Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:01   #106
BHPian

Guys. Please dont get offended. This is just a platform to post our queries and shout at each other.

Last edited by ritz830 : 23rd December 2008 at 23:04.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:12   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
i10 crdi ??? Dude i10 wont be able to handle that engine.
What makes you think it won't? You think one of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world is going to plonk an engine in a car that cannot handle that engine? Do you have the specifications of the i10 chassis and it's tensile strength to make that comment? You think their engineers are really that stupid?
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:13   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Consider Getz/U-VA/Palio stile. Ask any owner or experienced driver. He will say that these cars are perfectly engineered cars taking care in all aspects of comfort, stability, power and safety. Basically, these are called Cars.
Damn my 20 year driving experience, I realize I have been royally cheated by Hyundai and I have wool on my eyes even after 9 years.

I have a 9 year old Santro and it was sold to me in the name of a car. I pulled out the original brochure and the manual they gave me after reading this thread and they deceptively called it a car. All these 9 years, I have been driving unaware of the reality, making a thorough fool of myself each and every day. Not during one service did the service station leak the fact to me it was not a car.

This is deception of the most inhuman kind, playing with the trust I had reposed in the company. I want to teach Hyundai a lesson now and want to drag them to court for unfair trade practices and deceptive advertising.

ritz, is there some succour you can provide - any legal help? - can I go to Consumer Forum?
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:18   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
What makes you think it won't? You think one of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world is going to plonk an engine in a car that cannot handle that engine? Do you have the specifications of the i10 chassis and it's tensile strength to make that comment? You think their engineers are really that stupid?
First imagine i10 with 15 inch wheels and wide tires. Does it feel good to you?

If you are talking about a low powered crdi, then yea its gonna be possible. But if its the verna engine. Thats doubtful
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:20   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Damn my 20 year driving experience, I realize I have been royally cheated by Hyundai and I have wool on my eyes even after 9 years.
ritz, is there some succour you can provide - any legal help? - can I go to Consumer Forum?
No, just go to Fiat/Honda and ask for advice about cure for santro.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I am currently driving a Accent CRDi ...

As soon as it releases, I am switching to i10 CRDi ....

Oh my God! I am going to become a newbie driver again!!!
I drive an indica turbo, will probably buy a nano crdi the day its launched
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:48   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Trust me or not. If you are a newbie, Your second car will not be one of these toy cars. Especially, when you are not buying a car having in mind that your kid(or another newbie) will also be driving it, or you use the car for >5km trip.
Both my second and fifth car are toy cars and I love them as much as other CARs just because of the "feeling of easiness" they offer.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:59   #113
BHPian

Quote:

If you are talking about a low powered crdi, then yea its gonna be possible. But if its the verna engine. Thats doubtful
First of all, car manufacturing is not a function of what feels good to me and you. It's a long drawn scientific/engineering process carried out by scores of highly skilled engineers over many years.

Secondly it's you who is imagining that the verna engine will be plonked into an i10, no one else here has suggested that. The i10 will surely have a smaller crdi engine.

Lastly, have you heard of e-zens? If a car that was designed 15-20 years ago can handle 68-85 bhp, why can't a modern car that has been designed for global markets handle 110 bhp? Just because it doesn't feel right to you?

Are you really here to discuss things or just to shock people with these sweeping statements?
Old 24th December 2008, 00:06   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Dude now what?

i10 can't have,
* 15 inch wheels (Or did you mean that it will look ridiculous with 15 in wheels?)
* Wide tyres
* Verna's 1.5L CRDi VGT Engine with 110ps

Seriously, please enlighten us on the i10 Chassis limits.

Or may be it's simple physics? Tall boy car with high powered crdi = car toppling over high speed curves
Old 24th December 2008, 01:27   #115
BANNED

A gem of a thread!
How the heck did I miss this?

Before I type anything more let me...

Hold on! I've just finished the 1st page!

Oh! REAL CARS! My god!

Now, Toyota Aygo will be called what?
Real?
Unreal??
Surreal???

(lucky our forum has a smilie limiting rule).

Last edited by speedzak : 24th December 2008 at 01:32. Reason: Added some more ...
Old 24th December 2008, 01:42   #116
Senior - BHPian

I was told by the showroom guy that Skoda Octavia vRs is the CAR which does the fastest 0-100 and is sold in the country under 25 lakh.

I feel cheated that he said it was a car.
What can i do
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
A gem of a thread!
How the heck did I miss this?

Before I type anything more let me...

Hold on! I've just finished the 1st page!

Oh! REAL CARS! My god!

Now, Toyota Aygo will be called what?
Real?
Unreal??
Surreal???

(lucky our forum has a smilie limiting rule).

Sur-real. Is it some new real-horlicks. By the way, none of your cars qualify for CARS
Old 24th December 2008, 07:43   #117
BHPian

Friends,
First of all i would like to say a huge thank you to the Thread starter!
He has opened my eyes!for the past 4 years i have been driving a 99-model santro,i learned driving in my own Santro and i got license from the RTO by driving the same. It has been my love right from the day i first shifted gear in it. I thought it was a car and i learned driving in it, RTO thought it was a car and gave me a license. Finally my love has cheated me. It is just a TOY and not a CAR. U-VA is the CAR, GETZ is the car, PALIO is the CAR. SPARK is a SUPER CAR! My poor Santro TOY could only reach 155KMPH, Could only give 20 kmpl in highway, could only make me spend a total of Rs.5000 for maintanence cost for the entire 4 years of ownership and my TOY could only permit people in my family(4 of them) inside..... Unlike the car U-VA which can permit a huge King kong gorilla inside the car as per the advertisement they put up! Ritz.... thanks for not telling anything about Ford Fusion because thats my next upgrade as i am getting married soon and there will be an additional memeber in my family and i was wanting a car..oops sorry...Toy...which could carry people in my family comfortably!!!! But Seriously one thing i want to tell... Though it a TOY my santro is the best buddy i ever had in my life!of course i got some issues with my santro recently (Fuel pump problem) but thanks to Team-BHP members for helping me out in resolving the issue very easily...
Old 24th December 2008, 09:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I was told by the showroom guy that Skoda Octavia vRs is the CAR which does the fastest 0-100 and is sold in the country under 25 lakh.

I feel cheated that he said it was a car.
What can i do

Sur-real. Is it some new real-horlicks. By the way, none of your cars qualify for CARS

This is Hatchback forum. Dont compare cars which are out of segment.

Basically you guys are determined to invalidate the smallest reason which could be true.

Have a nice day. END of thread support.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:25   #119
BANNED

How come nobody mentioned Fiat 500? Is it car? It costs more than a car. It costs bomb.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:37   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

please dont take anything to heart ritz, my humble request.

i feel if the 110 bhp CRDi engine from verna can be plonked into the Getz CRDi, then why not in the i10, maybe a compact version?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks