Improvement Needed 18 10.11%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 13:02   #31
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
So far, the only problem (if it can be called that!) from Hyundai A.S.S. seems to be exterior cleaning of the car. Discounting MKH's case because i dont think a service center exists in the world that will satisfy him when it comes to cleaning.

I guess service centers that deal with large volumes will have more "meets expectations" than "exceeds expectations" because for them it becomes utterly important to deliver on time, ensuring the customer is not dissatisfied.
about your comment, u bet. Now i tell them, do all the regular stuff, do underbody wash, BUT NO outside washing.
Even then, they must be careful about not leaving that weird smell inside the car, which i think none will like.
It also will depend on what service center people have visited, i know those who will go to IRR Trident will come back a little disappointed for SURE, as they handle HUGE volumes and even though they have taken measures, still a lot to improve. Its just not possible for them to satisfy all looking at the volumes( with over 10K people in EGL, imagine the load with all hyundai cars coming to them!!!) They need a bigger space or maybe another center close by. I suggest people who can, go to Jakkasandra- much much better. People who have had good experiences and can recommend some people, do so, will help the rest

Last edited by mkh : 20th April 2010 at 13:10.
Old 20th April 2010, 13:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Trident Yeswantapur
i do not have words to explain. They lack in all departments, only money minded, do not care for customers. Had couple of bad experiences with them.
Advaith Rajajinagar
Far better than Trident, Couple of the Advisors know how to take care of the customers. So full marks to them.
But i feel Hyundai should do something in improving the knowledge of the advisors.
Old 20th April 2010, 13:29   #33
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Trident Yeswantapur
i do not have words to explain. They lack in all departments, only money minded, do not care for customers. Had couple of bad experiences with them.
Advaith Rajajinagar
Far better than Trident, Couple of the Advisors know how to take care of the customers. So full marks to them.
But i feel Hyundai should do something in improving the knowledge of the advisors.
What do they really do with the feedback form we fill? In fact the same for anyone who gets this filled? Do they throw it away? If not, i have never heard back when i gave any comment!!!Maybe they can see the posts here and get a hint on what to do for improvement!
Old 20th April 2010, 13:39   #34
BHPian

The 1st service of my car was done from HMP, Delhi and the service was very bad. I had a problem of wheel alignment and they did not fix it properly.
Since then my car is being serviced by Capital Hyundai in Noida. I would rate Capital Hyundai as "Exceeds Expectations" and HMP as "Below Expectations".
Old 20th April 2010, 13:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Below Expectations

I have a 2 year old Santro Xing and gave it for service to S. Vidya service station in Dwarka, New Delhi for service 6 months back for a scheduled service.

These morons charged me 2800 Rs for the service, car wasnt cleaned properly, when i told them they arrogantly told me "Aisa hi hoga". A month later when i checked all fluids, even the engine oil wasnt fully filled.

I commited the mistake of leaving car because i trusted Hyundai A.S.S, i always stand by the svc when i get my Linea serviced because i dont trust them but Hyundai's service has really dropped below standards.

A stark contrast to when we bought our 1st 2000 Model Santro and got it serviced at Samara Hyundai when service levels were great.

P.S: Warranty is over now and i would get my car serviced outside and treat it with a synthetic oil, car drives so rough wonder if S Vidya even changed the oil.
Old 20th April 2010, 13:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Seems the experiences vary from one service station to another. Do you guys feel this poll should be made multiple choice?
Old 20th April 2010, 13:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
A stark contrast to when we bought our 1st 2000 Model Santro and got it serviced at Samara Hyundai when service levels were great.
Absolutely agree with the statement. They were treating "Customers as King" way back in 1999 when we had a Santro. Off late, i believe now their only motto is to make money. At least they should do justice for the money paid by the customers .
Old 20th April 2010, 14:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

sunrise Hyundai=disastrous
MGF Hyundai=good
Samara Hyundai=average
capital Hyundai, noida=very good

overall I will still give below average, just because of their exaggerated labour rates.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Absolutely agree with the statement. They were treating "Customers as King" way back in 1999 when we had a Santro. Off late, i believe now their only motto is to make money. At least they should do justice for the money paid by the customers .
Nice to see someone agreeing with me. Believe me i regret exchanging my old Santro for a Xing now. Not that Xing is a bad car, even with 100 cc less i liked my earlier Santro more than the Xing and my dad thinks the same.

It ran 90k kms without a rattle and my Xing in 21k has rattle in left door and sqeaks from behind. Even the build quality was better earlier. That required service 10k kms/12 months but now Hyundai changed to 6months/5k kms
All done to take more money, never got even feedback calls after service or else i would have screwed S Vidya up.

They were treating us kings earlier because they were in direct competition to Maruti, now they are settled and hardly care.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:10   #40
BANNED

For me So Far So Good.

At present only gone through 2 free services.

The way they attend my car and clearing my doubts , follow ups after servicing etc are fantastic as of now.

At present i'm rating Trident Hyundai -Kalyan Nagar as Excellent and Outstanding.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

I have purchased my i10 from Advaith Outer Ring Road and got the first 3 free services done there. The experience has always been pleasant. (I prefer to get the car serviced on weekdays as the workload is less, hence more personal attention is given)

At the time of delivery, the service advisor is always available near the reception area. He will properly explain the charges in the service bill. He will give you the feedback form to be filled and not insist on giving good feedback unnecessarily.

After 2-3 days, the agency calls back to enquire whether the customer is happy with the servicing. They again call back after a month or so to check if the customer is happy with the performance of the vehicle.

I had visited Advaith Service Centre on Mission Road once for installing gear lock. This place is horrible. The mechanics spoilt the interiors of my car, there was a lot of dust on the carpet area and there were grease marks on the seat covers. There were scratches and damage on the plastic panels below the dashboard.

The feedback forms are never provided to the customer. They fill the feedback forms themselves, I have seen it with my own eyes.

I specifically asked for a feedback form and gave bad feedback, still nobody called to enquire what happened.

I would never visit this service centre again.

I can't understand how 2 branches of the same agency can be so different.

Rohan
Old 20th April 2010, 15:50   #42
BHPian

I voted for Exceeds Expectations. I have tried HMP chennai and have a good experience with them so far. My experience with them is explained in detail in the following post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1803263
Old 20th April 2010, 16:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have been with KUN Hyundai (Thiruvanmiyur-Kottivaakam) ever since I bought my car, and the experience consistently exceeds my expectations. Any problem I mention is fixed promptly, and any new problems found are checked with me over phone if it involves a cost. Warranty replacements are a breeze. Fellow BHPians who have been recommended by me also have had good experiences.

I am not rating them excellent and outstanding, as there are always scope for improvement. In this case, at time I have found the car interiors tad dirty because of the work carried out - which of course have been cleaned the moment I point out.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 20th April 2010 at 16:06.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

I have already posted my service experience with Hyundai in another thread. Anyway, repeating it here.

This is my experience with the Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai. My Getz 1.3 met with a minor accident and I went in for the body work with them. I also wanted to have a thorough checkup done on my car. For this reason, I requested them to do the regular service too. The guy attending me denied it saying that he is in-charge of only body work and I need to make a booking for the regular service. I went to the service reception and requested the same. They told me that I can get my car serviced only after one month since all other dates are full for them . This is the kind of service extended by Hyundai to its customers. Even if a car met with an accident, they don't do any kind of service except for the damaged part work. I immediately went to the general manager of the service dept. and told him the situation and he promised me that they will do complete service and checkup.

The story doesn't end here. When I took the delivery of the car, few problems reported by me were not worked at all. To add further frustration, the car was not clean at all. Interiors were very bad. When I complained on this, the attending person tried to convince me with his own style. Since, I had a emergency meeting at my office, I left there and decided to take this on later. The same day, I mailed a detailed complaint to the Hyundai Customer care at cr@hmil.net. The very next morning, I got a call from the HMP and they said they will do a rework on my car and asked me to bring my car there. I immediately denied it and said my car needs to be picked up by them at their own fuel cost and needs to be delivered at my door step. After some convincing talks they agreed. They picked my car from my office and delivered at my office itself. The car was clean this time. Still, I am not fully satisfied with their work. Some problems like rattling noise at the door still persists. From that day, I decided not to go to HMP, Chennai again.

Hyundai is always believed to provide better A.S.S. than other brands like FIAT , Ford and GM. But, I think this is all illusion that we have in our mind. The kind of customer service extended by Hyundai is pathetic at least at the HMP, Chennai. They virtually act like robots and not humans. They absolutely don't have any quality policy nor worried about the customer service.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:30   #45

I have never returned from Modi Hyundai service centre as a happy person. They are very courteous and appear genuinely interested, however their execution is very poor. Everytime they solve a problem it re-appears in a week's time.
The most horrifying experience was when my brake pads on the rear tyre broke off just after two days of servicing. I asked them why didnt they notice worn off brake pads in the regular service checking. The brakes surely make the service checklist, they said they look at it only when reported as a problem. Have never got my car serviced from them since.

Having said that, it is not difficult to find mechanics who have good knowledge of Hyundai cars. Hence I have been getting my car service from another generic auto repair shop and have been happy since.

Have voted meets expectation because even though the Hyundai authorised service center is bad in my area, I still have plenty of options around to get my car looked after.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks