Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 10:53   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Guys. Please dont get offended. This is just a platform to post our queries and shout at each other.
You know I stopped getting offended by the time I finished your post.
If I have learnt one thing from my 34 years of driving, its that every car is the driver's delight. I have derived as much pleasure from my Dad's Fiat 1100D when i first took the wheel at 16 years of age, as I take in my Baleno now that I'm 50.
Another thing I learnt is humility and respect for opinions - many of the things I believe are right maybe considered wrong by another.
Cheers, and Merry Christmas to all the forum-ites.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:55   #122
BHPian

oh now. come on ritz. don't be running away. be a sport. i am sure you can come up with some more bogus stuff to decalre. now now, i beleive in you. you have taken an oath to keep us entertained for the rest of the month atleast, bringing in a merry Christmas and a Happy New year for sure. now, you have to fulfill your commitments here Santa!
Old 24th December 2008, 11:00   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
please dont take anything to heart ritz, my humble request.

i feel if the 110 bhp CRDi engine from verna can be plonked into the Getz CRDi, then why not in the i10, maybe a compact version?
Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 vs Hyundai Getz Prime 1.5 GVS CRDi vs Hyundai Verna VGT CRDi SX | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

Have a look at 1)turning radius 2) height of car 3)torque@rpm 4)weight of car

i10 has a tight turning radius, has high centre of gravity.

If a verna engine is plonked in i10, then i10 will not be able to handle the low end torque.

- The driver will be thrown off his seats several times due to the high H-position
- the car will be very unstable while turning
- the [small tires/light weight design] will not have the surface area to grip the road to transmit the power

Last edited by ritz830 : 24th December 2008 at 11:05.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

but why should engineers at hyundai do this?
they will offer a smaller engine or a detuned version, mabe 80 bhp or so.
i am sure they will stiffen the suspension and do the necessary modifications.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:08   #125
BHPian

Quote:
but why should engineers at hyundai do this?
they will offer a smaller engine or a detuned version, mabe 80 bhp or so.
i am sure they will stiffen the suspension and do the necessary modifications.
Suspension?. thats the final part. By the time Hyundai makes all the changes, i10 will look like getz

Last edited by ritz830 : 24th December 2008 at 11:10.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

its but obvious dude!
do you think hyundai engineers will do a copy-paste job (copy the engine from verna and paste it in the i10) and sell it as it is?
Old 24th December 2008, 11:13   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
You know I stopped getting offended by the time I finished your post.
If I have learnt one thing from my 34 years of driving, its that every car is the driver's delight. I have derived as much pleasure from my Dad's Fiat 1100D when i first took the wheel at 16 years of age, as I take in my Baleno now that I'm 50.
Another thing I learnt is humility and respect for opinions - many of the things I believe are right maybe considered wrong by another.
Cheers, and Merry Christmas to all the forum-ites.
That is such a beautiful attitude to have.
May the peace of God be with you all and may you always be loved.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:20   #128
BHPian

Quote:
its but obvious dude!
do you think hyundai engineers will do a copy-paste job (copy the engine from verna and paste it in the i10) and sell it as it is?
Of course dude. Why do we have to pay for i10 which has lots of profit margin in it while we get a better car like getz at the same rate.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

dude, compare the i10 diesel (if its launched) with the getz diesel, not the i10 D with getz P.
the getz D costs 6.5 lakhs on-road. the i10 D will obviously be cheaper.

and how are you aware about the profit margins?
Old 24th December 2008, 11:25   #130
BHPian

Quote:
dude, compare the i10 diesel (if its launched) with the getz diesel, not the i10 D with getz P.
the getz D costs 6.5 lakhs on-road. the i10 D will obviously be cheaper.

and how are you aware about the profit margins?
getz base model costs 4.4 lakhs and i10 petrol with power steering costs the same.This is the price which the dealers in chennai offer after all new year discounts.

Its a v.good deal.

Last edited by ritz830 : 24th December 2008 at 11:28.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

dude, why did you bring in the getz base model into picture? its a petrol. we are comparing the i10 D and getz D right?

and does the i10 come without PS too?
Old 24th December 2008, 11:32   #132
BHPian

OMG! i think i realized whats happening. Our boy Santa here is really bored at work/home. He's been sitting and reading a lot of hokus pokus reviews here and there. Studying specs and dimensions. and making his conclusions based on that. It would be nice to try and drive these cars first and get a feel for it and then deem them dangerous or unstable or unsafe or anything of that sort. What any car does is not solely on its capabilities but like Jayd says the nut connecting the steering wheel and the accelerator must also be able to handle a car without going beyond its limits. but i feel that you just wont let the sound of reason to get around to you. so if thats how its going to be, good for you sir! Take care and have a nice day
Old 24th December 2008, 11:33   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i10 has a tight turning radius, has high centre of gravity.

If a verna engine is plonked in i10, then i10 will not be able to handle the low end torque.

- The driver will be thrown off his seats several times due to the high H-position
- the car will be very unstable while turning
- the [small tires/light weight design] will not have the surface area to grip the road to transmit the power
Wow I am enlightened, didnt know turning radius & centre of gravity were related to low end torque.

Thanks Ritz

Quote:
Why do we have to pay for i10 which has lots of profit margin in it while we get a better car like getz at the same rate.
A very valid question & I wonder why too? Could you elaborate why people would be doing this?
Old 24th December 2008, 11:37   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
OMG! i think i realized whats happening. Our boy Santa here is really bored at work/home. He's been sitting and reading a lot of hokus pokus reviews here and there. Studying specs and dimensions. and making his conclusions based on that. It would be nice to try and drive these cars first and get a feel for it and then deem them dangerous or unstable or unsafe or anything of that sort. What any car does is not solely on its capabilities but like Jayd says the nut connecting the steering wheel and the accelerator must also be able to handle a car without going beyond its limits. but i feel that you just wont let the sound of reason to get around to you. so if thats how its going to be, good for you sir! Take care and have a nice day
This is the reason why I meant that its a waste of time discussing VFM of cars. i.e Getting as Getz is much better than an i10.

Dude. seriously you should be one character to speak about others when you know nothing. But who cares seriously.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:41   #135
BHPian

so he's psychic as well. he seems to know and declares yet again that i know nothing. well i wasn't aware of that myself. so what else can you say about me? i think there should be an astrology thread started for our boy Santa here, he seems to know everything about everyone. This would be an enlightening experience for all, especially with the new year coming around. please do tell us oh wise one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks