Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 19:06   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification. BTW is i Omega available in India?
Old 12th July 2009, 19:35   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. BTW is i Omega available in India?
It's available but I'm sure you'll get a much better deal in Dubai..
Old 13th July 2009, 09:39   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The most frustrating part of WDTV is that it doesn't recognise chapters and hence doesn't let you skip chapters. If you want to start from the middle, you are forced to fast forward all the way. Even the fast-forward is not accurate. Today I fast-forwarded at 16x to 50 minute mark (took 5 minutes), and when I pressed play, it started palying from 80 minutes mark. Then I had to fast-reverse to 50 minutes again. Aaaarrrgghh!
When I stop the movie in between and shut down my WD TV, it somehow remembers where I left it and when I start the same movie again, it asks me whether I want to continue from where I left off or do I want to play it from the start.

Did you install the new firmware? 1.0.2
Old 13th July 2009, 10:34   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
When I stop the movie in between and shut down my WD TV, it somehow remembers where I left it and when I start the same movie again, it asks me whether I want to continue from where I left off or do I want to play it from the start.

Did you install the new firmware? 1.0.2
The latest firmware is
WD Beta Firmware 1.02.10 Available

You will not get this problem after this. Visit this site

WD Beta Firmware 1.02.10 Available | WDTVC.com
Old 13th July 2009, 10:56   #140
Team-BHP Support

I installed the latest available firmware in early June 2009, don't remember the version.

I just noticed that the release notes for the old version 1.01.01 claims:

Added .MKV chapter selection for video playback for MKV with chapter support

Then why is it not working? Does chapter slection work for MKV for anyone?
Old 14th July 2009, 19:00   #141
Team-BHP Support

I checked, I have the 1.02.07 firmware, which is one version older than the latest. Today when I connected the 1TB drive, it complained saying it can't aggregate. I am able to access the drive and even watch the movies though.
Old 14th July 2009, 19:06   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked, I have the 1.02.07 firmware, which is one version older than the latest. Today when I connected the 1TB drive, it complained saying it can't aggregate. I am able to access the drive and even watch the movies though.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the impact of 'cannot aggregate'? If you are able to watch movies, that what is the issue?
Old 14th July 2009, 20:23   #143
BHPian

Quote:
The most frustrating part of WDTV is that it doesn't recognise chapters and hence doesn't let you skip chapters. If you want to start from the middle, you are forced to fast forward all the way. Even the fast-forward is not accurate. Today I fast-forwarded at 16x to 50 minute mark (took 5 minutes), and when I pressed play, it started palying from 80 minutes mark. Then I had to fast-reverse to 50 minutes again. Aaaarrrgghh!
This is a really painful.
I hope if you have updated your firmware you should be able to skip in 10 minutes interval. First press >> so that it displays 2x, then press >| to skip every 10 minutes.
Old 16th July 2009, 08:33   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I hope if you have updated your firmware you should be able to skip in 10 minutes interval. First press >> so that it displays 2x, then press >| to skip every 10 minutes.
That didn't work. However, it created a new problem. Everytime I use FF, when I press play to resume the movie, it comes back the begining of the movie.

Has anyone used the unofficial firmware, may be that is more predictable.
Old 16th July 2009, 08:59   #145
BHPian

Quote:
That didn't work. However, it created a new problem. Everytime I use FF, when I press play to resume the movie, it comes back the begining of the movie.

Works perfectly for me. You may just want to reset the box to factory settings (I am sure that there is some way to do this) and upgrade to the latest official firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Thanks a lot mate. You've just made my experience with WDTV much easier. Now only if somehow we can avoid the lag when you move from FF or Rev to play. It takes around 1-2 secs and you just cannot stop at the precise location that you want.

Last edited by kalpeshc : 16th July 2009 at 09:00.
Old 16th July 2009, 11:06   #146
BHPian

Quote:

Yes It is working perfectly fine I have used this with various MKV ( Cams , DVDRIP, BDRIP etc etc ) for more than 500+ files.

For your problem ,try using some other file. Also I have noticed that if you press the button for longer time ( at 2x speed ) for advancing the time by 10 mins , then if starts next file. So

!) start fast forward
2) press next for very short duration

this should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Thanks a lot mate. You've just made my experience with WDTV much easier. Now only if somehow we can avoid the lag when you move from FF or Rev to play. It takes around 1-2 secs and you just cannot stop at the precise location that you want.
Yes I am also facing this. Any solution?

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2009 at 00:47. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:24   #147
Senior - BHPian

It appears WDTV has upgraded to a higher version, and fixed many bugs reported by its user community.Any idea, folks?
Old 30th July 2009, 15:53   #148
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews of Roku?

Just saw this product at $99
Amazon.com: Roku Digital Video Player: Electronics

Does everything that WD HDTV does, and on top of it, has ethernet and WiFi support also.

Any reviews?

I am planning to buy either WD HDTV or Roku, as my friend is currently in USA. Can users please provide an honest feedback?

Also, is there a new version of WD Media Player to be release? Does anyone have firm dates? I can wait if its going to be released till end Aug.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:17   #149
BHPian

roku looks like a streamed content player rather than a stored content player
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:36   #150

Guys,

Check this out Xtreamer in India for INR 10K.

National Computrade News (NCN) - Xtreamer media player and streamer now on debuts in India.

Rgrds,ajay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks