Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 19:13   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feedback on Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore

@Concorde, there are many problems in buying used cars from such branded dealers. I called it a poor evaluation because there was no valid insurance when the vehicle was sold to Advaith, the vehicle had been serviced at Whitefield Honda in 2018 for an engine overhaul. If a proper background check was conducted, the odometer tampering could have been identified. The tampering issue was identified because of my contact at the Honda dealership. In my personal experience, I have seen people coming for car inspections who are not highly skilled in evaluating a vehicle. So the first thumb rule should be to stay away from a used car if the engine bay is super clean.

In the case of Aviator_guy, I too had this kind of experience after selling my Skoda Rapid in 2016. The new owner asked me for help after involving himself in a front collision in Kanyakumari. Since the RTO had issued NOC for transfer of ownership to his name, I made it clear to him to handle it himself. I sold my Duster to CARS24 in November 2019, but they found a buyer in January 2021, till then I used to get all the messages related to the vehicle. So it is a grey area if the ownership is not transferred immediately.

Last edited by deehunk : 19th May 2022 at 19:20.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:50   #77
BHPian

I was looking for a i10 car and Advaith, Vasanth Nagar, called me saying a car is available for delivery if I am ready to upgrade from Sportz to Asta.
I was in a hurry as I had sold my previous car and my XUV700 promised delivery is an year away.

I agreed and they came home same day and collected a cheque for the full amount (9+ Lacs).

After enchasing the cheque they said they don't have a car and they will book a new car and will take 2 to 3 months for delivery.

I rejected the offer and cancelled my booking.

Then the ordeal started and it is 15 days today and they say the refund is in process and all their executives(signing authorities) are on vacation.

I plan to wait one more day and lodge a police complaint for taking money without delivering a vehicle and also approach consumer court for recovering interest.
Interest for 15 days is not much but they need to be told not to do this kind of cheap tactics.
DoNotHorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 09:07   #78
BHPian

I see 2 Advaith Hyundai service centers on Banerghatta Rd in Hulimavu near Arakere Lake.

One is on Doddamma Main Rd (near HDFC Bank) and the other is on Hulimavu Main Rd (near Viyaan Academy)

Which is better for service?

I don't understand how there can be 2 Hyundai service centers so close to each other, that too of the same parent business.
Old 27th October 2022, 15:07   #79
BHPian

My Fellow BHPians,

I find myself in a bit of a pickle and I would be very grateful indeed if someone can clue me in on how I can handle my situation.

Background: I scraped my Verna against a pillar and damaged a part of my rear fender and door. The estimate provided by the Advaith Service Centre (the one near Graphite India Kundalahalli)exceeds my NCB by quite a large margin and therefore I have decided to claim insurance to get it fixed.

The situation: My car is insured by United India and I have a bumper to bumper policy with them. The guys at Advaith are now claiming that United Insurance employees have been on strike for a while now and that they do not send a surveyor in time and that most claims are not being entertained eventually as a result. Therefore they (Advaith) are not accepting vehicles insured by United.

Initially the chap at Advaith was very firm about this issue. He then changed his position to a "maybe" when I said that my insurance renewal is due only in April next year and that I have no choice but to go with United right now.

He also went so far as to say that I should not trust my agent because it is in his and United's interest for this entire claim process to be a flop show.

I smell something fishy here. They have always insisted that I go with their own insurance every time I service my car with them and this seems to me that they are creating roadblocks and bottlenecks just to get customers to buy their insurance eventually.

I spoke to my insurance agent and he says that everything is back to normal at United and that there should be no issues.

Now whom do I trust?

Thank you once again.

@Mods: I was unsure about the placement of this post. Sorry if have placed it in the wrong thread, and i request you to move it to the right one Thank you
Old 27th October 2022, 16:14   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
Now whom do I trust?
Considering your money is already spent on the insurance, I suggest you trust your Insurance Agent and follow up with them for a quick allocation of the surveyor. Once that step is done, rest of the process should work automatically. How old is your car? Do you need to get the repairs done in ASS or can you do it outside? Evaluate that as well.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 16:58   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Considering your money is already spent on the insurance, I suggest you trust your Insurance Agent and follow up with them for a quick allocation of the surveyor. Once that step is done, rest of the process should work automatically. How old is your car? Do you need to get the repairs done in ASS or can you do it outside? Evaluate that as well.
Thank you for the response. This is precisely what i am doing . I also found out from another ASC (Lakshmi Hyundai) that United's surveyors, do come but they take time.

My car is 4.5 years old with a black paintjob. therefore I would like to get it done at an ASC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks