Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-22.html)

Olympus OM-D / E-M5 is finally here. It look so good in silver:
REGION | OLYMPUS OM-D | Olympus Imaging

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2673624)
Olympus OM-D / E-M5 is finally here. It look so good in silver:
REGION | OLYMPUS OM-D | Olympus Imaging

That lens is confusing the hell out of me. They got the FL spot on, 12-50mm. But it is F/6.3 at tele end :eek: and really looooong.

Not sure if Pentax K-01 is already discussed here. This is probably the first (?) mirrorless camera that can share lenses from mainstream DSLR system (Pentax in this case obviously).

PENTAX - K-01 Yellow

Anyone already bought the NEX7? I'm considering to buy this one next month. Just wanted to know if any one among us already has it and could share their experience here.

These days so many EVIL cameras are coming out, and each is making the previous one look bad. The smart money is on just sitting back and watching the madness to end.

Actually, you cannot really compare the Sony EVILs to the rest of the club. The Sony EVIL cams contain the same sensor which goes in mid range APS-C Nikon DSLRs, so you do not loose high ISO or low light shooting capabilities, as with the 4/3" sensors.

Just like Sony EVILs, even Panasonic and Olympus EVILs use the same sensor as their dSLR counterparts.

However, Nikon and Pentax have come out with much smaller sensors than their dSLR counterparts.

I was about to make a purchase of Olympus EPL2 with Panasonic pancake lens. But this Olympus OM-D has just made me sit on my money. As pointed out before the best thing is to sit on money and watch.

When OM-D gets released, there will be something else from somebody else to make you sit on your money again.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2679528)
Just like Sony EVILs, even Panasonic and Olympus EVILs use the same sensor as their dSLR counterparts.

However, Nikon and Pentax have come out with much smaller sensors than their dSLR counterparts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2679535)
I was about to make a purchase of Olympus EPL2 with Panasonic pancake lens. But this Olympus OM-D has just made me sit on my money. As pointed out before the best thing is to sit on money and watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2679594)
When OM-D gets released, there will be something else from somebody else to make you sit on your money again.:D

I cannot understand your logic. Even in case of DSLRs there are Pentax, Sony, Nikon, Canon, Sigma etc., and they keep releasing cameras. Just like different companies in EVIL world keep releasing cameras.

Sony released NEX-3,NEX-5n, NEX-7 in different price brackets, just like Canon has 600D, 60D, 7D in different price brackets.

So how is EVIL world any different from DSLR world?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2679594)

Money not spent is money well saved. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2680169)
So how is EVIL world any different from DSLR world?

I guess the difference is that it is evolving. Very fast. The early pioneers were GF1 and EP1. And look how they have progressed. We have Lumix GX1, OM-D and all that jazz. Now you get viewfinder, better sensors and much better lineup of lenses.

Look how OM-D has stirred up the field again. It is providing a weather proof body+ a weather proof lens(if i remember correctly).
Along with the size advantage. Almost similar in size to film SLR.

DSLR's on the other hand (In my humble opinion) have kind of plateaued. Now whenever a new one is released I really do not get excited. Maybe some low light performance betterment, maybe HD movie capability and so on.

download2live, man... you just stole my thunder. Very well put.

Tanveer, that should answer your question. In the dSLR world, there is not much to difference between competitors or even newer models. Changes are incremental.

In the EVIL world, there is huge difference between models that are coming even 3 months apart. My E-PL1 feels ancient by the current standards, and it only completed a year last month.

Ok update time. I booked an E-PL1. Finally. Kit lens only. Pancake can wait.
Went through lot of forums and did lot of head scratching.
Finally it was price that settled it. 18.5k sealed the deal for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live
Ok update time. I booked an E-PL1. Finally. Kit lens only. Pancake can wait.
Went through lot of forums and did lot of head scratching.
Finally it was price that settled it. 18.5k sealed the deal for me.

And I kept mine because I couldn't sell it even at for 15k. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2695114)
And I kept mine because I couldn't sell it even at for 15k. :-)

You are selling it? Better keep it. I think its gone out of production and we are seeing a stock clearance kind of sale. Once the stocks are over we might see a jump in the price like GF-1 and E-620 are commanding now.
You can sell it then. :)

You have to now share the settings you use for the JPEGS, I mean the Sharpening, NR, Saturation and all that. I keep RAW as a record of all details. Not really too much into post-processing.