Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 15:30   #121
Mik
BHPian

Re: Can we trust Maruti True Value Dealers ?

I have had experiences with 4 true value outlets in Gurgaon and have come to the conclusion that like any other used car dealer, you need to be cautious and never trust them blindly.

My experiences

Apra Auto: Huge inventory. They will show interest only if you seem like a serious buyer. Their "service" is an eye-wash and the sticker price is easily negotiable.

Vipul Motors: Bought my first car from them. Over the year, the service experience was decent. However, initially, there was lots of mis-selling and i was fooled a bit.

Rana Motors: Gave an atrociously low quote for my car. To top it all, they claimed that no-one in gurgaon can give a better quote.

Pasco Motors TV: The best of the lot. Almost bought a Swift from them and a very expert friend of mine checked it out thoroughly and found no issues. I had to cancel the deal as i went in for a new Figo and they were very professional with the refund process of token money.
I sold my Estilo (bought from Vipul TV) to them and got the best quote - by far. No nitpicking and hassles at all. Very smooth sell and the deal held true even though i back tracked on buying the Swift. 5 stars from my side
Old 15th February 2013, 14:38   #122
BHPian

Garuda Autocraft Pvt Ltd, Bangalore offered xxxxx for my old M800 plus the usual offeres of the month. Out of curiosity checked with Pratham Motors Pvt Ltd, Bangalore who offered me 50 % more for the old car and matched all the offers of the month. No guesses where I brought my new car - From Pratham.

Maruti True value are no different from your neighbourhood 2nd hand car dealer. Only saving grace is the headache to transferring the RC records is not there. You have proper documentation for having sold your old vehicle.

-Harshavardhan
Old 16th March 2013, 13:57   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
Garuda Autocraft Pvt Ltd, Bangalore offered xxxxx for my old M800 plus the usual offeres of the month. Out of curiosity checked with Pratham Motors Pvt Ltd, Bangalore who offered me 50 % more for the old car and matched all the offers of the month. No guesses where I brought my new car - From Pratham.

Maruti True value are no different from your neighbourhood 2nd hand car dealer. Only saving grace is the headache to transferring the RC records is not there. You have proper documentation for having sold your old vehicle.

-Harshavardhan
This is a question on the TrueValue selling process. Please reply if you can shed some light on this. I am in the process of selling my Swift to TrueValue and have agreed on the price. The salesman then said that I should hand over the car to him- he said that I would get a cheque within seven working days. I would then hand over the original papers (insurance plus RC). All I would have in the interim before I get the cheque would be some sort of paper/agreement with the TrueValue dealership. Is this the normal process? I tried calling up a couple of other TrueValue dealers but couldnt get a satisfactory reply.
Old 16th March 2013, 14:23   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudeLeLouch View Post
This is a question on the TrueValue selling process. Please reply if you can shed some light on this. I am in the process of selling my Swift to TrueValue and have agreed on the price. The salesman then said that I should hand over the car to him- he said that I would get a cheque within seven working days. I would then hand over the original papers (insurance plus RC). All I would have in the interim before I get the cheque would be some sort of paper/agreement with the TrueValue dealership. Is this the normal process? I tried calling up a couple of other TrueValue dealers but couldnt get a satisfactory reply.
Please don't over the car until unless you have the money in hand. It doesn't matter whether you have a agreement letter from Maruti True Value.

There are multiple instances of frauds that have happened.

You can just tell the salesman to take the car when he gives you the full payment.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 14:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudeLeLouch View Post

2 years back when i sold my car to them , i instantly got a cheque from them with necessary documents like delivery note etc..
In no case hand over the car before you get the full payment. Infact insist on a demand draft or a bank transfer.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 15:13   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
2 years back when i sold my car to them , i instantly got a cheque from them with necessary documents like delivery note etc..
In no case hand over the car before you get the full payment. Infact insist on a demand draft or a bank transfer.
thank you k2max6 and speedmiester for your quick replies. I am going to do as advised- insist on a transfer before handing over.
claudeLeLouch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 15:18   #127
BHPian

Kalyani motors True value offered me 110% lesser than what I actually got for my Palio through quickr.
The salesperson tried his level best to find a fault in my car to have a reason for negotiation. He could not find any, neither I gave any room or opportunity for negotiation. I simply walked over.
Old 29th April 2013, 23:27   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Kalyani motors True value offered me 110% lesser than what I actually got for my Palio through quickr.
My experience was no different. When I evaluated my Indica DLE 2000 model with Indus true value they offered me a paltry 35000 for it. This was when I planned on buying an Alto 800. When I said I may even look for a WagonR depending on the price of my car, the price went up immediately to 75000 including the 20000 exchange bonus on wagon r 2012 model (when clearance was on). The question is why should True Value be bothered about what car I am going to buy? Should I have told them I am planning on a Dezire petrol for a higher rate? It did not seem the right way of dealing anyways.
I got another 3k extra from a dealer later. The car had its fare share of problems and I was open about it from beginning.
beez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 16:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got first hand experiance of selling a car only (no exchange) to Maruti True value?

I am in the process of selling my WR to one of the True value outlets in NCR. The sales manager told me to submit photocopies of signed Form 28, Form 29 and Form 30. According to him after the "processing" at their end is complete they will release the cheque to me and then i can hand over the car and original Forms + RC,Insurance to them.

Is this the way the process works?
Is it safe to submit them photocopies of signed form 28,Form 30, form 29 before payment is made?

Last edited by DCEite : 6th December 2013 at 16:03.
Old 6th December 2013, 16:52   #130
BHPian

They will issue you a cheque immediately when you approach them with the duly signed forms. This is done then and there. Do not leave blank signed documents with them without a cheque in your hand.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 19:37   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
They will issue you a cheque immediately when you approach them with the duly signed forms. This is done then and there. Do not leave blank signed documents with them without a cheque in your hand.
Signed forms original copy is with me, only the photocopy i have given. Is that fine?
Old 6th December 2013, 20:33   #132
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that these True value outlets and the like are responsible for the high used car prices prevailing presently in Kerala. For example a 2005 July Alto is sold for Rs 1.8L, a 2003 Alto for rs 1.5L and a 2007 Estilo for 2.15L. The cars are purchased by the dealers at lower prices in exchange of new cars and with the so called reputation of these outlets, sold at exorbitantly higher prices.
The phenomena is just like in land deals where prices are jacked up by middlemen.
Old 6th December 2013, 22:09   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I have a feeling that these True value outlets and the like are responsible for the high used car prices prevailing presently in Kerala. For example a 2005 July Alto is sold for Rs 1.8L, a 2003 Alto for rs 1.5L and a 2007 Estilo for 2.15L. The cars are purchased by the dealers at lower prices in exchange of new cars and with the so called reputation of these outlets, sold at exorbitantly higher prices.
The phenomena is just like in land deals where prices are jacked up by middlemen.
Even I had a bad experience with true value when I tried to get my car valued. I am planning to buy a new car and had taken my i10 to one of the Maruti showrooms here in Bangalore. I thought that True Value would give me the better price for my car and the transaction would be transparent. On the contrary it turned out to be bad. I had a big round of negotiation with the true value people, while this was happening , without my permission they made photo copies of my cars original documents and took photographs of my car without my permission. I was really furious when I came to know about this. I immediately walked out of the showroom. I will never go back to true value.
Old 6th December 2013, 22:58   #134
Senior - BHPian

True Value and similar authorized dealer run used car outlets thrive only because prior to the advent of these dealer outlets the friendliness and transparent deals were non existent. The used car dealer or middlemen used to juggle with the ignorance of the average used car buyer to make benefit for themselves. But of late the bonafide manufacturer sponsored dealer run used car sellers have also transformed to resemble the former car brokers.
The sole advantage is that the cars bought by these dealerships would be accident (major) free.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th December 2013 at 23:03.
Old 6th December 2013, 23:47   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Signed forms original copy is with me, only the photocopy i have given. Is that fine?
Handing over the photocopies should not be a risk but keep a track and collect your cheque asap. If possible, give them a deadline to complete the work else you will call off the deal. Usually it works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks