Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 12:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
You will come to know that Spark wins over A-star in-term of sheer pricing.
Earlier U-VA, now spark.

General Motors Zindabad.
Old 21st December 2008, 12:56   #32
BHPian

Hey guys, give Mr. ignoramus a break, how many of us are willing to make others laugh at our own expense. How many of us have the guts to display our ignorance of all things automotive on a public forum with such zest.

ritz, do you have similar insights into quantum mechanics, world economy, nano technology, food shortage etc, you seem to be an erudite when it comes to automobiles, so I was wondering....
Old 21st December 2008, 13:13   #33
BANNED

Thats why I suggest NHC. Apart from the points you have mentioned, NHC
  • Doesn't breakdown and leave you stranded
  • Gives better mileage than any other car you have mentioned.
  • Has boot
  • More interior space
Quote:
A car is supposed to commute a person from pt A to B with comfort, safety and luxury. Gets/U-VA/Palio are unique kind of small cars which offer ultimate comfort to the driver(not even Swift), and makes the city driving look like a cruise, a magic carpet ride.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:15   #34
BHPian

Ok, Don't bother about me. I am long attached with Maruti. I know what it offers and its limitation. The sparky offers bad comfort like its very small HB cousins. But the sparky rides good even in highways.

Just as a well wisher. As the topic says, do consider U-VA/Gets/Palio or any such unique cars. Don't blindly go after torque and sacrifice on comfort & many more facts. There is more to a car than the engine.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
ritz, i noticed you have two maruti 800s. for that price, you could have gone for a UVA. (UVA for 4.2L, you should be crazy not to consider this, remember?).
if you had bought the 800s long back, do you feel the 800 is not good for city? are you planning to upgrade to an UVA from the 800?

Rather than going for the 800 again. I will opt for the modern clone of 800 i.e the A-star
Old 21st December 2008, 13:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

'dont bother about me'?? after such an elongated discussion, you are yourself willing to forget all the parameters you described when it comes to your own vehicle, so why expect anything from others? what made you buy an 800?
why the A-star? why not the getz which is a better highway car or has more comfort? better still, why not the honda city?

secondly, who will decide on who is sacrificing what buddy?
for you a wagonR driver maybe sacrificing on comfort or dynamics but for him, it must be the most practical decision made by him! i mean, nobody except me can decide whats good for me and whether or not i am sacrificing anything.

whats your opinion?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st December 2008 at 13:25.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Oh Cripes!!!!!!! I have been fooled!
What shall I do now, O learned one?
I promise to give up my ego, and become a better person.
No More "zip" drive for me.
Shall I go and buy a Magic carpet with no low end torque, less mileage, large turning circle, poor visibility and mediocre after sales support?
, You are forgiven. But drive responsibly next time. Especially when you try to overtake that U-VA in the city.

Last edited by ritz830 : 21st December 2008 at 13:35.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
...........dont 800?
why the A-star? why not the getz which is a better highway car or has more comfort? better still, why not the honda city?
NO NO 800 for me again. I own 2 cars which are old enough that they should be replaced. One owned by my dad and another when I was doing college.

Honda City is a wonderful car but its expensive. But Gets/Palio/U-va/A-star offer a similar kind of comfort at a lesser price. I am talking about Driver comfort here.

Quote:
secondly, who will decide on who is sacrificing what buddy?
for you a wagonR driver maybe sacrificing on comfort or dynamics but for him, it must be the most practical decision made by him! i mean, nobody except me can decide whats good for me and whether or not i am sacrificing anything.
whats your opinion?
Speaking about practicality. I find no practicality in WagonR, but just it falls within ones Budget. But now that we got many better cars in budget, its good for everyone

Last edited by ritz830 : 21st December 2008 at 13:32.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:40   #39
BANNED

Similar comfort to NHC - sure everyone reading will have a laugh

If a 2L budget guy (M800) can double his budget and go for 4.2L car (U-VA), why not a 4L budget guy (U-VA) double his budget and go for 8L car (Honda City)?
Quote:
Honda City is a wonderful car but its expensive. But Gets/Palio/U-va/A-star offer a similar kind of comfort at a lesser price. I am talking about Driver comfort here.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Similar comfort to NHC - sure everyone reading will have a laugh

If a 2L budget guy (M800) can double his budget and go for 4.2L car (U-VA), why not a 4L budget guy (U-VA) double his budget and go for 8L car (Honda City)?
Hope you have test driven both the NHC and U-VA? And its driver comfort I am talking about.
Old 21st December 2008, 14:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830
You will come to know that Spark wins over A-star in-term of sheer pricing. And my present thread is focused on future cars and their ability to provide a cruise ride.
Hello, in your advice to new car buyers on this thread, your point was not about price. Your whole point was how newbies make a mistake by buying toys like the Spark/WagonR etc without bothering to make an informed buying decision. And then you yourself go ahead and buy a Spark. So, is your advice only for others and not something you yourself will heed ?

Quote:
Speaking about practicality. I find no practicality in WagonR, but just it falls within ones Budget.
Ok, so the thousands of people who bought the WagonR must be real stupid, eh ?

Please don't assume that you are the only intelligent guy around and everyone else buying a car in India lacks grey matter. Most people do lots of homework before handing over their hard-earned cash to the dealer.

No one is saying that the Palio or the U-VA are bad cars - just that, like any other car, they have their +ves and -ves and there will be people who would either like it or hate it, which will decide their purchase decision.
Old 21st December 2008, 14:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hello, in your advice to new car buyers on this thread, your point was not about price. Your whole point was how newbies make a mistake by buying toys like the Spark/WagonR etc without bothering to make an informed buying decision. And then you yourself go ahead and buy a Spark. So, is your advice only for others and not something you yourself will heed ?

Ok, so the thousands of people who bought the WagonR must be real stupid, eh ?

Please don't assume that you are the only intelligent guy around and everyone else buying a car in India lacks grey matter. Most people do lots of homework before handing over their hard-earned cash to the dealer.

No one is saying that the Palio or the U-VA are bad cars - just that, like any other car, they have their +ves and -ves and there will be people who would either like it or hate it, which will decide their purchase decision.
I dint say anything about intelligence. Stop speaking always with a tone which no one will welcome.

I am talking about future car buyers and how they might be misled into buying toys while missing the actual cars which give the cruise feel. Also I just asked them to consider these cars and highlighting the positive points which always get damped by people like you.

I bet you will do this pulling down the others very effectively in many threads to come. But you will never make any positive effect on anything

Close this thread, I dont care. No thread will be in a good state when Supreme baleno is around.

Last edited by ritz830 : 21st December 2008 at 14:19.
Old 21st December 2008, 14:39   #43
BHPian

Mr. Ritz, I'm evaluating an Audi A8, 7 series and S class - could you please provide your suggestions on these? Are these real cars?

By the way, please share your thoughts on curing cancer, finding alien civilization, and achieving world peace. Thanks!
Old 21st December 2008, 14:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I just asked you why you would buy what you yourself don't recommend. Don't see what there is to be offended about that.

Don't you see the irony in the whole thing ? If I were to go around telling everyone how nice a deal the U-VA is at 4.2L and that it would be crazy to not go for it and then go buy myself a Spark (which I have been lampooning), won't I cut a sorry figure ?

Quote:
do consider U-VA/Gets/Palio or any such unique cars.
If your thread was about bringing to the notice of car-buyers some underrated but good cars, it is surely admirable and of help to those looking at a car in the hatch market. The problem was that in pointing out the +ves of these cars, you started rubbishing the other cars which have their own merits.

Anyway, you continue. I am out of here.
Old 21st December 2008, 14:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Close this thread, I dont care. No thread will be in a good state when Supreme baleno is around.
Oh No! Mods, please don't close this thread, lets not deprive ourselves of these pearls of wisdom. Plus this is pure entertainment.

BTW ritz830, how come you have the freedom of speech here but not supremebaleno?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks