Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2024, 12:44   #5626
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Nopes, I have comprehensive only as the car is nearing 10 years mark.

Will claiming third party damage from the truck's insurance be any better or it will work on similar guidelines?
Would take you a few years, if at all possible.
In India third party damage is NOT to be claimed.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 08:50   #5627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
My Sonet's 1st year insurance renewal is up in a few days. Have been getting calls from the dealership to renew with their empanelled providers: GoDigit, Bajaj Allianz, New India Assurance. .. Not many reviews on Kotak on the web, hence wanted to ask here.
I finally checked with the KIA service team at my dealer on which insurance is hassle free in their experience and went with Tata AIG based on this. For an IDV of 9.5L, premium was 13.8k incl GST. Was offered 9 add-ons from TATA AIG directly: RTI, Zero Dep, Engine-GB Protect, Key replacement, Emergency hotel+travel, consumables, RSA, personal belongings, tyre secure.
Have carried forward the 50% NCB from my earlier sold off car and got this benefit in the new car purchased insurance and the renewal this time.
Old 24th February 2024, 17:47   #5628
BHPian

My BMW x1 is due for insurance renewal on March 9th. Its a 2021 model and I had claimed in the last year, so the typical insurance from ICICI/Bajaj/Tata is around 1 lakh for zero dep with engine protect.

However, the car is on company name and I have applied for transfer which on records should happen post March 18th (date of registration).

Is it worth not having an insurance (assuming I dont use it for couple of weeks) and then claim NCB from my personal insurance of three years back?

Also,I am getting insurance from oriental and national at 45k, do they have issues?
Old 24th February 2024, 17:51   #5629
BHPian

Need some urgent advice. Long story short, our car got submerged in chennai floods and the insurance company is replacing the car as per the RTI add-on.

Now the dealer is refusing to negotiate on insurance saying I have to pay whatever they quote because though it’s a brand new car, it’s coming from insurance. Can I buy insurance outside of the dealer during RTI enforced replacement?

As per RTI, they are supposed to pay for “own damage” and “third party” of the new insurance policy. Will they also pay for own damage and third party if I buy insurance from outside?

Or do I have absolutely no leverage here and am a hostage to the dealer’s extremely inflated insurance quote.

For reference, it’s a BMW and the dealer is quoting 3.4 lakhs for the insurance. When I had bought the original car, I had negotiated it down to 1.5 lakhs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th February 2024, 17:16   #5630

Hi All,

My 2017 Maruti Ignis AMT is due for renewal and I am super confused as to which company to go with. Looking for zero dep, engine cover and comprehensive cover.

I would appreciate your inputs please. Thank you.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th February 2024 at 17:21. Reason: Minor edits
Old 28th February 2024, 19:34   #5631
BHPian

I'm about to renew my car's insurance and have been looking into the add-ons. I've decided to continue with the Kia Safety package, and the best quote I've received is for ICICI Lombard. However, I'm confused about the tyre protection.

The clause reads,

Quote:
If your tyre gets damaged, but your vehicle is unaffected and remains intact, the tyre protection add-on cover will not include the cost of replacing the tyre. You will have to pay for it.
But, isn't that the whole purpose of tyre cover? Because if the vehicle is affected, wouldn't the tyre be covered anyway?

Also, in the "What's not covered" section of Policybazaar,
Quote:
If service is done at an unauthorized garage or service centre
Wouldn't that allow the insurer to reject a claim for a repaired tyre?

Apart from that, I wonder how practical it would be to have the tyre inspected by them and get the replacement during an event.

I started reading the policy wording in detail because the premium difference is more than 3k just for the tyre cover, key cover, and personal belongings. After looking at the exclusions, the tyre cover and personal belongings don't make much sense.
Old 28th February 2024, 19:48   #5632
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it possible to apply for NCB certificate online? I couldn't find any links on IFFCO TOKIO website.
Old 28th February 2024, 21:01   #5633
BHPian

Posting this query on behalf of my friend.

"I have a kiger that met with an accident and the insurance company has declared it a total loss and is now asking me to hand over the damaged car to a buyer recommended by them, along with 2 keys, an insurance copy and an RC original. The buyer will fix the car and sell it later."

Insurance company is HDFC.

My queries:
1. What's the guarantee that the damaged car buyer will fix sell and do an RC transfer? As, if the rc transfer is not completed, I will be at risk.
2. How can someone resell a total loss declared car with RC to someone else?
3. Can I insist the insurance company scrap the car instead of selling it? To be on a safer side.
4. Will the insurance company pay me the towing charges, crane lifting charges, and almost 30k of parking charges for the immobile car? Or are these to be borne fully by me?

Sorry for the long list of questions, but the surveyor and insurance folks are shady in their conversations so far.

Last edited by SS80 : 28th February 2024 at 21:03.
Old 28th February 2024, 21:40   #5634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseud View Post
Is it worth not having an insurance (assuming I dont use it for couple of weeks) and then claim NCB from my personal insurance of three years back?...

Not having an insurance is illegal. At least get 3rd party done now (there is no NCB on 3rd party premium). After three days get the "own damage" part covered with NCB. Mind you it will involve a thorough re-examination of the car. You may have to drive it to the insurance office or deal with an "inspector" appointed by the insurance company.

Hth,
-BJ

PS: NCB certificate is valid only for 3 years from the date of issue. So check the dates on the certificate.

Last edited by bj96 : 28th February 2024 at 21:41. Reason: PS
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 22:49   #5635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post

1. What's the guarantee that the damaged car buyer will fix sell and do an RC transfer? As, if the rc transfer is not completed, I will be at risk.

Get a signature on the delivery note and all forms for selling. Keep one copy with you. Hand over as directed by the firm. They will make you fill a stamp deed as well which will have ask the details including handing over, amount received from the buyer etc. After all they are paying you. The stamp deed in itself with all details mentioned is good enough, the others are an insurance for you.

Quote:

2. How can someone resell a total loss declared car with RC to someone else?

It’s a total loss from the point of view of economic repair at the authorised svc. A buyer may be ok with repairing at a fng in such case the repair could cost a fraction. He might even sell it at a profit. It is not being deregistered. The company is well within its right to sell the car and recover part of his payout to you.

Quote:
3. Can I insist the insurance company scrap the car instead of selling it? To be on a safer side.

No, you cannot. It’s their prerogative. Safer from what? As I said, the legal agreement will clearly state you receive xyz rs from the firm and abc from the buyer towards purchase of your car.
Later on, after a reasonable time, you bat send a copy of all these to the rto and inform them of the ownership transfer.

Quote:
4. Will the insurance company pay me the towing charges, crane lifting charges, and almost 30k of parking charges for the immobile car? Or are these to be borne fully by me?

No, these are your liability. His is limited to the idv. By the way, you must negotiate for reduction of the parking charges. I got them down from nearly a lakh to 15k(I think) for over 8 months of parking. They will agree. After all, it is free earnings for them.

Quote:
Sorry for the long list of questions, but the surveyor and insurance folks are shady in their conversations so far.
That’s their standard practice unfortunately.

All my answers above are from my total loss for which I was paid in full, adopted to de register my car, hand over to a scrap dealer identified by the firm, part payment from the insurance firm and rest from the scrap dealer (totalling to the idv).

Last edited by handsofsteel : 28th February 2024 at 23:00.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 08:48   #5636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is it possible to apply for NCB certificate online? I couldn't find any links on IFFCO TOKIO website.
None of the Insurance cos provide NCB certificate online. It has to be requested for to the Insurance co and either delivered in soft copy over mail or hard copy at the branch office.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 10:33   #5637
BHPian

I just got a new Car [Seltos] few days ago and sold off my Ritz D. Had few questions regarding NCB Transfer Letter.

- There is a name mismatch in my Ritz RC and Seltos RC. Ritz RC just includes my first name + father's name and the Seltos RC includes my first name + father's name + surname. I am in the process of requesting NCB Transfer Letter from the Ritz Insurance Provider [HDFC Ergo]. Will this slight name mismatch cause any Issues for me in claiming NCB with my new Seltos Insurance Provider [Bajaj Allianz]? I have the Govt. Gazette Copy as proof of Name Change, if i need to provide it.

- As NCB is valid for 3 Yrs., can it only be adjusted when the Annual Insurance Renewal comes up? Or is refund of that amount also an option?

- I have a 50% NCB on Ritz. Which component of Insurance will the 50% NCB apply? Just the Own Damage part?

- Just creating a situation for clarification purpose. If i make any Insurance Claim for my new Seltos before i transfer the NCB of Ritz which is valid for 3 Yrs, will i be able to take the benefit of 50% NCB of Ritz or it will be Void since i made a Claim on my new Car?

If someone could help clarify the above doubts, that would be great. Thanks.
Old 1st March 2024, 11:06   #5638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Will this slight name mismatch cause any Issues for me in claiming NCB with my new Seltos Insurance Provider [Bajaj Allianz]? I have the Govt. Gazette Copy as proof of Name Change, if i need to provide it.
Should not be an issue as long the new car Insurance co is OK in crediting the NCB during Insurance purchase.

Quote:
As NCB is valid for 3 Yrs., can it only be adjusted when the Annual Insurance Renewal comes up? Or is refund of that amount also an option?
Better to use it during the Insurance purchase. Alternatively if the new car Insurance co does not have any means of using the NCB for insurance purchase ask them to refund the equivalent NCB amount post insurance purchase and ensure the NCB reflects in the new car Insurance policy docs. You can still use the NCB during the first year renewal too.

Quote:
I have a 50% NCB on Ritz. Which component of Insurance will the 50% NCB apply? Just the Own Damage part?
Only on Own damage premium will the NCB discount be applied.

Quote:
Just creating a situation for clarification purpose. If i make any Insurance Claim for my new Seltos before i transfer the NCB of Ritz which is valid for 3 Yrs, will i be able to take the benefit of 50% NCB of Ritz or it will be Void since i made a Claim on my new Car?
If you make the claim in the first year of car ownership, you can still use the NCB during first renewal. Ensure to keep the Insurance co updated of the NCB applicable.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 12:51   #5639

Insurance Advice

Mod note: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread before opening a new one. Thanks.

I have 2016 Honda Jazz, which over the years have has some scratches and bruises and recently a big dent. After the big dent, I decided to send in for repair. Now TATA AIG (my insurer) tells me old damage is not covered and hence only new damage will be covered. That apparently is the rule of the land. Is this true? My 3 pages insurance policy doesn't mention anything like that, but they say it is mentioned in the wording.

I was given a quote for 46k and insurance was passed for only 19k. Do I have any options to fight this or I should just swallow it and move on ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st March 2024 at 13:44.
Old 3rd March 2024, 14:44   #5640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Should not be an issue as long the new car Insurance co is OK in crediting the NCB during Insurance purchase.

Better to use it during the Insurance purchase. Alternatively if the new car Insurance co does not have any means of using the NCB for insurance purchase ask them to refund the equivalent NCB amount post insurance purchase and ensure the NCB reflects in the new car Insurance policy docs. You can still use the NCB during the first year renewal too.
Thank you for responding to my queries ghodlur. Have 1 more query...While talking to my Old Car Insurance Company 'HDFC Ergo' regarding NCB Letter, the person at the other end requested to provide a Cancel Cheque and stated they will be refunding the NCB Amount to me. Is this the correct approach? As per my understanding, they should be providing me with a NCB Transfer letter, that I need to provide to the New Insurance Company, correct?

As an illustration, the OD Part of my Old Car Insurance is only 1000/-. So, if they refund me 50% NCB, it will only be 500/-. Whereas, the OD Component of my New Car Insurance is 50000/-. So, by showing the 50% NCB Transfer letter to the New Insurance Company, I should be getting a benefit of 25000/-. Is my understanding and calculations correct on this?

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks