Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:54   #61
BHPian

Re: SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version)

I really wish HM could create a retro Amby. At the same time, the unionised work culture at HM is never going to do that successfully. Sigh. :(
Old 10th February 2011, 17:58   #62
BHPian

This does not look any different from usual Ambassador; are we sure this is a new version or something? Also, how come the number plate says WB (i.e. West Bengal) if this is being tested in Pune? Am not sure if we are right in all our assumptions here.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
This does not look any different from usual Ambassador; are we sure this is a new version or something? Also, how come the number plate says WB (i.e. West Bengal) if this is being tested in Pune? Am not sure if we are right in all our assumptions here.
That is because HM is in Bengal and Onio designs who are rumoured to be redesigning the car are in Pune
Old 11th February 2011, 10:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
That is because HM is in Bengal and Onio designs who are rumoured to be redesigning the car are in Pune
Pardon my ignorance, but if the car is being tested in Pune, shouldn't it have a MH plate? It shouldn't have a WB plate just because HM is in Bengal.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:11   #65
BHPian

That is because onio designs were given cars from HM factory to work on for prototyping
Old 11th February 2011, 11:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but if the car is being tested in Pune,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
That is because onio designs were given cars from HM factory to work on for prototyping
All of the above is true. Infact, the car is at one of the premier design (interior & fashion + Architechture) college where some experienced souls are designing it.

PS: These experiened souls are "rich" kids who have moved here to study designing.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:51   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
All of the above is true. Infact, the car is at one of the premier design (interior & fashion + Architechture) college where some experienced souls are designing it.

PS: These experiened souls are "rich" kids who have moved here to study designing.
yes Amit you are right but the college has been given the car as for only an excercise for the transportation design students. the main reason is because of the HM's boss's daughter studying there. The car is still lying there at the college untouched.

as for the "real" deal, Onio designs are the ones working on the project.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is still lying there at the college untouched.
OT: Oh, I thought that the car was disected as per the information I had received.

Quote:
as for the "real" deal, Onio designs are the ones working on the project.
That is nice. Hope that they maintain that retro look.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:19   #69
BHPian

no yaar amit i went there two weeks ago and only the bumpers and the headlight was removed. although i did see some student sketches and an initial clay model 1:12 size development. Although there was barely any movement on that particular project.

regarding the amby the retro look is maintained but dont keep your expectations too high. thats all i can permit myself to say.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

For your kind information,out of the three aforementioned fields,only one is included in the academic curriculum of the concerned institution.

Secondly,please elaborate on what you mean by "rich" kids.Not only you are grossly misinformed,you have the nerve to point a finger at movements you've barely any idea about. That too on a public forum.

As a student of the concerned institution,I'd suggest that please keep your distorted opinions to yourself.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no yaar amit i went there two weeks ago and only the bumpers and the headlight was removed. although i did see some student sketches and an initial clay model 1:12 size development. Although there was barely any movement on that particular project.

regarding the amby the retro look is maintained but dont keep your expectations too high. thats all i can permit myself to say.
That is some interesting development.

OT: why do I have a feeling that I know you?
Old 11th February 2011, 16:51   #72
BHPian

Artists' impressions:
Pic 1)courtesy Indian Autosblog.
Pics 2) and 3) Your's truly. (As per my imagination & abilities)
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version)-2011newhmambassador.jpg  

SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version)-hm.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th February 2011, 17:35   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Am looking forward to the new Amby, but this CS rendition above truly IMHO looks like a puppy without it's tail, or rather like a pig.
No offence there @Arkin evoisrevo. Forget the cut short boot, they could have retained the slight fin tail style instead of this dropback.

Last edited by DicKy : 11th February 2011 at 17:39.
Old 11th February 2011, 17:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
For your kind information,out of the three aforementioned fields,only one is included in the academic curriculum of the concerned institution.

Secondly,please elaborate on what you mean by "rich" kids.Not only you are grossly misinformed,you have the nerve to point a finger at movements you've barely any idea about. That too on a public forum.

As a student of the concerned institution,I'd suggest that please keep your distorted opinions to yourself.
Although we are going OT here, but knowing the fees, I do not think any average Teen can afford to study here. Besides, I am not pointing finger in the negative sense, I have no intentions of doing that. Rich people can be associated with good taste or modern features in a car; I mentioned it in that sense. Apologies if you felt bad.

Secondly, I am giving my view on an open public forum and I am entitled for it. I may be wrong and that is where friends pitch in to correct who is going wrong. I have all this information about the institue from the parent of a child who is studying there.

Lastly, I do not think I said anything derogatory about the institute that you felt so offended.

I am out of here.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

Ambassador will not be a commercial success even if it removes most of its tail and some of its front. Ensuing price reduction for CS will only bring it on par with Indica, not on par with a Maruti 800.

Most Viewed