Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 13:58   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Just posting what I found, hope it may help people struggling with the same scenario.

Finally found a way out for connecting the bluetooth and transferring media from other mobiles to BB STORM. Sending media, contacts etc from BB STORM to other paired devices are effortless, only recieving was a major constraint.

In Storm, you have to...

Select the Media App
Music Option (for music, for Video you have to select Video)
Menu Button
Select Recieve Using Bluetooth

After this a message will appear

...."File Transfer, waiting for connection".

Now you can send your media from a paired device..

Wondering, is it the same way with other BB models?..
ofcourse, that's how it works for all models.

I have a different problem, i am unable to "Pair" my Bold with my HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop. Tried every trick in the book and the damn thing doesnt get paired
Old 24th September 2009, 14:26   #1457

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
I have my hotmail configured on the BB, if I delete some one mail off the server using the web client, will this be deleted off my device as well on the next reconcile ? This mail has already been deliverd / downloaded on my handheld.

Thanks,
Yes it will be deleted. The synchronization will make your phone and Inbox updated to similar content. To make my phone clean , I have set my gmail account to send mails to archive after they have been downloaded on my laptop.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:15   #1458
Senior - BHPian

The IM versions have been upgraded as well as facebook 1.6 which works on 5.0 is out. Everyone should get it from the Blackberry Homepage.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:40   #1459
BHPian

And it worked!

Yayyy! I am thrilled to bits! My DIY BB Storm screen replacement has succeeded.

Got the replacement screen from Hong Kong through regular mail today. I cannot recommend this cnn.cn enough! I placed my order on 16th and today it has been delivered. Absolutely fantastic. No customs duties paid either.

So, immediately I went onto the cnn.cn website for the disassembly video. Just wanted to be sure...I had taken apart my berry last time also.

Anyway...followed the instructions. (Aside: They use a funky looking guitar pick kinda thing for removing the plastic notches...I just used a flat head screwdriver).

Here are a few pictures of my operation.

The Package From HK ($105 incl shipping):
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-img00042.jpg

Getting Ready:
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-img00044.jpg

Essential Tools - T6 Screwdriver (Rs 250 for the whole kit)
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-img00045.jpg

Taken Apart!
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-img00046.jpg

Old and New Screens:
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-img00050.jpg

There is one thing here which no tutorial mentions. The Screen+Digitizer is glued on to a metal plate which actually keeps the screen from falling off. Now, cnn.cn does not give the metal plate. So, I had to rip that from the old screen.

That led to another issue...there is a thin, double-sided glue paper. Seems like some special kind of sheet. cnn.cn was supposed to provide it, but didnt. So...good ol' Super Glue was used!

And....VOILA! After 5 months my Storm sees some light!
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-img00049.jpg

Sorry if this was all OT...but I was just thrilled!

Cheers!
Old 25th September 2009, 01:25   #1460
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@indigoedge Awesome stuff !! The screwdriver and stuff came in the box?
Old 25th September 2009, 11:27   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

How much would a keypad replacement on the Pearl Flip cost? Where in Mumbai can i get this done?
Looking for OEM part, no fake stuff.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:51   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
@indigoedge Awesome stuff !! The screwdriver and stuff came in the box?
Naah...the screwdriver was bought at a local store at the road corner! 30 magnetic screwheads for 250 bucks.

I have a query - will mobile office work on BB without a BIS? I am seriously considering the MO coz tethering works much better and it is ~600 bucks a mth.

Else I will just pay 7k and be done for a year!
Old 25th September 2009, 13:03   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much would a keypad replacement on the Pearl Flip cost? Where in Mumbai can i get this done?
Looking for OEM part, no fake stuff.
I got my trackball replaced at J. P. Electronics, Bang opp. Citibank Linking Road, Diagonally opp. the old Ceaser's Palace hotel, Khar (W).

Here is the map:

Google Maps

I give all my electronic repairs to him, even repairs iPods etc. Last time i went there, Imran Khan had come to pick up his iPhone. A bit expensive but very professional.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 25th September 2009 at 13:05.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:45   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post
will mobile office work on BB without a BIS?
MO will work on a BB only with the BB service active. I have tried that with and without BB activated (worked only with the BB plan subscribed), and many posts are in this thread related to that. My attempts were on airtel service, now I am with vodafone and never tried such things, so I am not sure.

Your DIY stuff is highly appreciated, its not at all OT, but very much part of the thread subject. We discuss almost everything related to a BB right from buying it, activating different plans, differences from one operator to another, software and hardware issues, and you name the rest. What you did is in a way the best way to sort out issues than giving it to a bunch of 'so-called' service guys, who might eventually screw up the whole handset by doing some repairs at these outlets. And that service also takes unpredictable days of waiting and following it up. If its under warranty, one has no choice but to be at the mercy of this process.

Changing a battery, outer covers, trackballs, key pads etc, are common DIY works reported by many members.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:16   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The IM versions have been upgraded as well as facebook 1.6 which works on 5.0 is out. Everyone should get it from the Blackberry Homepage.
call me lazy, but can you provide the link?
Old 25th September 2009, 14:49   #1466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I got my trackball replaced at J. P. Electronics, Bang opp. Citibank Linking Road, Diagonally opp. the old Ceaser's Palace hotel, Khar (W).

Here is the map:

Google Maps

I give all my electronic repairs to him, even repairs iPods etc. Last time i went there, Imran Khan had come to pick up his iPhone. A bit expensive but very professional.
Already called him before I posted. He said he can't do it. How much did he charge for the trackball?

I asked him about iPhone battery change, he said he would put OEM apple for 2500, highly doubt it would be OEM. Not that I trust Imran Khan's judgement either, he aint no gadget guru

Doesn't Reddington have the authorized BB service back up? They ought to have center in Mumbai.

Last edited by Sahil : 25th September 2009 at 14:52.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:00   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Sahil - Here's the link: BlackBerry - RIM India Support for BlackBerry Smartphone

And here's what they say
Quote:
Note: If you purchased your smartphone from a retailer rather than a service provider, and have a query related to your smartphone, please call Redington Helpline on 1800-4253-720 for assistance.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:09   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Already called him before I posted. He said he can't do it. How much did he charge for the trackball?

I asked him about iPhone battery change, he said he would put OEM apple for 2500, highly doubt it would be OEM. Not that I trust Imran Khan's judgement either, he aint no gadget guru

Doesn't Reddington have the authorized BB service back up? They ought to have center in Mumbai.
Well whatever work i have got done from him, right from the older TV's, VCR's, Microwaves, DVD players, LCD TV's, my Communicators, etc. All done by him & even if Imran Khan does trust him or no, i do .

My Blackberry had an issue with the trackball. The work environment that i have is full of dust & metal particles, being in industry. So the trackball is prone to jamming. I tried the DIY was to open it and clean the trackball but it did not solve my problem so i got it changed from him. As of now its still working perfectly fine.

AFA Redington is concerned, Google it bro.

If you still can be a bit adventurous, call fommy.co.in and ask their customer call centre if the part is available and then you could DIY.

Alternately you can order it online at cnn.cn as indigoedge did & DIY.

Phew!
Old 25th September 2009, 15:24   #1469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post
I have a query - will mobile office work on BB without a BIS? I am seriously considering the MO coz tethering works much better and it is ~600 bucks a mth.
Have used my airtel sim with MO activated in multiple BB set without any hic up, for browsing and IMAP email clients.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:47   #1470
BHPian

you mean you have accessed internet without activating BB services on a BB phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have used my airtel sim with MO activated in multiple BB set without any hic up, for browsing and IMAP email clients.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks