Team-BHP - Query On CCTV Camera And Installation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Query On CCTV Camera And Installation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/96322-query-cctv-camera-installation-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 5645297)
Seeing the reviews, I am worried about the WiFi Signal distance that this camera can support as it has no external antennas visible. Anyone here with experience with this model please share on how much safe distance from Router this model supports and any issue faced etc.

I have it in my hometown. WiFi is 2.4 GHz only and WiFi chipset is ancient. You will need a WiFi repeater in line of sight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 5647011)
I have it in my hometown. WiFi is 2.4 GHz only and WiFi chipset is ancient. You will need a WiFi repeater in line of sight.

Thanks for the quick feedback - will drop this option.

I am now looking at the below three:

PHILIPS HSP3800 Smart 360° WiFi Outdoor Security Camera | 2MP Full HD | PTZ | Colour Night Vision | 2 Way Talk | Motion & Sound Detect | 2 Year Brand Replacement Warranty | Weather Proof IP65
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C825BGQ3/

Imou Cruiser SE 4MP QHD Pan/Tilt WiFi Enabled Outdoor Security Camera with Smart Auto Tracking | 360 Degree Coverage | Smart Color Vision | Builtin Microphone with Alexa(IPC-S41FP, White)
https://www.amazon.in/Imou-Security-...dp/B0B6KD8JHC/

Ezviz H8C 4MP Outdoor Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi Camera|Color Night Vision|360° Coverage|Auto-Tracking|Two-Way Talk|Weatherproof Design|Supports MicroSD Card (Up to 512 GB)|White
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0BY99HXP7/

Requesting feedback from people who might have used these. The Option1 from Phillips and Option 2 from Imou both have external antennas so I am assuming range would be good. Ezviz does not have visible antenna so should I drop that?

I tried the Tapo C320W and the Wifi connection worked very well for the position but this is not a PTZ and hence returning it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 5647178)
Thanks for the quick feedback - will drop this option.

I am now looking at the below three:

[

Requesting feedback from people who might have used these. The Option1 from Phillips and Option 2 from Imou both have external antennas so I am assuming range would be good. Ezviz does not have visible antenna so should I drop that?

I tried the Tapo C320W and the Wifi connection worked very well for the position but this is not a PTZ and hence returning it.

You can go for this Ezviz model instead. This has external antennas and I have been using this for over a year now.
EZVIZ by Hikvision|C8C Outdoor WiFi 1080p Motorized Pan/Tilt Camera,Color Night Vision, Dust and Water Protection, BuiltIn MicroSD Card Slot(Upto 256GB),Supports Google Assistant & Alexa. https://amzn.eu/d/f099Rbz

I have also been using 5 other ezviz cameras for since 3-4 years and they all work well. Ezviz is a Hikvision company and they are the leaders in CCTVs worldwide. Second largest is Dahua (Imou is their brand).

Is anybody using Airtel xsafe?
Planning on installation of security cams at my place, would be really helpful if someone can share the firsthand experience with them.

Team please help me.
I bought a TP Link Tapo C200 camera for my living room. The wifi router is in the same room. Around 4pm or so I lose signal from the camera. This continues till I am home around 7pm after which I am able to connect. What issue is this, any pointers?
The wifi is stable throughout the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 5656822)
Team please help me.
I bought a TP Link Tapo C200 camera for my living room. The wifi router is in the same room. Around 4pm or so I lose signal from the camera. This continues till I am home around 7pm after which I am able to connect. What issue is this, any pointers?
The wifi is stable throughout the day.

I was having this issue with a CP Plus camera. It used to lose connection once in a while randomly and go 'offline'. Then the company provided a firmware update and in a hope that this will solve the issue, I updated the firmware almost immediately. However, the things turned worse and the camera now started dropping the connection very frequently. I complained to the service team and they had no other answers than to reset the camera and install it back every time. However, that didn't help as well.

Finally, I had to get an ethernet cable and connected the camera using it. This was not the solution I was looking upto, and moreover, certainly not the way it should be done but after using the ethernet cable, the camera has never dropped the connection. So. I am afraid that if our issue is similar, then this could be the only solution; just hoping that drawing a cable is feasible for the cam location.

Recently installed a CP-Plus EzyKam+ 3 MP camera over the main door. Bought from a local shop for 1,900/-. Had a Sandisk 256 GB microSD card at home, which was inserted for storage. Seamless to install, connected easily with the home WiFi and synced with a phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 5656850)
I was having this issue with a CP Plus camera. It used to lose connection once in a while randomly and go 'offline'. Then the company provided a firmware update and in a hope that this will solve the issue, I updated the firmware almost immediately. However, the things turned worse and the camera now started dropping the connection very frequently. I complained to the service team and they had no other answers than to reset the camera and install it back every time. However, that didn't help as well.

Finally, I had to get an ethernet cable and connected the camera using it. This was not the solution I was looking upto, and moreover, certainly not the way it should be done but after using the ethernet cable, the camera has never dropped the connection. So. I am afraid that if our issue is similar, then this could be the only solution; just hoping that drawing a cable is feasible for the cam location.

Thanks, unfortunately this model is wifi only. So I guess I have to live with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 5656914)
Thanks, unfortunately this model is wifi only. So I guess I have to live with it.

If it is under warranty please try to get it replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamNikhil (Post 5656858)
Recently installed a CP-Plus EzyKam+ 3 MP camera over the main door. Bought from a local shop for 1,900/-. Had a Sandisk 256 GB microSD card at home, which was inserted for storage. Seamless to install, connected easily with the home WiFi and synced with a phone.

I Have the same model about which I wrote above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 5656914)

If safety is paramount and the cam is mounted for critical surveillance, you can plug it through a wi-fi smart socket. This way you can reboot the camera remotely by just turning the wifi socket off and back on through your phone from any location. Rebooting should bring it back online.

Hi all,
I am looking to install cctv. Its an independent house and I need 7 cameras. Since things get outdated very fast in this space, want to buy something which is at-least relevant today. Can someone throw some light on the key factors?. I mean the ability to filter out noisy alerts, focus on things that matter, tech, brands etc?

Also, on an average, how much does it cost? ( I don't need a monitor). I got a quotation of 54k from a guy. (7 units of 4mp cameras with audio, 8 channel nvr, 2tb hdd, 180 cat 6k cables, d link switch, power supply, installation cost etc). Does this look reasonable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 5674894)
I got a quotation of 54k from a guy. (7 units of 4mp cameras with audio, 8 channel nvr, 2tb hdd, 180 cat 6k cables, d link switch, power supply, installation cost etc). Does this look reasonable?

This looks reasonable (hardware + installation and config charges). You can easily upgrade individual cameras in future. To be sure, you can also have him install just one camera temporarily to check quality etc and then order rest of 6.

Hi guys , I recently purchased 2 Mi Wifi camera's one of which is is the 2k pro model. Found out that Xiaomi cloud service back up is discontinued few months back. Now the videos are not backed up to cloud, they are only in the SD card.

There is also no option in the app to pay for any subscription of cloud service and link to it. The only option mentioned is NAS storage.

Is there any way I can connect it for automatic back up to google drive directly? NAS storage will be too costly for me. Its just for home use and I have totat 3 camera's now. I have searched online and could not find any solution apart from NAS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh (Post 5682077)
Is there any way I can connect it for automatic back up to google drive directly? NAS storage will be too costly for me. Its just for home use and I have totat 3 camera's now.

Can you leave a PC / Laptop running all the time at home ?

If you can, you can share storage from that PC ans NAS. Additionally, you can install google drive on PC to sync that storage to Google drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 5682625)
Can you leave a PC / Laptop running all the time at home ?

If you can, you can share storage from that PC ans NAS. Additionally, you can install google drive on PC to sync that storage to Google drive.

Running a PC or a Laptop is currently not an option.

I have Jio Fiber router. Is there a any other way to directly send the SD card video to online storage from the Mi app itself?