Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 14:56   #76

Thanks bkm!

Now I need to know what all accessories should I fit in my car. Gear Lock and Remote Central Locking are a must. What else? Could someone point me to a right thread please?

Cheers,
Vishal
Old 4th April 2008, 15:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

4.5 l on road for i10 Magna is kinda rip off IMO ! Swift Vxi with on road price around 4.8 is a way better option. i10 is a good car but Hyundai is pricing it
30-40k higher than what it should have been priced at. Atleast they should have given it a more powerful engine with that price tag .
Old 4th April 2008, 15:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
4.5 l on road for i10 Magna is kinda rip off IMO ! Swift Vxi with on road price around 4.8 is a way better option. i10 is a good car but Hyundai is pricing it
30-40k higher than what it should have been priced at. Atleast they should have given it a more powerful engine with that price tag .
Fully agree! Even Santro is a rip-off!
Old 5th April 2008, 11:26   #79
bkm
BHPian

Hi Chicklets ,To start you can go with mud flaps ,mat ,film and ICE. I have put Pioneer 4050 HU with Illusion 4.1 Electra component (only two front speakers at the stock position).It gives very pleasant music. Use Illusion wire also for connecting speakers
Old 5th April 2008, 14:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Fully agree! Even Santro is a rip-off!
Do you think i10 Era at 4.24 lakhs on-road is okay?
Old 5th April 2008, 18:11   #81
BHPian

Hey Chiclets,
Worthy accesories:

1) Alloys - For looks
2) Tints - For convenience (reduce heat in summer)
3) Mud flaps - if you drive on dirty roads often
4) Basic ICE - BKM has mentioned a good setup.
5) Seat Covers - Liven up interiors, protect original seats & make your car individualistic.

Thats all i think is needed. Will post a link to a accesories thread soon.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:58   #82
BHPian

Almost decided on 'SPARK'

I have almost decided on Spark after TDing so many cars like SWIFT Patrol/Diesel, Palio Stile 1.1, Palio 1.3JTD, U-VA, Spark, i10, Santro, WagonR.
I found Spark is fun to drive and VFM after SWIFT diesel. Spark drives well in city as well as in highways.
I will go for 1.1PS version since I am looking only for Power Steering and AC. On road price in Pune is Rs/- 3.51 Lakhs (Including 10k for 3Yrs GM maintenance scheme).

Dealer is ready to give
- Floor mates
- Mud Flaps
- Sun film

I will ask him to provide Steering cover too.

Could you please tell me what other accessories should I purchase for my car?

Regarding Loans-
- I asked Bank of Baroda for loan and they are providing 11% interest rate for 5 years, 0.5 processing fee and no pre-payment charges. (Per lakh EMI 2176)
- Dealer has tie-up with HDFC and they are giving 10.5% interest rate for 5 years with 2600Rs processing fee.(Per lakh EMI 2131). I am not concerned about pre-payment charges.

I am confused above two. Which loan should I chose.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:50   #83

Thanks Xehaust/bkm. I believe tinted screens come by default in LS version. I will consider all of your suggestions.

Do you suggest I buy all these from dealer or go to other shops? I am not in mood to do research on accessories and want some tried and tested stuff. Something like experts saying

X brand Y series central locking and so on...

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 7th April 2008, 13:01   #84
BHPian

The car dealers charge almost double. Better to buy from accessory shops.

Alloys - If you drive on good roads, just buy any alloys you like which look good on the car. Bad roads, buy branded alloys like Aura or something with a warranty.

Seat Covers - Gsport is a good brand. Their prices are not too high and quality is good.

ICE - Pioneer is my favourite for head units but then it depends on your personal choice. Speakers can be JBL or pioneer itself. For exact details, head on to the ICE section and mention that you want a basic setup.

Mud Flaps (if you want due to driving on dirty roads) i think the dealer will have to put them as i dont have much info on these.
Old 13th April 2008, 22:39   #85
BANNED

Spark any time,

Who on earth designed the i10,

Looks terrible.

Spark runs good.

Take a TD on both and compare,

Its your money afterall.
Old 1st May 2008, 14:24   #86
BHPian

I think it is just based on personal interests.

I went and looked for i10, UVA, Swift and Spark. For some reasons, Spark was not liked by anyone in my Family and knowing Chevy resale value and
the services!!! (In Bangalore at least), it was totally ignored.

I have decided on the i10 for its new looks and the dual tone interior.
I liked the gear position and the way it is attached to the Dash. Maybe 'coz it is like my Civic.

Disappointing things are the rear door build, the head lamp looks.

Am just happy that it has provision for my 2 DIN DVD player.

Could have been 20K less.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:18   #87
BHPian

I was Driving in my i10 last night, with feeling of joy and pride over how good decesion I made. Then I saw a Spark overtake me ( the only car that has made me think if i made the right decesion) and then When i carefully saw the box type design of black spark escape into the night, my feeling of joy and pride even increased. Thankgod I didnt buy that ugly looking car. It looks very kiddish. you know what i mean.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:56   #88
bkm
BHPian

Mr somebodystopme , you can continue to be happy with your purchase of i10 , on some reason or other , but please do not think that all those who are buying spark over i10 are not intelligent enough. Beauty is individual perception. I for one just do not like the shape of i10 . to me spark any day scores very high as very smart car. take other factors like ride quality , engine quality and cost , spark is a winner in eyes of many . GM service also is satisfactory and there has not been any issue so far.
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
Mr somebodystopme , you can continue to be happy with your purchase of i10 , on some reason or other , but please do not think that all those who are buying spark over i10 are not intelligent enough. Beauty is individual perception. I for one just do not like the shape of i10 . to me spark any day scores very high as very smart car. take other factors like ride quality , engine quality and cost , spark is a winner in eyes of many . GM service also is satisfactory and there has not been any issue so far.
Hey come on dude why are you getting so damn serious about my comment. Just chill bro, I agree its matter of individual preference. Its not that i hate spark or anything. Its a nice peppy car. I took test drive of both the cars on several occasions before making my decision. Spark is much more peppy than i10 but on comfort i10 is far better reason being the bucket type front seats, good armrests and space more than spark. Ride quality and Engine quality of both the cars are same (Do your research). The pricing of spark is way ahead but comes with a very dull interior. So I guess it all depends on what you can live with and what you cant live with. I can live without that peppy pickup and those ugly back lights.

And ya in Delhi i10 magna that i got is for 4.20l and even got a cash discount of 5K. That means 4.15l. I think its a decent pricing afterall.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 2nd May 2008 at 15:08.
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:01   #90
bkm
BHPian

Quote:
Hey come on dude why are you getting so damn serious about my comment. Just chill bro, I agree its matter of individual preference. Its not that i hate spark or anything. Its a nice peppy car. I took test drive of both the cars on several occasions before making my decision. Spark is much more peppy than i10 but on comfort i10 is far better reason being the bucket type front seats, good armrests and space more than spark. Ride quality and Engine quality of both the cars are same (Do your research). The pricing of spark is way ahead but comes with a very dull interior. So I guess it all depends on what you can live with and what you cant live with. I can live without that peppy pickup and those ugly back lights.
Please read review in autocar india ,both of i10 and spark. spark performance has been found better. with the discounted price spark is cheaper by 40k-50k.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks