Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2019, 20:37   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
See if you can unearth pictures of something called the Porter from HM.

Regards
Sutripta
A quick google search led to this:

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-images-3.jpeg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 12:00   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!

Did HM really launch the Veer in limited markets?

Except for their press photos cannot find anything else on the internet.

Would really like to see the variant with the flush loadbay.
Old 20th May 2019, 15:19   #138
BHPian

In month September 2017 I spotted this "Veer" in small town of Jharkhand, "Giridih". It was lying in road side garage.With further inquiries with garage people, I was told that one person who is very fond of AMBASSADOR cars has bought it directly from Kolkata for resell purpose. Unfortunately he didn't find any buyer and thus it is rotting. It is still with temporary registration number. Going through this thread I recalled it and found some snaps in my cell phone. There was one another model of Ambassador car and people told me that it hasn't been remodeled and very original from factory. Experts can judge the authenticity of this fact.
Attached Thumbnails
OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-img_20170924_143912.jpg  

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-img_20170924_143919.jpg  

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-img_20170924_144035.jpg  

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-img_20170924_144509.jpg  

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-img_20170924_144521.jpg  

rch_vijayant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 15:36   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rch_vijayant View Post
In month September 2017 I spotted this "Veer" in small town of Jharkhand, "Giridih". It was lying in road side garage.With further inquiries with garage people, I was told that one person who is very fond of AMBASSADOR cars has bought it directly from Kolkata for resell purpose. Unfortunately he didn't find any buyer and thus it is rotting. It is still with temporary registration number. Going through this thread I recalled it and found some snaps in my cell phone. There was one another model of Ambassador car and people told me that it hasn't been remodeled and very original from factory. Experts can judge the authenticity of this fact.

6134 seems to be still registered with HM, which means this could be one of the prototypes that never made it to mass production. Surely a collectible.
Old 20th May 2019, 15:55   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

That 6134 should be a collector's item. I have seen a SWB Amby - another prototype. But this one has a longer 2nd row, and shorter boot. This should be another of the prototypes that HM tried.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks