Old 6th April 2009, 12:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Arre bhai, pics please. Race got over early on Sunday
Old 6th April 2009, 12:22   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Arre bhai, pics please. Race got over early on Sunday
sorry ya. no time in the daytime. i should have got the car yesterday then you could have clicked pics yourself. will pakka try in a couple of days.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:06   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

DAMN!!!!
After the initial full tank on my i10 AT kappa after buying it, i just did another full tank at 137 kms (in one week). Guess how much petrol went in? 23 liters!!!
That's 5.95 average. Both times fuel was filled at same pump and stopped at first automatic click of the nozzle. I was standing and watching the filling process both times. So no chance of cheating.
I did rip the car around a bit. But how much can you rip an AT i10? And the average shouldn't get so low. My tyres are upgraded to 185/60/14. Tyre pressure is 28 (recommended by the tyre guy) and the i10 manual says to maintain 32. Even that shouldn't make so much of a difference IMO.
What could be happening?

@mods, i have also posted this in another thread below to get other members' opinion. Please delete if considered spam.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...fficiency.html
Old 7th April 2009, 08:55   #79
BHPian

Hi Tejas,
I'm getting my Magna A/T on Thursday (delayed because of all these bank holidays). I had consulted tyre guru iraghava too and he suggested either 175/70 R13 or 185/60 R14, but he was not too keen on 185/60 R14. Since i have an Accent Viva and i plan to sell it soon, i wanted to swap the same 5.0J X R14 alloys of the Viva into the i10. I just want to know from you since you have driven more than 100kms if there is any scraping issue, sidewall touching with 185/60 R14?

Thanks,
Anil
Old 7th April 2009, 10:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
DAMN!!!!
That's 5.95 average. What could be happening?
Tejas, 5.95 F.E. man it looks like the mileage from a premium car like Mercedes. . Have it immediately checked at the service center. It must return you atleast a 10 even if you rip it hard.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:34   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hi Tejas,
I'm getting my Magna A/T on Thursday (delayed because of all these bank holidays). I had consulted tyre guru iraghava too and he suggested either 175/70 R13 or 185/60 R14, but he was not too keen on 185/60 R14. Since i have an Accent Viva and i plan to sell it soon, i wanted to swap the same 5.0J X R14 alloys of the Viva into the i10. I just want to know from you since you have driven more than 100kms if there is any scraping issue, sidewall touching with 185/60 R14?
No touching or scraping at all. No issue of steering getting heavy either. The stability of the car increases a lot and driving confidence is also much more. Keep me posted on fuel efficiency of your car.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
No touching or scraping at all. No issue of steering getting heavy either. The stability of the car increases a lot and driving confidence is also much more. Keep me posted on fuel efficiency of your car.
Will keep you posted tejas. This dealer has really p*ssed me off. He took the balance cheque (50k booking amount was given on 20th March or 21st) from me last monday 30th March, Said i'll deliver on Friday 3rd (Ram Navmi - Auspicious day). Today is tuesday 7th, then he's giving me loads of excuses sir Wed 1st April & Friday 3rd Bank was closed again today so cheque clearing got delayed. I told him first of all, it is your duty to keep track of bank holidays, if you had asked i would have given you pay order. Really poor service from A1. Anyways i will get the tyre upgrade done immediately. Thanks.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:57   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DAMN!!!!
After the initial full tank on my i10 AT kappa after buying it, i just did another full tank at 137 kms (in one week). Guess how much petrol went in? 23 liters!!!
That's 5.95 average.
5.95 kmpl ??!?!?

Dude are you driving an i10 or a V10
Old 9th April 2009, 16:44   #84
BHPian

Update

Because of so many holidays this week, tommorow good friday, sat sun closed, next tuesday baisakhi, i will get my car next friday, 17th. Frustrated with the dealer A1 Hyundai. he took full amount cheque from me on 30th March. All i can do now is twiddle my thumbs, be on his mercy. More than anything i am disappointed with the lack of communication from their side.
Old 9th April 2009, 16:56   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Because of so many holidays this week, tommorow good friday, sat sun closed, next tuesday baisakhi, i will get my car next friday, 17th. Frustrated with the dealer A1 Hyundai. he took full amount cheque from me on 30th March. All i can do now is twiddle my thumbs, be on his mercy. More than anything i am disappointed with the lack of communication from their side.
That is very disappointing. I insisted on a delivery date and they kept to it. Jaybharat hyundai gave me delivery in ten days flat without any hiccups. Ask them for compensation in kind (accessories)
Old 9th April 2009, 17:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
That is very disappointing. I insisted on a delivery date and they kept to it. Jaybharat hyundai gave me delivery in ten days flat without any hiccups. Ask them for compensation in kind (accessories)
That i'll get the car next friday will be a big achievement by itself. Really pathetic sales staff. Before the cheque he was wagging his tail in front of me, now the guy doesn't have to gall to even pick up the phone. Gave me invoice copy as i wanted Invoicing in March. the Engine number and VIN is mentioned. Can i get the year/date of manufacture from it?
Old 9th April 2009, 17:44   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That i'll get the car next friday will be a big achievement by itself. Really pathetic sales staff. Before the cheque he was wagging his tail in front of me, now the guy doesn't have to gall to even pick up the phone. Gave me invoice copy as i wanted Invoicing in March. the Engine number and VIN is mentioned. Can i get the year/date of manufacture from it?
Yes you can. Infact when i confirmed booking of the car and paid only a down payment of 5000, they immediately called up chennai to confirm the car. They also gave me the chassis no, engine, no, etc since i was doing insurance through my agent. I paid full money 4 days before delivery. No issues with them. I got a call from them asking if i am satisfied with the car after a week as well.
Old 9th April 2009, 17:54   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can. Infact when i confirmed booking of the car and paid only a down payment of 5000, they immediately called up chennai to confirm the car. They also gave me the chassis no, engine, no, etc since i was doing insurance through my agent. I paid full money 4 days before delivery. No issues with them. I got a call from them asking if i am satisfied with the car after a week as well.
just my bad luck... checked the vin number and googles the info to find about year of mfg which mentions 2009. All i can do is wait.
Old 11th April 2009, 13:57   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the delay. I have finally started a thread on ownership review with pics. Will update that thread slowly...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...of-review.html

@Mods. I know i have posted this in a couple more i10 threads. But everyone was asking for pics and reviews in each thread, thus had to cross post in multiple threads. Please delete if considered spam.
Old 12th October 2011, 14:58   #90
BHPian

Re: All i10 & i20 owners, I need feedback EDIT - Booked i10 AT Asta

Here's a question on my friend's behalf.

He gave his car up for servicing at Adhvait service centre. Car has done 20k. He wants to go for magnetic engine oil, but the service doesn't recommend it. What do you guys think?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks