Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 14:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Dude you are again going to Santro when many of BHPians have suggested i10. Any perticular thoughts on this or favourite on this
Old 1st December 2009, 14:51   #17
BHPian

Thanks V drive. Like the majority of the fellow bhpians you suggested i10. Actually music system is not at all a requirement for my parents. (however I feel its no point in taking a car with no music system or power windows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dude you are again going to Santro when many of BHPians have suggested i10. Any particular reasons on this or favourite on this(just my opinion)
No favourite as per the Test Drives section on Team Bhp I found the below things apart from good interiors and roomy head space.
  • One of the best urban hatchbacks in the country.
  • Due to the narrow design, it can seat only 4 in comfort.
  • Engine is very silent and refined at urban speeds.
  • Cabin is well-insulated from external sounds.
  • Foot pedals are weirdly placed and take some getting used to. Dead pedal boosts comfort.
  • Huge rear view mirrors offer fantastic visibility.
  • Authorised CNG kit available.
  • Very light and easy to drive; a hit with the women.
Plus my Uncle owns a Santro from say 4-5 years and not heard any major complain yet.

I am not yet inclined on anything. I plan to shortlist a few, aske my parents and wife to test drive all of them coz they are the users. And then chose one.
But want some strong reasons for the shortlisted cars so test drives and selection can be focused and decisive.

To add to this. I am not sure on the cost factor. I need to go and check the actual on road price for an i10 after all elligible discounts.

Last edited by bblost : 1st December 2009 at 15:38. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:08   #18
BHPian

You sure you dont want to wait for a Polo? I would.. anyday!
Old 1st December 2009, 15:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude you are again going to Santro when many of BHPians have suggested i10.
+1

Santro is dated, don't know when Hyundai would stop its production.
Better to go for i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
You sure you dont want to wait for a Polo? I would.. anyday!
Polo for 4 lacs?

Last edited by finneyp : 1st December 2009 at 15:16.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:20   #20
BHPian

I was actually very much okay with a Nano too but 2 factors make me not think about it.
1. Unsure when I would get one delivered
2. It sounds like a rickshaw
Old 1st December 2009, 15:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I was actually very much okay with a Nano too but 2 factors make me not think about it.
1. Unsure when I would get one delivered
2. It sounds like a rickshaw
just have a look at this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-report.html
Old 1st December 2009, 15:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shishir. I will definetly read this. I am not against i10. I just dont like shahrukh I hope this does not start a war in here.

I am just neautral at the moment and not inclined to santro more than i10. its just that i have not ruled out santro. please dont get mad at me. i10 is being assessed too. From the comments I see i10 preferred to santro.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:05   #23
BHPian

Since no one has yet mentioned let me suggest the AT box here.

Your parents and wifey will bless you everytime they drive the AT box in the city. It cant get any more convenient.

I would say take off the music system from your preferences and add the auto box in there and have a test drive of the i10 AT magna version.
It might stretch your budget a little bit but well worth the extra money IMO.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:15   #24
BHPian

i10 Kappa Magna fits your requirement perfectly. It might go beyond your budget by 10k or so, but it is really worth it. You will get all the standard features (including power windows for all the doors) in Magna version. The car is very well built and is sturdy.

As Shishir mentioned, please please go through svaid's thread on his i10 kappa .
Old 1st December 2009, 16:34   #25
BHPian

Why not Fiat Punto 1.2 Petrol

Just seeing no body suggested you Punto 1.2 , I suggest it is worth a look
Old 1st December 2009, 16:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Since no one has yet mentioned let me suggest the AT box here.

Your parents and wifey will bless you everytime they drive the AT box in the city. It cant get any more convenient.

I would say take off the music system from your preferences and add the auto box in there and have a test drive of the i10 AT magna version.
It might stretch your budget a little bit but well worth the extra money IMO.
Whats the AT box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
i10 Kappa Magna fits your requirement perfectly. It might go beyond your budget by 10k or so, but it is really worth it. You will get all the standard features (including power windows for all the doors) in Magna version. The car is very well built and is sturdy.

As Shishir mentioned, please please go through svaid's thread on his i10 kappa .
I will surely read this thread before i go for the test drives.

SamtheLeo - I never even thought Punto would fit into my budget.
The hatchback segment seems to be crowded with too many elligible products

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 1st December 2009 at 17:04. Reason: See note in post.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Thanks Shishir. I will definetly read this. I am not against i10. I just dont like shahrukh I hope this does not start a war in here.

I am just neautral at the moment and not inclined to santro more than i10. its just that i have not ruled out santro. please dont get mad at me. i10 is being assessed too. From the comments I see i10 preferred to santro.
Shahrukh was also the brand ambassador of Santro. So i am confused with your thinking. Be warned, your parents will NOT like the bouncy ride and poor legroom at the rear in the Santro.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:49   #28
BHPian

3.99 is what Punto 1.2 add quotes & till now i belive people can be rated as satisfied with the products.

PS : Source : New car thread from TBHP.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Shahrukh was also the brand ambassador of Santro. So i am confused with your thinking. Be warned, your parents will NOT like the bouncy ride and poor legroom at the rear in the Santro.
Correct. I have travelled in Santro's rear seat and its not a good place to be in. And during rains, Vadodaras' roads are potholes and nothing else. I eventually ended up in driver's seat as usual.

@Rastapopoulos :
Have another look at Wagon R. Its got all you need. Its got a high seating position, good space and the bottom end of the motor is also good. Ride quality is not the best, but better than Santro. Boot space is also more usable. The boxy looks pack in a lot of functional features.

If you dont like Wagon R, go for i10.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:19   #30
BHPian

Can go for VW Polo, not sure how much it will cost on road. Santro, Wagon R, Alto are popular and old models. i10 is an option. I would go for Polo!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks