Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 22:21   #76
BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Lack of colour options is not the only thing killing TATA. I wish if they would rather improve the under hood package than the mere cosmetic changes. The TATA quality is horrid. When I recently went for injector replacements on my Marina Dicor The true picture dawned on me. There I was cribbing on injector failure @50K kms while I met 2 gentlemen who were already on their 2nd set well this side of 50K Km mark. You name the problem that might be in an engine and chances are that the TATA cars would be in the 60% bracket of having been through them already. Poor after sales, cheap equipment, poor manufacturing, lots of defects are in my view what are driving the customers away, repeat ones especially.
As far as being reliable, Tatas have proven their worth. You probably got a lemon. But the testament to Tata's reliability is shown by the number of taxis. And you probably should read around the forum where people have claimed to over one lakh miles covered with ease on a tata.
In my opinion, they are very reliable cars and very very easy to maintain and have the spares are the cheapest. Yes they come with their share of minor issues, but for the price you couldn't get a better car.
Old 9th August 2011, 23:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
As far as being reliable, Tatas have proven their worth. You probably got a lemon. But the testament to Tata's reliability is shown by the number of taxis. And you probably should read around the forum where people have claimed to over one lakh miles covered with ease on a tata.
In my opinion, they are very reliable cars and very very easy to maintain and have the spares are the cheapest. Yes they come with their share of minor issues, but for the price you couldn't get a better car.
As of 2011 prices Tata's cars are no longer cheap in prices.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

I shall refrain from posting lest this argument goes totally OT but I think we all know what is what as far as TATA is concerned. The number of Taxis is no indication of reliability but only the cheap prices of the product. Period.
Old 11th August 2011, 01:22   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
As of 2011 prices Tata's cars are no longer cheap in prices.
Cheapest Maruti (apart from M800): Alto Std. (Ex-SR Bangalore): 240,466
Cheapest Hyundai: Santro Non A/C (Ex-SR Bangalore): 284,157
Cheapest Chevrolet: Spark 1.0 E (Ex-SR Bangalore): 310,038
Cheapest Tata (apart from nano): Indica eV2 Xeta GL (Ex-SR Bangalore): 299,883

Not the cheapest, definitely, but VFM for sure...
as the tag line went - "More Car Per Car"

btw, Cheapest car in the world: Nano (Ex-SR Bangalore): 150,209

Disclaimer(s):
  1. I do NOT work for Tata.
  2. I do NOT own a Tata.
  3. Above prices from manufacturer websites.
alphavictor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 15:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

More spy pics of the new Vista. Source Autocar India.

Link to the aritcle - Indica Vista facelift spy pics | Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-img0131a.jpg  

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-img0133a.jpg  

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-img0135a.jpg  

safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 15:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

ACI has reported sighting of the Tata Vista facelift. Here is the link to the report:

Indica Vista facelift spy pics | Autocar India

Extracts:
Quote:
The refreshed Vista gets a Manza-like front fascia; this includes the reworked front bumper, all-new chrome grille, and new double-barrel headlamps. The rear styling tweaks include redesigned tail-lamps, and a new tailgate appliqué in black that houses the Tata Logo. There will be additional colour shades as well.
The facelifted Vista is also said to adapt a new and more conventional variant naming system, as seen in the car in the spy picture, which has a VX badge on its rear hatch. The top-of-the-line model will be called the ZX, and it will have steering mounted audio controls, power mirrors, 14-inch dual tone alloy wheels (also seen in the Manza), and additional chrome bits on the exterior.
The refreshed Indica Vista will carry over the current engine range. Petrol engines for the Indica Vista include 1.4-litre 64bhp and 1.4-litre 88bhp with VVT while diesel engines are the 1.3-litre 74bhp common rail and a 1.4-litre IDI turbo motor that churns out 70bhp.
Looks better IMO.

PS: Just saw safari_lover's post beating me to post the report with images.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 11th August 2011 at 15:36.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 17:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
More spy pics of the new Vista. Source Autocar India.

Link to the aritcle - Indica Vista facelift spy pics | Autocar India
A careful peek into the 3rd image reveals that the eyesore (to many) centrally mounted console is retained in the upgrade .

Hopefully the quality of interiors (especially the inconsistent gaps) have been taken care off.
Old 11th August 2011, 17:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

But why revert to the conventional naming system of LX's, VX's, ZX's etc?
A very personal opinion, but I always thought that the Vista's naming system was quite unique in the B-segment - the Terra, Aqua, Aura, sounded quite nice, different and pretty sophisticated.
Have a feeling Tata is going after Maruti blindly even to the extent of copying the variant naming system :(
Old 11th August 2011, 18:39   #84
e46
BHPian

if Tata claims this to be a facelift, any lady after a 10 minute make up session would proclaim, they got facelifted.

Abhishek
Old 11th August 2011, 19:14   #85
BHPian

How difficult is it to design tail-lights? Why do we have to keep seeing the same Christmas Tree tail-lights from the past 14 years from the Indica, Vista, Nano, Winger, Aria (I might have missed a few). Its now repulsive.

Last edited by Recompose : 11th August 2011 at 19:15.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:19   #86
BHPian

Before a refresh can help tata out, they need to improve their A$$, or atleast the looks of it!!! From what i have heard, atleast in these parts, you need to be lucky to have a good A$$ experience.
Atleast for other manufacturers, it seems you have to be unlucky to have a bad experience.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:51   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Before a refresh can help tata out, they need to improve their A$$, or atleast the looks of it!!! From what i have heard, atleast in these parts, you need to be lucky to have a good A$$ experience.
Atleast for other manufacturers, it seems you have to be unlucky to have a bad experience.
These are pretty much rumors from few years back which are still doing rounds. Its much improved now and streamlined. You would be surprised if you visited now. And on top at least they dont rip people off with out of the world quotes.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 22:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
These are pretty much rumors from few years back which are still doing rounds. Its much improved now and streamlined. You would be surprised if you visited now. And on top at least they dont rip people off with out of the world quotes.
I do not own a Tata car, but nearly all of my friends and relatives who own a Tata car have nothing but strong criticism of Tata sales and service experiences with the two Tata dealers here in Goa.

Despite their criticism, I had shortlisted a Tata car in December 2010, when I had to buy a car (I eventually bought the I10 ). My experiences at both dealers only reaffirmed the negative opinion about the Tata experience. Their customer service was hardly memorable and their DEMO cars were either out of diesel or were, in fact, brand new cars of other customers.

I have decided to stay away from Tata cars, at least here in Goa. They may truly be Value For Money, but when it comes to ownership experience, it is another VFM -- Very Frustrating Memories!

Last edited by misquitas : 11th August 2011 at 22:02.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:16   #89
BHPian

The grill in the current version is better looking than the new one.

After owning a Vista quadrajet Aura for the past one year, what i can say is that owning it has not been a pleasant experience. i will post more in detail on a long term ownership review shortly (need to get the time)

The car has it high point, the engine, space but the quality control is just not there and the company has no process and will not improve.

It sells as it ticks all the points but once you live with it , you realize why you were warned.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:33   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolg
After owning a Vista quadrajet Aura for the past one year, what i can say is that owning it has not been a pleasant experience. i will post more in detail on a long term ownership review shortly (need to get the time)

The car has it high point, the engine, space but the quality control is just not there and the company has no process and will not improve.

It sells as it ticks all the points but once you live with it , you realize why you were warned.
Same thing has happened to me too. I own a 3 year old vista aura and the experience has been nothing short of irritating. Everytime i got my car serviced I felt like torture. The Tata service is just pathetic. About 50% of the problems which were listed in the job sheet would remain unsorted during every service. There have been strange sounds from seats, bumper, shockers. The plastic is so sharp in some places that u can cut an apple with it. The quality of door locks is poor. Only grace is the engine and gearbox. After every service you get a call from tata call centre but they hardly do anything to solve your issues. They are only concerned with the performance rating and do nothing about it. I have not experienced any improvement in Tata a$$ . Overall I would strictly advice against buying a Tata as its products are no longer VFM. I would rather spend some more money and enjoy trouble free ownership.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks