Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 23:24   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
i10
Cost per KM=Rs 8, Running cost per month Rs 20000,
Fuel cost incurred in 5 years= Rs 12 lacs (keeping fuel price same for the sake of calculation)
Depreciation loss(approx) after 5 years = 4 lacs
Total damage= 16 lacs

Verna D AT
Cost per KM=Rs 5, Running cost per month Rs 12500,
Fuel cost incurred in 5 years= Rs 7.5 lacs (keeping fuel price same for the sake of calculation)
Depreciation loss(approx) after 5 years = 6 lacs
Total damage= 13.5 lacs

Please note that my numbers may not be accurate and I have not considered many aspects like insurance and service costs. But even a rough calculation points to Diesel advantage (even with a car which is 1-2 segment higher).
Guns,
This analysis is mind boggling. I am sincerely floored. You have made life simpler for me. Thanks a million.
I will go ahead with my decision of at verna.
Regards
KD
Old 4th April 2013, 01:14   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If they launch the WagonR AT, they can basically write off the A-star AT completely. The WagonR and A-star MT are priced almost the same so the AT will be no different.

To protect killing off the A-star they are not launching the WagonR AT. I think that's silly because the A-star will only work as a second car in the family because of the severe shortage of space. That's why the sales are limited. A person will end up spending a little more and end up buying Brio or i10 since it's a complete package.

This is where the WagonR can effectively kill the i10 and Brio. It's a complete package with spacious rear seats, good boot space and decent FE.
Wagon R with its quirky utilitarian styling will not appeal to the fashionable/image-seeking customer, so I still see a market for the A-star.

Alto K10 A/T would've been the ultimate cheap A/T runabout !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Please note that my numbers may not be accurate and I have not considered many aspects like insurance and service costs. But even a rough calculation points to Diesel advantage (even with a car which is 1-2 segment higher).
What FE numbers have you used for the i-10 & Verna D?

Last edited by Mpower : 8th April 2013 at 18:54.
Old 4th April 2013, 07:58   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdeshmukh View Post
Hi ,
I just went thru all the possible posts on i10auto asta. But none of the bhpians have received more than 10kmpl. A country obsessed with (kit a deti hai?) life will be difficult. I am looking for some advice from gurus on forum.
I drive 100kms a day. 2500kms a month . Including 2 Pune mumbai trips.
Please tell me if it makes sense to go for i10 auto petrol or verna auto ex diesel.
Pl help.
Cheers
I myself have an i10 AT. For long roads where you open up the engine (even within the city), FE has been consistently around teh 12 to 13 mark. But that is only because one is able to run long stretches with fewer signals. The instant you encounter more signals, FE would fall to <10. The only other which has good FE is A*. But then that is too small.

Leaving the AT option out of the argument, the fact that you do 2500km per month itself should warrant a diesel. That should leave I10 AT out is equation because its a petrol. Of the available AT diesel option
cheapest is the Verna.

You should also look at the Brio AT. I am sure that should provide a better FE. Check out ownership log of @sgiitk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wagon R with its quirky utilitarian styling will not appeal to the image seeking customer so I still see a market for the A-star. Alto K10 A/T would've been the ultimate cheap A/T runabout !
Agree on the styling of Wagon R. But A* with its size is really a let down. There has to be a larger sized hatch with that same 1L AT option.

Last edited by ampere : 4th April 2013 at 08:10.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 11:45   #139
BHPian

I10s' fuel usage is very high and thus i call it a petrol guzzler! It gives an average of almost 9-10km/L in a city like Chandigarh, which has good roads and not much traffic congestion. My ford falcon overseas had a 4 liter engine and gave a much better mileage!
Old 8th April 2013, 13:34   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I have taken 9.5 kmpl for i10 and 10.5 for Verna D.
Old 8th April 2013, 15:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

Good Used BMW X1s are available close to 15 lacs. That is a good automatic hatchback for City use. It is not too big nor too small.

In Fact I myself was looking for a good used hatchback/estate and X1 fits the bill perfectly.
Old 8th April 2013, 15:27   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But A* with its size is really a let down.
Actually, I find the size absolute bliss to drive and park in inner-city crawl. I think people should buy A-Star AT if (like me), they travel alone or two-up mostly, as an inner-city crawl car. I really enjoy driving this car in city. It leaves many bigger cars behind, taking advantage of the micro-size. That coupled to 15 kmpl milegae on AT is pure bonus. I will buy another bigger car for highway--diesel + AT, again ( heavy diesel clutch, not my thing ). But A-Star wil stay. I call it 4-wheeled Activa.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 17:07   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Actually, I find the size absolute bliss to drive and park in inner-city crawl. I think people should buy A-Star AT if (like me), they travel alone or two-up mostly, as an inner-city crawl car. I really enjoy driving this car in city. It leaves many bigger cars behind, taking advantage of the micro-size. That coupled to 15 kmpl milegae on AT is pure bonus. I will buy another bigger car for highway--diesel + AT, again ( heavy diesel clutch, not my thing ). But A-Star wil stay. I call it 4-wheeled Activa.
+1 to what you said. Size and space to a certain extent are also manifestations of our own perceptions. For city drive I totally agree to what you say. But occasionally you may have to load more items or ferry people. Thats when it falls flat.

I test drove it myself and was impressed with the engine and also the suspensions. But as I said was not happy with back seat and the boot which were priorities for me.
Old 21st April 2013, 17:22   #144
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support: Post deleted. Your post contained a number of grammatical errors which affects its readability. Please take the time to compose your posts and preview them before submitting. Thanks!

Last edited by noopster : 22nd April 2013 at 12:05.
Old 21st May 2013, 15:16   #145
BHPian

Drove an Hyundai i10 AT yesterday. It was indeed a gem of a car! Very nice and easy to drive and maneuver through the city traffic. The owner was a friend of mine and she was physically disabled. I came to know that there are significant concessions for them if they opt for AT cars. Hyundai has very graciously provided an additional accelerator pedal on the left side (specially for her). So, when I drove the car there was always a tendency to press the left pedal thinking that it was a clutch ! I loved the car overall.
Old 27th May 2013, 17:21   #146
BHPian

After a lot of analysis, i recently bought a pre-owned Santro Xing AT. Its a gem on crowded roads. My Octavia and Santro AT are as different as Chalk and Cheese ! Now i Live to Drive
Old 28th May 2013, 19:56   #147
BHPian

In my opinion, you should try considering the Ritz AT or the Brio AT. They both offer a piece of mind and convenience. The Brio with its longer feature list and safety features is easily the better choice to make!
Old 6th June 2013, 01:25   #148
Senior - BHPian

Long awaited and finally its here.

Micra 1.2 will be launched with a face-lift and optional automatic trans.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:24   #149
BHPian

The best automatic hatch on Indian roads today would easily be the Polo GT TSI. It does come with a very heavy price tag and with a few negatives like DSG reliability, No extended warranty yet and presumed higher maintenance costs than Japanese cars.

My second choice :- The absolute peace of mind car would be the Brio AT which is approx 1.5/2 lakhs cheaper than the Polo and superior to all other suzuki hatchbacks considering only the engine and autobox combination.
Old 10th June 2013, 20:12   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Long awaited and finally its here. Micra 1.2 will be launched with a face-lift and optional automatic trans.
Assume this is 1.2 petrol. If so, why is this long awaited ? When I read long-awaited, I thought we finally got a diesel-AT hatchback which most people here have been waiting for for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981
The absolute peace of mind car would be the Brio AT which is approx 1.5/2 lakhs cheaper than the Polo and superior to all other suzuki hatchbacks considering only the engine and autobox combination.
How did the Ritz-AT and Dzire-AT fare w.r.t the Brio-AT during your comparison ? Both are IMO essentially the same engine and same AT-box, though one is a CS.
We have loads on info here on the forum about the A-Star_AT and i10-AT, but not much user-feedback on the Ritz and Dzire ATs. So info from someone like you who did a comparo would help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks