Team-BHP - Query On CCTV Camera And Installation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Query On CCTV Camera And Installation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/96322-query-cctv-camera-installation-18.html)

Can someone please suggest which wifi cam is better ?

Ezviz TY1 or Imou Ranger 2.

Is it better to buy 4 MP versus 2 MP ?

Hi Team, need quick help from CCTV/Network experts here.

(I have of late found TeamBHP to be my first go-to place of sorts to ask for guidance from various experts).

I need to install a CCTV security system at a couple of different locations (Locations A and B) and would ideally like to have a wireless system in place.

The plan is to install MI/CPPlus/Qubo wifi security cameras and have them send their feed through to an NVR located either in Location A or B.

My queries are:

1. Whether such a setup is possible? Can I configure these wi-fi cams to send their feeds to an NVR?

2. Should I place the NVR in location A or B? I live in Location B, but will have multiple cameras in both A and B.

3. How can I configure this setup, if it is feasible?

For the record, I would prefer using an NVR rather than the cam apps because it could display the feed continuously and also record based on the storage capacity and not be reliant on SD cards for recording.

Many thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_am_TSG (Post 5522462)
I need to install a CCTV security system at a couple of different locations (Locations A and B) and would ideally like to have a wireless system in place.

The plan is to install MI/CPPlus/Qubo wifi security cameras and have them send their feed through to an NVR located either in Location A or B.

For the record, I would prefer using an NVR rather than the cam apps because it could display the feed continuously and also record based on the storage capacity and not be reliant on SD cards for recording.

It is possible but requires a vpn connection to A from B and also, good upload speed on point A. For the NVR, the best way is to install a software like blueiris which you can run on windows on point B.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atulsian (Post 5522559)
It is possible but requires a vpn connection to A from B and also, good upload speed on point A. For the NVR, the best way is to install a software like blueiris which you can run on windows on point B.

Thanks for your super quick response. Could you please confirm if I can use any standard wifi CCTV such as Colourplus CP-E25A with any NVR? This is the main gap in my knowledge and none of the CCTV system suppliers don't seem to want to answer it.

Also, I am happy to keep one NVR at each location to avoid any complexities if needed.

Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_am_TSG (Post 5522563)
Thanks for your super quick response. Could you please confirm if I can use any standard wifi CCTV such as Colourplus CP-E25A with any NVR? This is the main gap in my knowledge and none of the CCTV system suppliers don't seem to want to answer it.

Also, I am happy to keep one NVR at each location to avoid any complexities if needed.

Thanks again.

Not sure if you can. Instead of a wifi CCTV, i would suggest you to go with CCTV camera which runs on lan to transfer both audio and video. More stable and simple to replace.

Quote:

1. Whether such a setup is possible? Can I configure these wi-fi cams to send their feeds to an NVR?

Yes, there are standard protocols that are supported by quite a few cameras. For example , TP-Link : https://www.tapo.com/us/faq/34/

Quote:

The Tapo camera supports the RTSP protocol, so it can work with third-party NVR or NAS devices that also support the RTSP protocol.
Quote:

How can I configure this setup, if it is feasible

Multiple ways of doing this, essentially; you need to "link" networks in A and B so that NVR can "see" all the camera and can show livestream and/or record it. Ideal way is to setup VPN between both locations.

Quote:

...!

What is not clear is that you have not specified the distance between Location A and Location B.
An RJ45 cable can run up a max distance of 100 meters.

You need just 1 single NVR , the way the connections are done is
NVR ---Single Ethernet Cable --> POE Switcher
POE Switcher ===> Camera ( Multi ) 1 Ethernet cable for each camera.

Decide on the Max cameras
Go for an NVR and a POE switcher that supports these many cameras.

Note: If your need today is only 4 or 8 cameras, better to pick an NVR that is double that 8 or 16 channel.
The POE switcher can always be changed later if you want to increase the number of cameras.

Looking for a security camera for our home. It will be installed in the parking diagonally opposite to the front door (facing the front door). Looking for a model which has WiFi support and can continuously upload to cloud as SD card only storage will not be safe as this will sit outside the house.

Would greatly appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by satnan (Post 5595127)
Looking for a security camera for our home. It will be installed in the parking diagonally opposite to the front door (facing the front door). Looking for a model which has WiFi support and can continuously upload to cloud as SD card only storage will not be safe as this will sit outside the house.

Airtel has a package which includes subscription to cloud storage. It's called Airtel xsafe. Check out their website and get intouch with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satnan (Post 5595127)

Recently brought this and set this up for car park. I am satisfied with this and has been working well for the past couple of weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 5595156)
Airtel has a package which includes subscription to cloud storage. It's called Airtel xsafe. Check out their website and get intouch with them.

Thank you for the feedback. I will explore this option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsudarsan (Post 5595272)
Recently brought this and set this up for car park. I am satisfied with this and has been working well for the past couple of weeks.

Thank you for the feedback. After reading the reviews on amazon, I am unable to clearly understand if it supports continuous video upload to the cloud or only important events? Would appreciate if you can clarify this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satnan (Post 5595797)
Thank you for the feedback. I will explore this option.

Thank you for the feedback. After reading the reviews on amazon, I am unable to clearly understand if it supports continuous video upload to the cloud or only important events? Would appreciate if you can clarify this point.

By default it uploads events to cloud. You should be able to modify the setting in app to do a continuous upload.

Good afternoon. We are looking to install CCTV's in the 5 lifts we have. SD card based local storage was the initial plan but bad actors will have the option of walking away with the cam & card.

Do we have the option of storing in a card/HDD that is perched on the top of the lift cabin instead ? Do advise options please.

Cabling all 5 and connecting them to our DVR in the basement is ruled out as the lift OEM has quoted exorbitant per metre rates for the cable.

We recently installed a CP Plus camera. It keeps announcing itself loudly on power on, on wifi signal off, on software update. Thankfully it doesn't announce power off rl:. I have searched for options to turn audio announcement off but can't find it. It should be just doing its job quietly. Earlier we had a Hikvision camera, which quietly goes about its business. Not buying CP again

Another thing which I do not like about this camera is the ultra wide angle. Image distortion is something I can't stand. With 360 degree rotation and moving object detection, there is no need for such wide angle lens.

Was looking at this Camera from TP Link for Outdoor usage: Link

Seeing the reviews, I am worried about the WiFi Signal distance that this camera can support as it has no external antennas visible. Anyone here with experience with this model please share on how much safe distance from Router this model supports and any issue faced etc.

The benefit this model has over the more expensive 2K Model is that it has Pan/Tilt and 360 view whereas the 2K Model is fixed position and hence less versatile.