465618
Got a LG PW800 mini beam projector this Saturday, ordered it via a relative in US as the pricing of this projector in India is quite exorbitant and in US it was available for 35K.
I am in the same boat and toying with the idea of getting a LED projector instead of a 2nd TV. Mainly because they are cheaper than the regular DLP ones. I intend to play content directly from the HDD or internet, will not be getting another STB.

I have shortlisted cheaper models based on reviews I have read so far. One is UC46 (native resolution 480p) for ~5k and CL720D (native resolution 720p) for ~10k. Since I haven't owned projectors in the past, I am wary of putting in more as I am not sure if the setup will work out. Can upgrade later if I find these lacking.

Room size is 12x10 and I have space to project on the shorter side only. So viewing distance is going to be approx 7-8 feet. I am not looking for a large image but anything from the 40-50" should be fine.

Any first hand experience with any of these?
Old 10th December 2016, 12:01   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I am in the same boat and toying with the idea of getting a LED projector instead of a 2nd TV. Mainly because they are cheaper than the regular DLP ones. I intend to play content directly from the HDD or internet, will not be getting another STB.

I have shortlisted cheaper models based on reviews I have read so far. One is UC46 (native resolution 480p) for ~5k and CL720D (native resolution 720p) for ~10k. Since I haven't owned projectors in the past, I am wary of putting in more as I am not sure if the setup will work out. Can upgrade later if I find these lacking.

Room size is 12x10 and I have space to project on the shorter side only. So viewing distance is going to be approx 7-8 feet. I am not looking for a large image but anything from the 40-50" should be fine.

Any first hand experience with any of these?
I would suggest going for CL720D because 720p resolution is bare minimum for projectors these days and with 3000 lumens it would ensure good brightness levels., also be careful to check if you are getting the original Excelvan CL720D projector when buying from India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks