Team-BHP - Query On CCTV Camera And Installation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Query On CCTV Camera And Installation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/96322-query-cctv-camera-installation-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4647619)
I realized how wrong I was:Frustrati.

You can buy a camera with sd card storage and in built wifi capability like this (https://www.amazon.in/V380-Fisheye-P...373&sr=8-3)and should be good to go for your requirements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4647619)
I need 2-4 cameras, DVR, HDD and cabling with optional mobile viewing facility / display. And again, these setups are bound to fail in between and it is advisable to have some AMC kind of thing in place.

Also, any idea on those WiFi cameras from MI etc? Are they reliable?

I have installed a few of the Wifi Switches from MI and they conked off within 6 months. These Wifi Cameras are primarily intended for temporary monitoring. Not for serious surveillance. There is one kit mentioned in this thread itself - 4 cameras, NVR and SMPS going for around 10k. That would be VFM setup. You need to pay for the cabling and labor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 4648136)
I have installed a few of the Wifi Switches from MI and they conked off within 6 months. These Wifi Cameras are primarily intended for temporary monitoring. Not for serious surveillance. There is one kit mentioned in this thread itself - 4 cameras, NVR and SMPS going for around 10k. That would be VFM setup. You need to pay for the cabling and labor.

Thank you Prowler.
One more thing, in case I use a 500GB / 1TB HDD (there is no legal requirement to archive home CCTV files), how the storage gets managed? I mean with manual cleaning or some automated process to archive and remove video files of certain age.

Do we really need a desktop/laptop and TV connected always with the system?

Asking all these questions as my parents are not tech savvy and I am not always available at home (I stay in different city).

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4648211)
Thank you Prowler.
One more thing, in case I use a 500GB / 1TB HDD (there is no legal requirement to archive home CCTV files), how the storage gets managed? I mean with manual cleaning or some automated process to archive and remove video files of certain age.

Do we really need a desktop/laptop and TV connected always with the system?

Most of the CCTV DVR/NVR manage the hard drive space by themselves. The earlier recordings will be erased to make way for the subsequent recording.

You don't need to have a monitor connected always. What is the common practice is hook up a LCD monitor and turn on/off as needed when you want to check what is happening around you.
Tip: Buy at least 32 inch monitor for seeing better. Usually the system shows 4 cameras at the same time. So larger estate makes it easy to spot intruders easily for seniors. Switching it to one camera to view it bigger takes fiddling with the controls.

I had suggested to use stick-on note paper on the joints of the doors of cupboard etc for senior citizens. So when the dubious servants leave the premises, just check if the note paper is still there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 4649616)
Most of the CCTV DVR/NVR manage the hard drive space by themselves. The earlier recordings will be erased to make way for the subsequent recording.
Tip: Buy at least 32 inch monitor for seeing better.
I had suggested to use stick-on note paper on the joints of the doors of cupboard etc for senior citizens. So when the dubious servants leave the premises, just check if the note paper is still there.

Thank you again Prowler, information provided by you is really helpful for planning.

I will try to find out if it can get connected to an existing TV with spare HDMI/USB/AV port so that Dad can just switch the view over remote.

Though the original plan is to prevent petty thieves who prowl in night to grab certain things over open windows or steal bulbs etc and mostly to deter anyone planning any adventure, your idea is certainly recommended.

I am contemplating setting up a good anti theft system for my home. I already have CCTV setup done but need to :
1. Have a smart lock setup
2. Video call setup - provision to receive/view & speak remotely(over phone) to any person ringing door bell.
3. Sensors and alarms.

Has anyone done it here? Any pointers/suggestions regarding installation/product/installers in Bangalore?

Hi ,

Looking for CCTV setup for my home. Planning for 5 bullet camera with night vision. Need following inputs.
1. Which brand to go . CP plus or Godrej .
2. Good CCTV installation guys in Bangalore

I've heard there are routers with SIM slots where one can simply insert their 4G SIM and any Security Camera capable of wireless connectivity would be able to connect via it.

It seems like a very quick to install setup, is this feasible?

So there is this mentally imbalanced person (adult) in my apartment, she for some reason takes perverse pleasure in taking stones and keys and scratching cars. While my apartment has security cams in lift lobbies and parks, the car parks don't.

My neighbour's new (then) Creta was badly scratched up and my then Verna had also been scratched up and he put some cam (he spoke with some company he found via Justdial) and this lady was found to be the culprit.

Though when pointed out with evidence the cantankerous husband and wife couple flatly denied doing this and the neighbour didn't want to take it further and the issue died down.

This was a year ago.

Yesterday I found my Seltos and wifey had her Polo keyed. The Seltos has PPF and luckily only a thin strip has been ripped out but the polo is definitely scratched.

Would want to put a security cam to cover over cars (it is parked one behind the other). Amazon / Flipkart though has so much variety that am confused and turning to this forum for advice.

What's the best brand and type of cam to install.

Thanks in advance.

Hikvision is commonly used.

If you have any restrictions or limitations in wiring and the distance from your house and parking is not more than 15m, you can get wifi models which required only the power source. Otherwise you should get a conventional dvr/nvr with HD cameras.

If you are looking for serious surveillance, hikvision would do the job. Also, if you need some basic protection ezviz should do the job. Ezviz uses a micro USB power supply and a microsd card to record the video. It is accessible via network once configured rightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 4770407)
I've heard there are routers with SIM slots where one can simply insert their 4G SIM and any Security Camera capable of wireless connectivity would be able to connect via it.

It seems like a very quick to install setup, is this feasible?

Yes very much so. The routers cost upto 7000 inr. Prices go up and down everyday.

The images are doubling up on my few cameras. Some are clear, others are not. It's been nearly 4 years and 8 months since installation. 9 out of 16 cameras were changed as and when required. But wires have been the same. I've changed connectors also for most of them. The setup is a 16 camera setup of CP Plus with 2 power supplies, 8 cameras linked to each power supply. What could be the reason? I read somewhere that longer distance between power supply and camera leads to voltage drop but when I checked with multimeter, I didn't find any significant drop in voltage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4943311)
The images are doubling up on my few cameras. Some are clear, others are not. It's been nearly 4 years and 8 months since installation. 9 out of 16 cameras were changed as and when required. But wires have been the same. I've changed connectors also for most of them. The setup is a 16 camera setup of CP Plus with 2 power supplies, 8 cameras linked to each power supply. What could be the reason? I read somewhere that longer distance between power supply and camera leads to voltage drop but when I checked with multimeter, I didn't find any significant drop in voltage.

May I know if you have setup the wiring using 3+1/4+1/ Cat6?
Depending upon that, maybe you might want to use a Balun. I hope you know about a Balun.

This might help you. Let me know.
I can try to help you further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4943311)
The images are doubling up on my few cameras. Some are clear, others are not.

In case of ghosting, check the following

1. that the positive and the negative cables in the power supply are trimmed (and ideally tinned on ends) and not touching each other

2. that the coax cable is properly crimped. The shield wire mesh should be twisted, circled around and properly crimped with the outer part, while the copper wire should be short and firmly screwed to the inner part. The shield and signal wire should not touch.