Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 18:38   #241
Senior - BHPian

My Alto's comprehensive insurance is due for renewal (for second time) in a few months, and I am apprehensive about ICICI lombard (though they have a tie-up with my dealer) after reading this thread. I think I'll go with Oriental Insurance this time (only because I have a friend in one of the Oriental offices).

Any disadvantages of changing the insurance company? How do I ensure that I don't loose the no-claim bonus? What if ICICI Lombard falsely informs Oriental that I have claimed my insurance?

I normally don't claim insurance unless the amount is very very high, because of the following incident:
Dad's M800 had a paint job on the front passenger door (bike rammed on the door from the side) , and he took it to the dealer in Trivandrum. The first question is "Do you have insurance". The bill was 10,000 Rs and he had to pay upfront to get the car. Later, the insurance company gave us a refund of 4,500 Rs (due to depreciation, we lost 5500 Rs). My Cielo (same manufacturing year) had the passenger door rammed by a bike, and I took it to a local dealer and lied to him that I don't have insurance. I got the door painted for 1500 Rs. And after 2 years, I feel the cielo was painted better!

Last edited by jinojohnt : 9th April 2010 at 18:40.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2010, 09:31   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I think I'll go with Oriental Insurance this time (only because I have a friend in one of the Oriental offices).
That is the best thing

Having friends and relatives in insurance company makes your job simple at all the times. Only point is check with your service guy with whom he has a cash less tie-up?

Cashless is the best facility you can have because you know in advance that, how much you will pay, how much will be given by insurance company.
Old 17th April 2010, 23:14   #243
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Tata Indigo's insurance is up for renewal. As always, we shopped around for the best deals. My accountant comes up to me yesterday and tells me "Compared to our current insurance provider, ICICI is offering a substantially cheaper rate. Should I confirm?".

NO WAYS is what I told him. I'm unwilling to deal with ICICI for any of my financial / insurance requirements.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:24   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Tata Indigo's insurance is up for renewal. As always, we shopped around for the best deals. My accountant comes up to me yesterday and tells me "Compared to our current insurance provider, ICICI is offering a substantially cheaper rate. Should I confirm?".

NO WAYS is what I told him. I'm unwilling to deal with ICICI for any of my financial / insurance requirements.
Absolutely right GTO,We better steer clear of ICICI after reading so much about them
Old 8th July 2010, 11:13   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Fully agree. I have only two companies in my black list - ICICI and Reliance. Have vowed not to use or subscribe to any of their services even if free.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:30   #246
Senior - BHPian

I too have read many complaints about ICICI insurance as well as car loan dealings
(I think there are many complaints even in this forum also?).
National, oriental all seems good and ofcourse now Bajaj Allianz also faring well as far as the car insurance is concerned!
Old 8th July 2010, 16:56   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Fully agree. I have only two companies in my black list - ICICI and Reliance. Have vowed not to use or subscribe to any of their services even if free.
+1 to this. I am also of the same opinion. These both companies are great as far as cheating the customer's is concern.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:28   #248
BHPian

Absolutely agree with everyone here - Stay away from ICICI Bank at all costs. After being a loyal Banking and Credit Card for more than 3 years they harassed me for more than 4 months for Rs.1200 for a Credit Card Rewards point gift they never delivered.

After nearly 30-40 phone calls, countless emails they finally conceded they had delivered the gift to the wrong address and agreed to reverse the charges.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:10   #249
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Reliance.
I'm actually a very happy Reliance customer. Use their Broadband+ internet, two cell phone connections and an insurance cover. Had one claim and it was cleared (cashless) with no problems at all.

ICICI = Zero relations. And I intend to keep it that way.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:05   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm actually a very happy Reliance customer. Use their Broadband+ internet, two cell phone connections and an insurance cover. Had one claim and it was cleared (cashless) with no problems at all.

ICICI = Zero relations. And I intend to keep it that way.

How I wish I read this thread a week earlier

I recently bought a vehicle and the dealer has a tie up with ICICI. I have got the cover letter and I was told that it takes a month for the policy to come. But after reading this I really do not want to go ahead with ICICI, can thing be done now? Kindly help as I am completely new to all this and this is the first time I am buying a four wheeler and I really do not have the adeptness to deal with ICICI if they behave like the way they did!!
Old 6th February 2012, 22:23   #251
Senior - BHPian

First time I came across this thread and I patiently went through the entire thread.
More than the treatment and attitude of ICICI bank, I found the legal system more scarry and helpless. A person like me (no big jacks and no big pockets) would most probably be torn apart by the legal system in the first place. Just the thought of being in such a situation (police wrongly favoring other party, etc) feels so helpless and torturing.
May God be with the common men.

Last edited by Samurai : 7th February 2012 at 00:06. Reason: PM sent
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:53   #252
BHPian

Re: ICICI - Blatant cheating of customers & the (In)justice that is passed of as the

I had an offer for renewing my BMW X1 insurance from ICICI Lombard at a much lower price (to the extent of 20k including BMW secure), but looks like they are a big joke, will stick to my evergreen Bajaj Allianz, thanks to this thread.
Old 26th February 2013, 07:36   #253
BHPian

There is also another point to be noted here, ICICI has a larger market share as well as they dont place any cap on number of claims in a year (many insurance companies put a cap of two claims in a year) in which case i believe they do have to resort to such practices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks