Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-97.html)

Hi, I picked up an EOS M from Singapore in December. I'm totally happy with it, the low weight and brilliant images totally in its favour, and was unaware of any auto focus issues. Please enlighten on how to add the firmware update to the camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3466593)
Guys... any personal review of the Canon EOS M. I have heard of the auto focus issues but apparently the new firmware update has made it borderline acceptable. What is your experience, if any?

I am looking at buying the same as a companion camera to EOS 7D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3466593)
Guys... any personal review of the Canon EOS M. I have heard of the auto focus issues but apparently the new firmware update has made it borderline acceptable. What is your experience, if any?

I am looking at buying the same as a companion camera to EOS 7D.

Will your EF lenses work with the EOS-M?
If not, it makes sense to buy sony as your EF lenses with work with Sony(Albeit slow AF)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3466819)
Will your EF lenses work with the EOS-M?
If not, it makes sense to buy sony as your EF lenses with work with Sony(Albeit slow AF)

They will work with my EF lenses but with an adapter. It's another matter that the price of the adapter is almost the same as the going price of the camera these days :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 3466698)
Hi, I picked up an EOS M from Singapore in December. I'm totally happy with it, the low weight and brilliant images totally in its favour, and was unaware of any auto focus issues. Please enlighten on how to add the firmware update to the camera.

Just search Google for the same. The auto focus speed doubles after the update, apparently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3466862)
They will work with my EF lenses but with an adapter. It's another matter that the price of the adapter is almost the same as the going price of the camera these days :)

Adapters cost less 100$. I doubt you can buy a mirrorless for that price

I read some where that the Sony E-mount to canon EF Third party adapters focus faster then canon own EOS M to EF mount.If true thats really embarrassing for canon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3466879)
Adapters cost less 100$. I doubt you can buy a mirrorless for that price

I did not mean that literally. The mount is $134 on amazon. The camera doing with kit lens is $350 plus. The bumper discount is due to the much publicized auto focus. I want to know how bad it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3466963)
I did not mean that literally. The mount is $134 on amazon. The camera doing with kit lens is $350 plus. The bumper discount is due to the much publicized auto focus. I want to know how bad it is.

Camera is 650 USD body only. Where you are loooking?
Adapters cost from 75-125$ and offer slow but accurate AF. In low light however, its quite painful.
But if its a companion cam I presume you can choose to use your 7D in low light situations

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3466974)
Camera is 650 USD body only. Where you are loooking?
Adapters cost from 75-125$ and offer slow but accurate AF. In low light however, its quite painful.
But if its a companion cam I presume you can choose to use your 7D in low light situations

Canon EOS M is 21k on Flipkart with a 4gb card, bag and 18-55 kitlens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3467095)
Canon EOS M is 21k on Flipkart with a 4gb card, bag and 18-55 kitlens.

Isn't Sony NEX-3NL ( 2 years sony warranty) with 16-50 kit lens @22,231 a better deal?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/201111516231

I am asking because I am planning to buy an entry level mirror less camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 3467099)
Isn't Sony NEX-3NL ( 2 years sony warranty) with 16-50 kit lens @22,231 a better deal?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/201111516231

I am asking because I am planning to buy an entry level mirror less camera.

Want to buy canon because it let's me use my EF lenses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3467104)
Want to buy canon because it let's me use my EF lenses.

Got it.

And how does it sound for a person like me who doesn't have EF lenses ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 3467099)

Yes, it is. If you look at DXOmark camera sensor rating, NEX-3N is ranked 77th and EOS M is ranked 135th. But he is locked into Canon system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3467112)
Yes, it is. If you look at DXOmark camera sensor rating, NEX-3N is ranked 77th and EOS M is ranked 135th. But he is locked into Canon system.

Thanks. That's a great link. :)

So, below 30k, what will you suggest?

With 30K budget you could reach for Sony A5000 with 16-50mm lens. NEX is last generation.