Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 10:08   #31
BHPian

It is probably the same reason why we keep the plastic cover on the TV remote. Dont want to let go of the new feeling. I knew of a guy in US who did not remove the plastic wrapping in the handle of his tennis racket (reason given by him: his hands sweats a lot)
As for me, I removed the ribbon (pink) in the show room itself. Kept that and gave it to my neighbours daughter and she was happier than if she had gotten a barbie doll :-)
Old 17th May 2007, 10:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday on my way back home, I saw a Silky Silver Baleno with the ribbon strung across it (from boot to hood). Given that Balenos are not being sold for some months now, I am not sure what this is about. Do TrueValue (used car sales) also put the ribbon on the used cars that they sell ?
Or is he running around with the original ribbon that came with the new car, in place for months ?
Old 17th May 2007, 11:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

SB..

If you wanna sell your car and make a prospective buyer get the new car feel..then the Ribbon is the way to go...The used car scene is getting better by the day and maybe some dealer decided to make use of this opportunity, hence the ribbon..
Old 17th May 2007, 12:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

yeah i can hear the car dealers go "minnnt condition saar, 8000 kms wonly, worginal paint, even worginal ribbon still there. perfect only no...."

[ Do they really expect folks to believe that the 3 year old car you're buying has done 17k kms and has had no scratch whatsoever...in Blore traffic ? ]
Old 18th May 2007, 15:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
[ Do they really expect folks to believe that the 3 year old car you're buying has done 17k kms and has had no scratch whatsoever...in Blore traffic ? ]
Yeah, why not, it could be a car like zenx's reduxed OHC, couldn't it ?
Old 18th May 2007, 15:14   #36
BHPian

Ha, stupidity to the core to keep the covers on..reminds me of my friend who had bought a NHC in chennai and we drive back to Bangalore with the seat plastic covers on!! Imagine how I would have suffered the enire journey!!
Old 18th May 2007, 15:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

I agree that most of the people keep the plastic cover sto conserve the neatness of the seat covers.I find it very annoying as it spoils the beauty of the car.
I have made sure to get the covers and others newbees removed before my cars left the showroom.
Other observations which is common: Tissue boxes given by dealers stay on the front console for loooooooooooooooooooong time even if the tissues are over.In nice cars such as Honda vity,Verna it spoils the beauty.Also these tissue boxes carry odd names like one i saw in a verna - Dimple Tissues !!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL
Old 18th May 2007, 15:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

I kept my covers on till I got my registration Number. Oh btw My visor still has covers but dont find a reason to remove them either.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:44   #39
BHPian

I had kept my plastic covers for about a week till all the accessories were being fitted. These installers usually have dirty hands and they either lean or sit on seat dirtying them with grease stains etc. This is also the reason why I put seat covers in the end of accessories list.

These problems are solved if you have an installer as iraghava has.
Old 18th May 2007, 16:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Do TrueValue (used car sales) also put the ribbon on the used cars that they sell ?
Yes they do. My neighbour bought a 11 year old carb M800 from true value, and its got a ribbon too..
Old 18th May 2007, 16:15   #41
Team-BHP Support

The plastic covering on the visors of my Ikon are still intact, about 8 months since i bought it. In no hurry to remove them, though.
Old 18th May 2007, 16:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
The plastic covering on the visors of my Ikon are still intact, about 8 months since i bought it. In no hurry to remove them, though.
Have them on my >2 year old Baleno too. Don't know why I did not remove them for such a long time. And anyway no one really notices it, so let it be there.
Old 18th May 2007, 16:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yes they do. My neighbour bought a 11 year old carb M800 from true value, and its got a ribbon too..

hey guys ...

even when i bought my Zen from true value [Magic Auto, New Delhi] they gave me the delivery with RED Ribbon on it....

But the first thing i did when i reached my home was I REMOVED IT
Old 18th May 2007, 16:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

I had requested the sales man to remove all the covers before they do the door delivery.

Yesterday only noticed that cover on visors intact (june 05 model). As SB pointed out, no one noticed it (including me)

Last edited by Surprise : 18th May 2007 at 16:34.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:50   #45
BHPian

I remember one of our relatives has bought grinder-mixer and they had made holes in the cardboard box to operate it.
They have not removed the box itself.
I think this is the height if all we have discussed above !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks