Team-BHP - Query On CCTV Camera And Installation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Query On CCTV Camera And Installation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/96322-query-cctv-camera-installation-15.html)

I have been planning to install CCTV for my house since few days as I park my vehicle outside. I want to avoid all the overheads of wiring, setting up DVR with HDD etc. Are the standalone CCTVs with sd card storage and wifi reliable? I plan to install 2 such cameras and view the recordings via an App on phone. I was thinking of buying Qubo or Mi cameras.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto (Post 5233721)
Hi, I think I do have a NVR because I'm able to access the cameras without being present there, so do you think I should try plugging in an existing external HDD to see if the box is able to recognise and store things in it before going for the aforementioned setup?

Sure you can try it if it works for you. Most likely though you would have a DVR with a network interface. Just recheck whether your cameras are IP cameras connected with Network cables or typical Analog connected cameras with BNC video and 12V dc power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5233840)
Sure you can try it if it works for you. Most likely though you would have a DVR with a network interface. Just recheck whether your cameras are IP cameras connected with Network cables or typical Analog connected cameras with BNC video and 12V dc power.

I remember while wiring them up, they were just regular BNC connectors. But the DVR specification says that Backup through USB is possible. Wouldn't that be sufficient for the docking station? After all I'm just expecting it to show up as a bridged hard disk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeevyes (Post 5233835)
I have been planning to install CCTV for my house since few days as I park my vehicle outside. I want to avoid all the overheads of wiring, setting up DVR with HDD etc. Are the standalone CCTVs with sd card storage and wifi reliable? I plan to install 2 such cameras and view the recordings via an App on phone. I was thinking of buying Qubo or Mi cameras.

Yes these cameras work very well. I have got 2 MI ones and using since last 2 years without glitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkguy (Post 5234049)
Yes these cameras work very well. I have got 2 MI ones and using since last 2 years without glitch.

Thanks for the response. Few more questions.
1.What size SD card have you installed on them?
2.How many days recording can you view?
3. Have you installed them outdoor?

I am planning to install cctv for my house. However I made one mistake which is I forgot to made a provision for cctv cables to DVR in room. Also my room has false ceiling so new holes cannot be made in wall.

Now the option is I could place the DVR in balcony (safe location) where all camera cables routed to DVR. From there I need to take the signal through Wifi in my MI android TV and as well as my mobile.

Is it possible? Any suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeevyes (Post 5234170)
Thanks for the response. Few more questions.
?

1.What size SD card have you installed on them?---128 GB
2.How many days recording can you view? ----Not Sure on this but I can see recording of last 5-6 day for sure
3. Have you installed them outdoor: --2 MI's indoor and and 1 hikvision outdoor

All working perfectly till now

Team,
Need guidance in choosing and setting up CCTV surveillance for my home that is under construction. Here are my requirements
1. Need a reliable setup that is easy to maintain
2. Clear video (and audio) with Good night vision capabilities
3. latest technology so that I don't have to worry about upgrading the setup for at least next 5 years
4. Access video footage from anywhere through mobile

Coverage: I am thinking of 8 outdoor cameras at the ground level (2 at each corner) to cover the ground around the house. One outdoor camera at the terrace. 3 indoor cameras in the balconies that don't have security grill and one indoor camera at the car park. Please let me know if there are any other areas that I need to think of for coverage.

Installation: My electrician is saying he can install the cameras if I can procure them. He doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable (as in he doesn't do CCTV installation regularly but claims he has done in twice so far). Do I need to hire an expert for installation or can I entrust this with the electrician (in other words, if the systems don't require any critical knowledge or skill and easy enough for anyone to do the installation themselves).

Brand: I am not very specific about any brands but as mentioned above I am looking for something that is reliable and easy maintain (repairs or replacements).

Can you please guide me on what I need to purchase (what type of cameras, recorder, cables etc), where to buy from. I am in Chennai. Please suggest any stores if these are better bought offline for service support. Also can you please suggest what might be a nominal installation charge for this setup.

Also can you please suggest a good video door bell. I need one outdoor bell unit that can withstand the weather and people fiddling around and two indoor units.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jammy28 (Post 5275281)
Team,
Need guidance in choosing and setting up CCTV surveillance for my home that is under construction. Here are my requirements

I was recently involved in getting a bunch of cctv cameras for our society and based on that here are my learnings:
1. There are 2 broad types, a simpler one where the camera has a SD card that stores the video right there. This is the simplest setup and is the cheapest (reasonable ones cost about 5k per camera). They also can connect to a wifi network and allow you to download footage from your mobile.

2. The camera is dumb and is connected to a DVR or NVR that actually stored data. This setup is more expensive but usually all professional ones use something like this as they store way more data (such as say 30 days of data for 8 cameras in one single DVR).
This setup also has an advantage that in case the thief steals the camera itself, then the data is not lost.
This setup again can be either with an analog camera (connections via coaxial cables to DVR) or IP camera (connections via network to NVR). IP ones are generally considered better.
You normally can connect several cameras to one DVR. An approximate quote for a 4 camera setup + NVR + a wifi router to expose the data to the outside world may be about 40 to 50k for a reputed brand. Of course, it all depends on the details but I am just giving some pointers so you know what to look for.

Folks, need advice on a decent WiFi CCTV camera for my garage. The dimensions are 14 ft x 10 feet. My flat is 2 floors above the garage.

Requirements are:

- The setup should be wireless.
- Recording should happen / alerts received only when movement is detected.
- Camera should be sensitive to the slightest movement.
- Setup should not require a computer monitor and I should be able to see the details via my mobile.

Although I had contacted our RWA regarding the importance of having CCTV cameras in the entire apartment, they seem to be taking it easy. :Frustrati

Would be great if you can share details of any good brands that meet the above criteria. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider (Post 5350016)
My flat is 2 floors above the garage.

- Camera should be sensitive to the slightest movement.

Look at this model :

https://www.tp-link.com/in/home-netw...a/tapo-c320ws/
  1. 2560x1440 resolution. Should be able to give a good picture from 2 floors
  2. Movement sensitivity will have to be tweaked, since too many alerts are not helpful
  3. Get a "Surveillance and Security Camera Memory Card" SD Card. This should last for 3 years. WD Purple is one such card

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 5350204)
Movement sensitivity will have to be tweaked, since too many alerts are not helpful

Thanks for the info. Is there a setting in the app were the movement sensitivity can be tweaked or does it require some coding? My garage is located at the back side of our apartment where the movement of people is very less. So there shouldn't be many alerts.

Is there anyone here who has experience configuring a Hikvision acusense camera ?
First time I set it up , it worked great. Then I tweaked something and renamed the
camera after that the problem is it is not detecting Human / Automobile and triggering the event configured.

i.e. I have configured it to send an email to a specific id.
Note: The Email config part works fine because it is the same setup that was working before I switched a regular Cam with an Acusense one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider (Post 5354705)
Is there a setting in the app were the movement sensitivity can be tweaked ...where the movement of people is very less. So there shouldn't be many alerts.

Sensitivity can be tweaked in app. You can also define "Zones" to be monitored.

Query On CCTV Camera And Installation-img_1278.jpeg

You can try these settings to find which one works well.

The 'iVMS-4500' android app, which I was using to watch my hikvision cameras installed in front of my house, has started acting cranky. It is NOT recognising the user name, now. I tried with reinstalling the app, also tried with the linked mobile number and all. Are there any workarounds?

Please advise.