Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2014, 19:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jetta Breakdown: Exceptional experience with VW Service

What was the issue and you did something on the road. Can you elaborate on the issue as well.

I am 100% skeptical about german cars service and this incident is good to hear but i am not giving it to VW but just to that one service center.

Please share the details around the issue and the fix as well please
Old 27th December 2014, 20:39   #32
BHPian

I still cannot believe it !

' Customer is king ' written on boards seems to have been etched on the minds of those guys at VW ASS and I guess such attentiveness is not even shown at the ' mother of all ASS(es)' - Maruti and it is perfectly perplexing to find this at the nightmarish Skoda group .
Anyways, I hope they got the point and it would be to their[ and our] benefit once they redress the Service grievances and my next car would be from that .
Old 27th December 2014, 20:59   #33
BHPian

This is definitely a positive experience you've had and I really hope things remain this way between you and VW. Had a few questions though:

1. What was the exact cause of the fuel system error and was it related in some way to the dog hit? Since your Jetta is a diesel (I assume), fingers crossed and I pray it's not 'adulterated fuel'
2. Your location says mumbai - how is your service experience with the mumbai VW dealerships?
3. Lastly, like others have asked, did you get your refunds (flight, 'erroneous' repair bill etc.)?

After reading numerous stories about how VW diesels get stranded in the middle of nowhere due to injector/fueling problems, my confidence of VW cars has taken one more hit; unless your car malfunctioned entirely because of the dog. But that still makes me wonder whether a single dog hit can make a car unusable?

I hit a dog at around 90kph when it decided to turn back after running half way across (prefer not to describe what happened to it...). The bumper lost a few mounting lugs, got dislocated and rattled, but we could complete our journey.

The cynic in me says there will always be bright spots in an overall somber picture, but the vice-versa is also true - there are stories of bad service/workmanship by some trusted brands too. So, I'll go with the average opinion level for now.

BTW, do you have an ownership thread for your Jetta DSG?
isiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 21:19   #34
BHPian

My! Did I just read a fairy tale? Was it a dream/fantasy? Kudos to the entire VW crew involved in this incidence. Man! A new example has been set here, that too from VW!!! VW on an image makeover mission? All the best folks
Old 28th December 2014, 00:48   #35
BHPian

isiv - A dog is a really bad thing to happen to cars. I have had hit two of them with my car getting stranded in 2 minutes of being hit and replacement would be intercooler, coolant tank, ac coils and what not and after insurance ended up paying 14k once and 8k the second time so a dog can really do that much damage.

I am amazed by the service they gave you, Even Audi people are not that courteous. they are good, smooth running but dont go out of the way.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2014 at 14:40. Reason: Typo
V12Doc is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th December 2014, 02:14   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Great experience there doc! One that every car owner wishes for but seldom gets. Do you happen to know any of the higher ups 'personally'?

Also it would be great if you could share some communications/bills/tickets/photos related to this incident. Similar threads (-ve though) in the past have been locked for the lack of complete info.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 07:20   #37
BHPian

Good to see that Volkswagon India has signifcatly improved its customer service experience . Felt good to read something positive in turns of service after a really long time from them. The one thing that stopped me from buying a Volkswagen or Skoda in India was their horror service stories that have been shared all over the internet . Thanks to you for highlighting the fact that they are improving and working on making things better .
Old 28th December 2014, 10:12   #38
BHPian

Wonderful experience. Shows what VW is capable of. Unfortunately this is like Ishant Sharma winning India a match with his bowling. Years of potential and one performance to show for it.

I wonder though if this special treatment is reserved only for Jetta/ Passat owners or even for the general public owning 'cheap' Polos and Ventos? Never heard too many good things or of intent to do good things from Polo and Vento owners...
torque!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 11:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have Purchased my Polo TDI from BU Bhandari Pune, and all services have been done by them. I am fully satisfied with their service.

Few good points to mention.
When I called them to book an appointment for the 24 month 30000 km service, they were busy with no slots, as there had been three holidays the previous week, yet they told me to drive in, and so that they could check whether any warranty work was needed, and yes they changed the gearbox shifter which had developed play.

Second service was done a week later.

Later on I had to run both LH wheels over the unpaved road shoulder at about 80 kph, to avoid a motorcyclist who had closely overtaken me, snipped his tailpipe, on the front footstep of an oncoming minibus and then fallen in my path.

I had immediately called the same service station which was within 10 km, and drove there slowly. They did an under body check and wheel alignment free of cost.

I am only praises for VW service with BU Bhandari Pune West

Rahul

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2014 at 14:42. Reason: Typo
Old 28th December 2014, 12:03   #40
BHPian

A great write up. Have been following this thread for three days, and hoping somebody would raise this question. But since no one has, indulge the skeptical me pls. What strings were pulled to get this level of service, really? Most of us would praise the service when they tow away the car, free of cost, and provide a replacement. But
providing an alternate, alternate car;
picking up the alternate car from Mangalore;
picking up the tab of flight to Bombay;
dropping the car from Hubli to Bombay;
And not charging for even repairs !!

That is a dream advertisement for any car's ASS. Actually, scratch that, not even their (or customers') wildest dream. Have you always had this level of service from VW ?

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 28th December 2014 at 12:04.
Old 28th December 2014, 13:39   #41
BHPian

Have been having an OK experience with mumbai dealers but this experience changed my opinion
Yes I do have a connection who works for VAG group but not with VW
Old 28th December 2014, 14:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Hello, I would like to share my recent experience with VW after sales service and I would rate it as 15/10.
Thanks for sharing!! My experience (my previous car Polo Tdi) with VW Hubli was also very good.

IMHO, it is high time for us to encourage Dealers who provide good service. We can start by buying cars from such dealers and sharing our experience with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I think the issue is more to do with dealers than the company VW.
Yes. Very true. VW group makes such good cars - If only their Dealer's, after sales service was as good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A Passat from VW Mysore IIRC.
I have been getting my car service done at VW KPR Mysore. I should mention that they go out of their way and make me delighted.

Things like giving me a loaner car when ever I have gone there for service and getting my car ready for delivery, on time; have literally made my day.

My next car, whenever it comes to it, will be from them!!
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 14:44   #43
BHPian

Wow. This is amazing service.

Hopefully we will get to hear more such experiences with out any negative stories and in about a year folks should be able to start trusting the brand again..

It does take significant time and intent to overturn a bad image than to avoid it in the first place.

Way to go VAG. Keep up the good work
charanreddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 15:19   #44
BHPian

It was almost like reading a fairy tale. The true ethics were displayed when they informed you on their own accord that they billed you erroneously and the parts were covered under warranty! Now only if VW starts treating every customer like this

@docaxe, how about sending them a Thank you letter/ Letter of Appreciation. They will definitely feel good about it and will keep up the good work and also write a mail to the VW authorities how the concerned dealerships helped you. Will be really nice of you if you can do that.

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 28th December 2014 at 15:22.
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 19:44   #45
BHPian

Really nice to hear this. They have done all they could do to pamper you. It's more than just customer service. It's like an effort to make him feel special and they have succeeded. I just wish all their service centers become more effective when it comes to customer satisfaction. It show that they can do that if they want to. I wonder what stops them from doing it. Is it because their sales numbers are low or is it because their profit percentages are low or what I don't know. I hope this will not be an one off incident and something like this will become the norm for them all over the country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks