Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 17:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Need to update this thread - its time to STAY AWAY FROM RF MOTORS.

Sad, because this is a dealership that I have had so many good experiences with in the past.

However, as they change so should our rating of their service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I've heard lots of folks bad mouthing against RF Motors nowadays about bad A.S.S

I think they are behaving like a typical TATA dealer since they have already built a reputation.

Very true. The chaps have become very volume-reliant nowadays - the attention to detail that was their trademark earlier has been replaced with sloppiness and a who-gives-a-damn attitude.

Moreover, I've found the hard way that they're pretty clueless when it comes to any major work, bumbling along from one wrong diagnosis to another until they've replaced half the car under with parts that are not required - under warranty!

They did a suspension overhaul for my truck (on my request, after the suspension had taken some beating earlier this year on some really fast trips through bad roads and over speedbreakers at stupid speeds), the results of which we are STILL undoing. The truck came back like a drunken elephant - while it was quite fine except for some squeaks from the front suspension when I sent it in.

It is only this month that we got to the bottom of the problem - NO THANKS TO RF because the person who found the cause was Chikku (Nikkibike on the forum) and the work was done under his supervision at a small, independent TASS and not at RF Motors. The LHS Upper Arm had bent under impact. The morons had replaced everything they could and sent me back an unsteady vehicle, which has taken us over 2 months to undo.

STAY AWAY FROM RF MOTORS. Try Concorde instead - I havent been there, but nobody can be as bad as this bunch of incompetent monkeys.

This is what happens when a workshop gets too obsessed with turning around large numbers of cars - they're not bothered about the odd truck that requires some time and effort to be invested in an investigation.

At the end of the day, Guruji's (gd##### on the forum) advice is best - take the vehicle to the A.S.S only for oil changes and other stuff that helps you stay within the warranty terms. Get all other work done elsewhere by competent MECHANICS, not data entry operators who can only do stuff as told to them by the scanner.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th December 2008 at 17:55.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
its time to STAY AWAY FROM RF MOTORS.
Sad to see a good service centre wither away but totally agree...I had 3 bad experiences in a short time frame of 30 days.

1) Gave my Indigo for 30K service with a small list of rattling problems...

Post Service: The vehicle came back the way I gave it with only a sketchy water wash done. Rattling remains

2) Gave the Palio MJD for second service. Problems reported. Poor Mileage (~10kmpl) and dashboard rattle.

Post Service: No improvement in mileage, now rattles more from the rear seats too and a squeaking front brake(Culprit: Some stone stuck in between the front disc; possibly happened during their trial runs). RF took another complete day to figure this out

3) Was in the market for an SUV and went to RF Motors for TD'ing Safari.
Result: Awesome reception, but gave a thoroughly battered customer vehicle for TD.
The vehicle was coughing and puffing when accelerating and moved like a drunken elephant. Later took a test drive with Concorde and confirmed that RF gave me a really bad vehicle for TD.

Shame on you RF...You lost a faithful Tata/Fiat loyalist.
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

RF motors got a sales/service centre here in madakkathaanam(muvattupuzha taluk) .it is not just another small service centre.they got all facilities.but ,only few believe in giving their car for service there.
Most of the Indica/tata vehicles goes to pulse automobiles(TVS service) in muvattupuzha.just for the information purpose only.
the Auth service centre in Perumbavoor is also good for tata cars(average service).I dont even nudge to look into the city(kochi) for service.

Last edited by deepclutch : 2nd January 2009 at 13:43.
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:11   #34
BHPian

Guyz,

I totally agree with Steer and others... 2 years back, I had one of my best service experience with RF Motors, as posted earlier...

Few months back I had taken by Palio D for some regular service. The service manager whom Steer had introduced me to was gone, so was the quality of service and attention to detail. There was just one technician dealing with Palio Ds. I decided not to give my car there and took it back to TVS Trivandrum. They came out to be much better than RF...

Mods can we rename the thread to read 'RF Motors - Fiat and Tata - Not preferred anymore'
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

The workshop/service manager Giri had left in mid-2007 - he came back from a stint at some Mahindra *** in Pollachi in early 2008, but his return doesnt seem to have made a difference.

I dont think they are bothered anymore as the volumes keep coming in now that they've built up a sufficient base as a dealer - they were new in town earlier and needed to attract people from other dealerships to keep their service setup running.

The sad part is that they prominantly display the Tata Motors award for Best Dealership for 2007 very prominently at their reception. If this was allegedly the best, imagine what the rest must be like?
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:08   #36
BHPian

Mods please change the title of this thread to RF Motors, Cochin - STAY AWAY.. and also remove the thumbsup icon
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Is TVS still servicing FIAT's? Would like to get a review.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Guyz,

I totally agree with Steer and others... 2 years back, I had one of my best service experience with RF Motors, as posted earlier...

Few months back I had taken by Palio D for some regular service. The service manager whom Steer had introduced me to was gone, so was the quality of service and attention to detail. There was just one technician dealing with Palio Ds. I decided not to give my car there and took it back to TVS Trivandrum. They came out to be much better than RF...

Mods can we rename the thread to read 'RF Motors - Fiat and Tata - Not preferred anymore'
Old 5th January 2009, 10:59   #38
BHPian

Gemi,

I am not sure if TVS still services Fiats. I sold my Palio and so havent been there since. I think they run an all car service centre which includes Fiat.

I have always had a pleasant experience with them. They may not be the best looking and best behaving, but they have always taken good care of the car. So if you can leave aside your perceptions about them and try them, you might like them.

Thanks mods for the title change and thumbsdown.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:30   #39
BANNED

I am seeing that complaints against TATA/Fiat dealership are increasing steadily.
What is the alternative to RF Motors?
Old 7th January 2009, 22:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Diabloo - right now, Concorde has a new facility at Kundanoor or nearabouts. Not sure of the exact location.

I guess other A. S. S. es exist. (sorrry, not a Tata customer)
Old 7th January 2009, 22:33   #41
BHPian

I agree with everyone else here who have posted negative about RF.in fact,like basil,i was one of those who initially gave a good report about them.in due course i even be-friended a sales manager.he used to take extra care that i got good service whenever i gave my car for service.

But right from the 2nd service i started noticing that they had no idea about the palio.in fact one of the service guys who is supposed to be the one trained by fiat was also pathetic.all the problems which were there when given for service was there when i took it back in the evening.one of the things they actually advertise is their car wash,which too was horrible!!

later the sales manager i be-friended shifted to skoda (marikar) and then he came out with what happened behind the scenes at rf.in fact,their policy is just to shift the car out the same evening they received it-whether service was done properly or not was not at all a concern!!as expected,they became interested in volumes and so quantity increased and quality went down.he even told one case where a person was charged for a spare part when it was not replaced!!as it is they did not know anything about fiat cars

that was one of the reason why i was and still am interested to know why muneem left his job at rf!!!

nowadays i give my car at a local tvs service centre.they really know how the palio functions.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Diabloo - right now, Concorde has a new facility at Kundanoor or nearabouts. Not sure of the exact location.
Very close to Toyota / GM showrooms on the Toyota side of the road.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

The RF-inflicted damage on my truck is being set right by Hitech Motors, a small TASS on NH47 just after Kalamassery. The work is being done under supervision by another TBHPian (nikkibike), so I cannot comment on the quality of their standalone work - but they have been able to successfully identify and rectify several issues caused by RF's incompetence.

The only issue is that they are small, so they dont stock a lot of high-value parts. That said, they are very prompt in ordering for parts and getting them delivered.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th January 2009 at 13:39.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the bump!Guys from perumbavoor,kerala ,How is National auto garageTASS ?How is their work?I got some major repair works(including engine overhauling) needs to be done on Indica.The Nearest authorized Service is R F Motors () which is out of question,hence ?.

thanks ,
dc.
Old 26th April 2009, 13:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
The Nearest authorized Service is R F Motors which is out of question,hence ?.
I have maintained all my Tata family of cars (Sumo, Safari, Indica and Marina) at the Focuz (erstwhile Benz) Motors service centres at Cochin / Alleppey. I have had no complaints with them so far. The experience is all the way from 1996 to the present.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks