Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 61.82%
Recommended 15 27.27%
NOT Recommended 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 17:18   #1
BHPian

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)

Here is my long pending review of Ignite the Garage. Its situated on ECR road next to VGP and is run my a Car Enthusiast Raghav. Finally, I found a guy whom I could trust and here is a uncomplicated plain review of the garage.

I was a happy Electra Hyundai customer until the last two service which left lot to be desired. The garage which had the personal touch has lost it now and it has also become one of the many garages. Let me not get into what went wrong there, so I was looking for a good garage and then I found Ignite.

The name was savy and then when I dug deep found it was run by Raghav (who is also a member of this !) and a passionate automobile ethusiast.

After few calls and misses, Raghav sent driver to pick the call (then realized he himself came and picked the vehicle). Whenever, I give my car for service to a garage for the first time, I do a blind test. For example, I had a list of 6 compliants. I listed 4 to Ignite and 2 I did not. This is what I call a blind test to check if they are capable to analyze themself or if they are also "you tell I do" type garage.

Problems I listed were:
1. A/C ineffectuive (rather non existant)
2. Very low mileage (8-9 KMPL)
3. Regular service and oil change
4. Power Steering feedback not great

Problems not listed:
1. Rigid drive feel
2. Headlight fused (only low beam)

To my extereme delight, Ignite not only addressed the problems I listed they also rectified the unlisted problem. Later, I understood Raghav had reset the shocks as they were set too tight and not as per the specs. They had also replaced the headlight without asking. Also, the rear view mirror was replaced which was another one I didnt specify.

Here is my rating sheet:
1. Quality of the service : 4.5/5
2. Attention to Detail : 4.5/5
3. Transperancy in detailing: 5/5
4. Effeciency of staff: 4.5/5

Some areas of improvement:
1. Car wash was adequate but could improvise on polishing aspect and vacumming
2. Pick and Drop service. I think this would be an important factor as the garage is located far away from regular limits. With people spread across the city, I think Raghav should look into this aspect seriously
3. Since its me may be Raghav didnt go in detail, but explaining a customer what all was done in detail along with a visual view (when possible) will put the customer to delight
4. Hope he has a system in place for sending reminders etc

What I love:
1. The dedication and passion of Raghav and the courteous staff
2. Their nice package deal that they offer for service
3. Trust!
4. Clean working space

Bottomline:
Will I take my car to Ignite? 150% YES
Will I suggest to my friends? Suggest and will also try to convince, as finiding a quality service center offlate has been hard

p.s: Also, enjoyed the nice marrantz setup and the wifi

p.s2: I hope Ignite maintains its standard forever (which is the most difficult task) once they become popular

Contact Information
111 East Coast Road | Akkarai
Chennai – 600 119
Tel. Phone : 044 24531515
mailtoignite@gmail.com

Last edited by GTO : 27th November 2010 at 16:48. Reason: Adding contact details to the opening post
madbullram is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2009, 17:32   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

wow. thanks madbull. i am sure many would find this place useful
Old 21st May 2009, 17:46   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post

I was a happy Electra Hyundai customer until the last two service which left lot to be desired. The garage which had the personal touch has lost it now and it has also become one of the many garages. Let me not get into what went wrong there, so I was looking for a good garage and then I found Ignite.
Same experience with me. I was a very happy Electra customer but of late it has been going south. I think it is because Chikki left. Last few times was consistently bad service, unrectified problems and repeat visits. Worst of all, they have difficulty in accepting bad work and just find excuses.

VGP is close to where I live so I am going to give Ignite a try. I have never noticed this place though; is it on west or east side of ECR?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 21st May 2009, 18:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Same experience with me. I was a very happy Electra customer but of late it has been going south. I think it is because Chikki left. Last few times was consistently bad service, unrectified problems and repeat visits. Worst of all, they have difficulty in accepting bad work and just find excuses.

VGP is close to where I live so I am going to give Ignite a try. I have never noticed this place though; is it on west or east side of ECR?

Gears,
Red-One.
Oh Red, exactly same state man. One more difference was, if my driver dropped my car for service, it was even worse

Ignite is on the Left Side (when u come from Pondi) 100 meters after the Sohilganallur Junction. There is this Swiming Pool equipment showroom before that.

If you come from VGP, its around 2 kms from VGP on your Right side. Being a Team BHPer, Raghav knows to give best service to us
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:14   #5
BHPian

How could I miss out on this thread.
Got introduced to Raghav through T-Bhp a few months back and that was when I was planning to do something with my Ikon 1.6 which had been sitting idle for over 6 years. Turned up at his workshop just for a casual chat. The first thing that catches your attention is the clean work area that seems so un-workshop like. From mechanics dressed in floor overalls, aviation grade equipment to personal attention that is much better than what any Manufacturer's service centre offers, this place sure stands out.

Transparency is the key word. You know what exactly is happening with your car. Every bit is put across to you. From being a Bhpian I met online, Raghav is now a very close friend more because of the profesionalism that Ignite displays and the manner in which your car gets worked on. Well its more like a clinic for cars that treats your car with the tech know-how than a medical shop where you have people suggestng stuff without actually knowing what it does.

@madbullram - I guess they do have pick up and drop service for customers from the other end of town who can't make it all the way to ECR. By the way, I think I saw you come in with your Santro the other day when I was there to get my brakes done.
petrol_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post

@madbullram - I guess they do have pick up and drop service for customers from the other end of town who can't make it all the way to ECR. By the way, I think I saw you come in with your Santro the other day when I was there to get my brakes done.
I know he has, as I said in the review he himself picked it but after some misses and time delays, may be an efficient one would be the need of the hour and this should be advertised mainly as most this would be an important factor for success
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

I met raghav a few weeks back, seemed like a nice chap. It is nice that he made you happy. Good luck to raghav & 3 cheers for a job well done.

Quote:
Also, the rear view mirror was replaced which was another one I didnt specify.
I hope he called & took your confirmation before taking up work that is not listed. Some people may get shocked to see that the bill has extended by a few hundred rupees than what they had estimated.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:53   #8
BHPian

Met raghav @ one of the meets. We were generally talking about bikes cause he s got a karizma, then he told me he runs a garage at ecr and told me to come and have a look at it. I went to his garage....and oh my god..it was the best i ve seen...clean is the word..i am not exaggerating i ve seen a few workshops in aussie and it looks kinda same..U look at it and u ll know it s been run by an enthusiast. From PC based engine scanners, aviation grade tools, electronic service catalogues, IgNite is probably the only garage in Chennai equipped to handle service of modern cars, not to mention undertaking performance mods. I am glad chennai s finally got a place to fine tune cars.. and when its run by a true enthusiast like us its going to go places

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2010 at 18:01. Reason: Old post. Removing formatting tags.
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ignited

I have been to his place a couple of times.

My observations
1) Clean Work Environment.
2) Proper Tools
3) Good Worksmanship.
4) Very Economical Rates.
5) Knowledgeable and patient.

Last but not the least owns a Petrol CJ3B .

Regards,

Arka

PS - Some really swanky cars come there for service
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Havent been to his garage, seem to miss it everyone i pass ECR..

BUT have met Raghav and came to realise that its a small world!

Cheers
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:37   #11
MAS
Senior - BHPian

This is an interesting thread.

The timing of this thread cannot be more appropriate as i was just thinking of servicing my 8 year old Santro, which has not been running much for the past 2 years. The Fusion TDCI had taken over from Santro for the daily chores and official trips, when it arrived 2 years back. I have been unhappy with KUN service and was thinking of taking the car to Electra (as it was supposed to be good).

After reading the few posts in this thread, i would take the car to Ignite and get it serviced there.

Guys, it would be easier if you could help me with the numbers of Ignite and Raghav. Do i have to take a prior appointment or can i just land up?!
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:24   #12
BHPian

I suggest you talk to Raghav and take an appointment as he sticks to his numbers so that they can provide quality service. You can reach Raghav at 98419 55158
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:24   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post

Gears,
Red-One.
At last they seem to be falling / fallen! As you guys said i had also heard from a lot of other customers that they were very happy with Electra but never knew what made them tick. My experience or rather our experience as i was much younger then dates back to somewhere between the mid 80's early 90's when the indian car spectrum was different then. The owner/s of electra had a very close associate with whom the rally brother from electra would embark on rallies. On the advice of this associate who i would not like to name, we had sent one of the groups ambassadors for decarbonising / re-boring the engine(atleast thats what the bill said so). When the car came back it was in a condition that one would not even want to sit in because all kinds of noises were emancipating from the engine bay area. Sent it back time and again but they just could not find out what was wrong. Fed up we sent it to another garage and when they opened up the engine again they found a couple of screws left inside the engine which was the culprit! So much for their rally driver owned image garage. It was only later on that i came to know from some really high and well placed sources in the city that its ONLY if your a "WHO IS A WHO" in the city, will your car get its due ATTENTION if not more!! Wonder whether that ATTITUDE ever changed after that period? If it did, well it seems to be RE-SURFACING / RE-SURFACED!

Phew, that was one RECAP
Old 23rd May 2009, 07:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
to another garage and when they opened up the engine again they found a couple of screws left inside the engine which was the culprit!
Sir, can you please elaborate where a couple of screws could be put inside an engine?

Nevertheless, suggest that we stick to the thread title rather than Ignite Electra!
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:28   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir, can you please elaborate where a couple of screws could be put inside an engine?

Nevertheless, suggest that we stick to the thread title rather than Ignite Electra!
I wish i could! Unfortunately, what transpired was 20 years back when i could barely even drive and i was hardly interested in cars at that stage so i wouldnt have a clue, now would i but i do remember the blasting they were given as i was present. Unforgettable day! All KP could do was to apologise which is always easier said than done. Your right, better stick to the thread rather than Ignite a already Ignite-d Electra.

Last edited by Smooth Sailing : 23rd May 2009 at 14:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks