Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 12:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jetta Breakdown: Exceptional experience with VW Service

The issue with VW is inconsistent MASS experience. On one end we hear such stories (Which are very rare. Maybe because good deeds go unnoticed and unwritten on forums) and the other end we have horror stories which give graphic details on how getting an appointment for a breakdown takes more than a week. Consistency in any service offering is key to its success in which ever industry especially in the auto industry.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 14:56   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Just curious, why was a dog hit repair treated as warranty repair ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Must be a goodwill gesture!
My best guess: The Jetta DSG is their flagship car in India. Few openly admit it, but every company tries to provide a better service experience to their more premium customers.

@ Docaxe: Thanks for sharing. If you wanted to thank the dealer & VW, this is probably the best way to have done it.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 15:16   #63
BHPian

I was thinking its a sarcastic thread which would break the bad news at the end. But very happy that the experience was indeed real. Only wish VW gave the same level of service to all their customers regardless of what car they own. For once, reading a positive story on VW is heartening.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:30   #64
BHPian

This remarkably seems to be one hell of a coordinated effort between the three service centers involved in two different states.

And here, the Tata ASCs lack coordination between the Service Advisors, Mechanics and the Receptionist - all within the same building & compound!!
Old 29th December 2014, 16:55   #65
BHPian

I had a very similar experience, not at 2 am but superb service, tow truck and an Innova to drop me home within 3 hours of making the call.
But the car is not reliable. Lots of small niggles, I will not buy a VW again.
Old 29th December 2014, 17:24   #66
BHPian

Quote:
They asked me to take a flight to Mumbai, for which they would refund the fare amount after the claim process and also offered to drop my car to Mumbai, which was like a blessing.
Really amazing. If this is how they plan to treat their customers i am happy that i just bought the Vento.

BTW curious to know if they really paid for the air ticket and again the reason for paying for the ticket. is is due to the delay in sourcing the part?
Old 29th December 2014, 18:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I was thinking its a sarcastic thread which would break the bad news at the end. But very happy that the experience was indeed real. Only wish VW gave the same level of service to all their customers regardless of what car they own. For once, reading a positive story on VW is heartening.
Well, there are many other positive stories but the usual human behavior is to reach out and cry foul when we are unhappy with something. Here is a link to my experience

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3611533
Old 29th December 2014, 18:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I would like to share my recent experience with VW after sales service, which I would rate 15/10.
When I begun reading the thread, the first line seemed too exaggerated, I mean 15/10 seriously! As I continued to read, my reaction changed from happy, surprised, amazed then dazed and dumbfound. Is this VW? Did this happen in India?

This is exceptional customer service. Hat tip to the dealers for this one.

P.S: I am guessing you have the Skoda shield type of warranty scheme. If not, then I am jumping out of the window
Old 29th December 2014, 19:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I would like to share my recent experience with VW after sales service, which I would rate 15/10.
Always nice to hear such experiences. I understand that VW has a tie up with AXA Assistance to serve their clientele in case of emergencies in India. Do you ever had to deal with them during this period? If that is the case, we must give due credit to this assistance company as well.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:11   #70
BHPian

What with all the stories from the VW group in India-This comes as a Breath of fresh air. I personally didnt buy the Passat due to this reputation- few more gestures like this & the tide may well turn.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:37   #71
BHPian

even my experience with Volkswagen service has been good, if not this great. When my vento's radiator had a problem after hitting a stone while parking it, they sent a tow truck all the way from Vijaywada to khammam, around 140km one way. And even before I'd got to the service centre the next day, they had done a overall checkup and we're ready with the list of things that would need replacement and so on. The company car dropped me and picked me up from the railway station whenever I was in town to check on the car (at least three round trips) and they toiled away on a Sunday with the main shutters down so that I could get my car back asap, looking at the plight of me travelling all the way from khammam to Vijayawada everyday to have a look at my car. Top class service, I felt. This was way back in Jan of 2013. I wasn't a member, so couldn't add my experiences then on Tbhp. All the insurance details were taken care of, and when they realised that the insurance wouldn't cover the front bumper repaint, they did it for free, the service manager quoting these lines " it's a new car sir, we want you to enjoy it as new, not with scratches on it. " I'd taken delivery of my vento on November 2012, and had maintained the car spotless till this event. I'd taken down their details to thank them and commend them on their official website, but couldn't get around doing it. So, if anybody from team Volkswagen at Bza showroom are reading this, thanks guys. It's me, the irritating doc from khammam with a TN registered black vento. Been a happy customer of VW and will definitely reccommend their cars.
Doc_nikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 08:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Always nice to hear such experiences. I understand that VW has a tie up with AXA Assistance to serve their clientele in case of emergencies in India. Do you ever had to deal with them during this period? If that is the case, we must give due credit to this assistance company as well.

Yes have couriered my tickets and bills for the same to AXA for reimbursement
Old 30th December 2014, 09:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

The new entrants in the automotive market should send business ethics for a toss and entice existing good dealers serving other brands to change brands.
This will give their customers good service, and also give good dealers especially those selling TATA and Maruti vehicles and are bugged of the high handed behavior of the parent company a fresh new opportunity.

Rahul
Old 30th December 2014, 10:13   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
The new entrants in the automotive market should send business ethics for a toss and entice existing good dealers serving other brands to change brands.
This will give their customers good service, and also give good dealers especially those selling TATA and Maruti vehicles and are bugged of the high handed behavior of the parent company a fresh new opportunity.

Rahul
As per my experience even though Maruti is the highest seller in the market, their dealers are never high headed. Service support is also amazing.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:09   #75
BHPian

Felt like reading a heart-warming, Christmas spirit story!
I also had a great experience with VW, Thane recently with my HU on the GT TSI not working properly. They got a brand new, OOTB set of new speakers and a HU to troubleshoot which was faulty. Once they fixed the HU in the car to check if that was working fine and and it did...they just fixed that in! I thought I'd have to haggle regarding getting a new unit et al but nothing of that sort happened. To say that I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement!
I just hope to hear more of such pleasant, experiences as VW further entrench their presence in this country.

Last edited by 4nd3r50n : 30th December 2014 at 11:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks