Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2017, 17:56   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,596
Thanked: 1,522 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
The truth is that in many parts of North India, hamari dilli included, abusive behavior is common, doling out political weight throwing happens and occasionally a tight slap and thump balances the equation.
The last time I said something here on the lines of behaviour in different parts of the country, there were a lot of indignant responses.
All I will say this time is that India as a whole is regressing. And this regression is getting amplified by and on social media.
There is a whole new level of rage and anger everywhere these days.
PS: the other thing is that there seems to be no valid reason for this rage, because it isn't as if it is the have nots that are angry. As far as I know, the large number of poor villages haven't changed their behaviour in this aspect, even if they are entitled to do so, for many valid reasons. Much of the rage is from people that are better off than they were in earlier years, but everyone just seems to have a chip on their shoulder these days.

Last edited by Sawyer : 4th December 2017 at 18:13. Reason: PS
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 18:51   #92
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 1,407
Thanked: 9,423 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
All I will say this time is that India as a whole is regressing. And this regression is getting amplified by and on social media.
There is a whole new level of rage and anger everywhere these days.
Much of the rage is from people that are better off than they were in earlier years, but everyone just seems to have a chip on their shoulder these days.
Sawyer, that has been my observation too especially when I compare with say the 1970s or even the 1980s. The increased affluence of the middle class and above strata has led to some noticeable changes in levels of anger, hurry and lack of patience. I do not know if we as a whole are regressing - I am a optimist to my button holes but certainly emotional ballast is different (and worse) than say a mere 30 years ago. A little off topic - on the other hand young people today, I observe, are more confident and more outgoing. And certainly they pass entrance exams I would never have cracked.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 19:02   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,596
Thanked: 1,522 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

I have no argument against what you say; the present generation is much smarter with the much higher exposure that they have been able to get.

But has there been a price to pay for that?

Are Indians today better human beings than what they were 50 years ago?

I'd say the jury is out on that one.

And on the subject of entrance exams - are they better at passing ones that examine them for their understanding of the subject and of their ability to learn more about it, of being original minds as opposed to those that largely are tests of memory or computational skills?
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 21:00   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,395
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
The reason I'm pointing out this law is not to justify him getting beaten up.
Good you understood what your post sounded like.

Very flimsy legs for the sales outlet to stand on, especially since they thrashed the customer. Verbal abuse on its own may warrant legal action, which as per your initial post should have been the course of action if they so wished. Such a minor complaint would have tied up and cost the sales outlet more than it was worth it to pursue, so it is in effect just a threat - especially since the video evidence is of the customer being beaten, and none of his "abuse".

I reiterate for emphasis since your tone still sounds more against the customer than for the service centre - no amount of abuse warrants a thrashing, nor would it stand up as a counter-argument in court IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Qualified lawyers in the forum, please comment.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 23:02   #95
BHPian
 
400notout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 216
Thanked: 591 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Very flimsy legs for the sales outlet to stand on, especially since they thrashed the customer.
Condemning the dealership is a given, they created a situation by being complacent/inactive on a complaint, then they failed in pacifying a livid customer and to top it up the staff beats him up!! The "women" angle is purely manipulative and sympathy seeking. No matter how one twists the story there are no positives in this for JEEP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Verbal abuse on its own may warrant legal action,
Since most of us identify as customers, I'm merely stating getting abusive is not the way and can backfire badly too especially since people seem to be okay with the "abusing" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Such a minor complaint would have tied up and cost the sales outlet more than it was worth it to pursue, so it is in effect just a threat
A legally binding warning which is way better than wrestling him around

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

especially since the video evidence is of the customer being beaten, and none of his "abuse".
As mentioned before the video was shot by someone accompanying the customer so its just his part of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

I reiterate for emphasis since your tone still sounds more against the customer than for the service centre - no amount of abuse warrants a thrashing, nor would it stand up as a counter-argument in court IMHO.
To put a clearer argument, the failure of the dealership is the reason of this threads existence. This definitely would not have been the first case of a customer getting abusive anywhere. Usually such situations are defused through patience and dialogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

no amount of abuse warrants a thrashing, nor would it stand up as a counter-argument in court IMHO.
Just like abuse not warranting thrashing there are ways to escalate matters without getting abusive. If you take the provocation out of the story it would seem as JEEP randomly beats up customers to hide its own incompetence which is also not the case.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 23:05   #96
BHPian
 
Jude300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 247
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Off late have witnessed similar situations where the so called powerful try to intimidate the weaker one in the most abusive manner. I do strongly agree that we should not be taking law into our hands and that we should be solving issues amicably. But these are men that I have seen behave so bad that they get third rate and personal. How many of you would keep your cool if someone was abusing your dear ones. In such circumstance the demon inside me calls for instant Karma though I have not got physical, ever.

What we lack are virtues that history taught us the hard way. We are misusing the freedom we earned.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2017, 13:57   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: chennai
Posts: 132
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

A little off topic, but a video talk worth watching for it says a lot about what is the ultimate in customer service, if ever there is a benchmark then this is it. Shows how our organizations are second to none when treating customers. An organization exists only because of its customers.
vipinendran is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 14:28   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 175
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I remain amused by how easily the auto rags are bought out & remain faithful to their advertisers. If a manufacturer launches a new stickered variant, they'll be the first to cover it. It's like a race to see who publishes first.

But this incident? Nada (despite Jeep & Landmark sending statements to everyone).

Renault Captur deceitful ad? Nope.

Kawasaki not delivering bikes after taking money? Only a small number did, that too after a long delay.

Skoda dealership frauds? You got to be kidding me.

This is NOT journalism - they are merely part of a news distribution network. Big difference between the two.
That's why, either ignore or just read these auto magazines for entertainment, but for information, knowledge and making decisions, customers should read team-bhp.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 15:54   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I remain amused by how easily the auto rags are bought out & remain faithful to their advertisers. If a manufacturer launches a new stickered variant, they'll be the first to cover it. It's like a race to see who publishes first.

But this incident? Nada (despite Jeep & Landmark sending statements to everyone).

Renault Captur deceitful ad? Nope.

Kawasaki not delivering bikes after taking money? Only a small number did, that too after a long delay.

Skoda dealership frauds? You got to be kidding me.

This is NOT journalism - they are merely part of a news distribution network. Big difference between the two.
Triumph Detuning and Stalling Fiasco, I was blocked on social media and threatened by Triumph and I know so many Auto Journos (they were college buddies of mine). Not a single one of them reported or talked about it. I am happy to see advents of new age media like Youtube and social communities like TeamBhp.
quickdraw is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 17:54   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 51,198
Thanked: 114,082 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

FCA says:

Quote:
The unfortunate incident at our Delhi dealership has been thoroughly investigated with our Dealer Partner, Landmark Group and they have already taken disciplinary action against the offenders. We value our customers and are committed to treating every customer with utmost respect and courtesy, without exception. FCA’s ethos has not and will never subscribe to, encourage or tolerate such offensive treatment to customers.
Landmark says:
Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer-capture.jpg
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 19:43   #101
BHPian
 
bikerzindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
FCA says:



Landmark says:
Attachment 1704976
It's seems a complete U turn now. What about the ladies angle and stuff? So does it mean our guess that ladies angle was just an after thought corrective justification to thrashing the customer and holding a higher ground?
bikerzindia is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 20:27   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,701
Thanked: 2,667 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
FCA says:

Landmark says:
Attachment 1704976
Still doesn't say anything about what are they going to do to ensure it doesn't happen again. Similar individuals can be hired again, who may act in a similar way later on. There has to be a change in how they recruit people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
It's seems a complete U turn now. What about the ladies angle and stuff? So does it mean our guess that ladies angle was just an after thought corrective justification to thrashing the customer and holding a higher ground?
Absolutely! A shameless face saving trick. Just goes to show the rot in this dealership runs deeper than what you see. God forbid if you have to deal with them for a longer time.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2017, 13:54   #103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 247
Thanked: 253 Times
Default Re: Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer

Jeep Showroom Viral Video: 2 Employees Sacked For Manhandling of a Jeep Compass Customer

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/jeep...r-1601415.html
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian morality progresses - Homosexuality is now legal - A landmark day! Sam Kapasi Shifting gears 310 4th December 2017 18:43
Hyderabad-Salem:Diversion Landmark? ranjitp1 Route / Travel Queries 32 21st June 2012 16:02
Panel for landmark changes in Motor Vehicle Act vbraju Street Experiences 2 2nd January 2011 13:04
Unsatisfied Honda customer due to poor customer service courtesy a dishonest dealer. Wild Phoenix Indian Car Dealerships 38 22nd October 2010 12:04
A Landmark Shift in Bajaj's Advertising??? vasudeva Motorbikes 12 31st July 2009 07:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks