Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-99.html)

Flipkart has been offering EOS M at 40% discount - at about 20k - for a long time now. Still it hasn't got too many takers. If you get it at much cheaper price, then only consider it, else consider the other cameras only.

It will come down to requirement of user. Do they want smallest camera possible? How small is good enough? Do they need superzoom? Is touchscreen/wifi/GPS of any importance at all? Then you can deduce the best camera fitting the needs and wants.

I have read that GPS support in cameras is quite buggy and sketchy, and the feature can be avoided. Touch screen can be a good feature provided the user likes to use touch screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 3507981)
Flipkart has been offering EOS M at 40% discount - at about 20k - for a long time now. Still it hasn't got too many takers. If you get it at much cheaper price, then only consider it, else consider the other cameras only.

It will come down to requirement of user. Do they want smallest camera possible? How small is good enough? Do they need superzoom? Is touchscreen/wifi/GPS of any importance at all? Then you can deduce the best camera fitting the needs and wants.

I have read that GPS support in cameras is quite buggy and sketchy, and the feature can be avoided. Touch screen can be a good feature provided the user likes to use touch screen.

Righto. The only requirements so far are excellent image clarity, the least amount of hassle, combined with ease of lugging around. Super zoom is not really needed. They just need it to snap good looking vacation-y photos :)

GPS & other fancy stuff is not really needed. Wi-Fi is an excellent idea that would definitely add value, but its absence would not be a deal breaker. Touch screen, again, seems more like a gimmick, but again not a deal breaker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourav9385 (Post 3508000)
GPS & other fancy stuff is not really needed. Wi-Fi is an excellent idea that would definitely add value, but its absence would not be a deal breaker. Touch screen, again, seems more like a gimmick, but again not a deal breaker.

Then I will stand behind my suggestion of S110/S200 and your choice of RX100 II. Touch screen can be a good value addition, as it enables to precisely focus the camera on the desired object. Though a simple click-it forget-it camera is way better than the one with all the many bells and whistles that could go wrong.

Just got myself a Panasonic 100-300 zoom which is equivalent to a 200-600 mm lens on full frame 35mm. I do a considerable amount of wild life photography and have always lamented the lack of a small 600mm equivalent on my Nikon DSLR system. So when I came across a great deal on Amazon India I jumped on it.

I use a Panasonic GX1 and so far I have been pleased with the results I have got so far. Of course IQ wise now where near the Nikon equivalents but much better for the price I paid for it.

Attaching some samples I have taken with my GX1 and 100-300 combo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 3513041)
Just got myself a Panasonic 100-300 zoom which is equivalent to a 200-600 mm lens on full frame 35mm. I do a considerable amount of wild life photography and have always lamented the lack of a small 600mm equivalent on my Nikon DSLR system. So when I came across a great deal on Amazon India I jumped on it.

I use a Panasonic GX1 and so far I have been pleased with the results I have got so far. Of course IQ wise now where near the Nikon equivalents but much better for the price I paid for it.

Attaching some samples I have taken with my GX1 and 100-300 combo.

A real step forward for small MLCs.

Very nice pics. TFS. Are you a member of JJ Mehta or the new forum Photography Club of India? I was browsing thru those sites and have seen some of these photos there (I think)

Canon hinting they are serious about the high resolution mirorless line of products.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/707...ry-near-future

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 3513041)
I use a Panasonic GX1 and so far I have been pleased with the results I have got so far.

Very nice. I too bought a 40-150mm lens recently, an ordinary lens to ensure I don't lose shots for lack of any telezooms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3542226)
Canon hinting they are serious about the high resolution mirorless line of products.

Unless they are ready to cannibalise their dSLR sales, they will not come up with industry leading mirrorless products. Instead, they will make mirrorless products only their diehard fans will buy.

The mirrorless industry was hoping to cash-in on people migrating from consumer P&S camera. But they got blindsided by the smartphone cameras. People who were happy with P&S camera quality are more than happy with smartphone camera quality. That means mirrorless can only get migrants from dSLR community who are looking for compactness.

The only reason for me retaining the D7000 now is telephoto. Sony FE/E mount does not have anything longer than 300mm equivalent.
I am a 2 camera person, i guess I can sell all my nikon kit, get the GM5 from Panasonic, and pair it with 1 walkabout and 1 telephoto lens.

I've got EPL5 and now searching for the Olympus VF-3 Viewfinder. where can I source it within Mumbai or any dealers in India?
Any pointers appreciated. Thanks

Any idea about GX7 body only pricing in India? Also, are panasonic lenses available or is panasonic mostly absent from India market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourav9385 (Post 3508000)
Righto. The only requirements so far are excellent image clarity, the least amount of hassle, combined with ease of lugging around. Super zoom is not really needed. They just need it to snap good looking vacation-y photos :)

S200 Canon is great for your needs.

Have been using it for a month now. It is extremely handy. And its low light performance is tremendous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3573320)
Any idea about GX7 body only pricing in India? Also, are panasonic lenses available or is panasonic mostly absent from India market.

Amazon has some vendors selling Panasonic lenses. One if them is jjmehta. I know this as I got their invoice when I got my 100-300 from them for about 29000. Also got my 7-14 from them recently at a nice price.

Quote:

The only reason for me retaining the D7000 now is telephoto. Sony FE/E mount does not have anything longer than 300mm equivalent.
I am a 2 camera person, i guess I can sell all my nikon kit, get the GM5 from Panasonic, and pair it with 1 walkabout and 1 telephoto lens.
Actually you should get the Nikon 1 series and use your telephoto. The crop factor is 2.7 and a simple 200 MM becomes a superb 540mm and its one of the most used wildlife camera for some experts.

And even the earliest Nikon 1 is able to get you way closer with a smaller set up.

In fact i am very tempted to get the Nikon 1 with a sigma 120-300. i already have the 2x and 1.4x converters which makes it a very interesting set up for tele.

The 5 Axis Image Stabilization is now made available in Sony A7 Mark 2 FF camera announced recently!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/the-b...77m2-firmware/

Looks like Sony is leading the way ahead in Mirrorless!

Hi guys, need help.
Olympus E-PL6 vs Sony A5000
which one to pick? How is the IQ between these two? I wont use this for anything that requires high speed focusing. how are the range of lenses?
What is the major advantage/disadvantage when comparing these models?
the price after discounts are very close, so price is not a factor to consider for now.