Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 23:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

The new grille looks really tacky and after-market.
Old 12th August 2011, 02:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Caught recently is the Tata Indica Vista 2011 face-lift in an undisguised avatar near Tata Motors parent plant, ....................
-Indigo Manza based Front Bumper, Chrome lined grille & Chrome accented Fog lamp recess.

Attachment 572277

Source: Scoop 2011 Tata Indica Vista facelift caught testing | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in
Thanks for those zippie scoops TorqueFan. It sure looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Thanks for the news...somehow the vehicle now looks more hideous with that chromification and the verito-ed rear. For god's sake, the yellow car should have a black mesh grille, not the manza-ed chrome. In the second pic, I can see some edition of manza with a lip spoiler on the boot. Another new manza on the cards?
+1 to that Sid. If you look at it more closely, looks to me that the length/size of the tail lamps has decreased. I always hated the lengthy tails the current Manza has. Hopefully my assumptions come up true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Seeing the photos I am wondering is that photo taken in Tata only Country ? All the cars in the picture (other than the in focus ones) are Tata.
You missed the Tata showroom in the background!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
The Manza CS is next to impossible. The current length of Vista is 3795 mm. What can they do with 15 cm? Beyond 15 cm, the length will go above 4 metres and cannot qualify for the 10% excise duty of small cars (instead of 22% for large cars).

The length of the older Indica was only 3690 mm, which gave them lot of room to create a compact sedan.

Pradeep
Not sure how you arrived at this calculation. At 3795 mm, its not 15 mm, it has a whole of 205 mm to touch the 4m mark!

So I think a Manza CS will make a lot of Sense to fill up this gap between the current Vista & the Regular sized Manza, especially when we consider the duty cuts that come with it.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "Edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating back-to-back posts. Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Amartya : 12th August 2011 at 02:46. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please read the forum rules once more, use the multi-quote option.
Old 12th August 2011, 03:26   #93
BHPian

Adding more chrome to give the car an expensive feel is getting old very soon.

In spite of all the cosmetic changes, if the car does not improve on performance and handling then I don't see this facelift making any improvements in sales by itself.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:58   #94
BHPian

brochure of the new facelifted Indica out at ICB. The scoop was done by autocar.

Tata Indica Vista facelift brochure leaked! | IndianCarsBikes.in

posted in on the Indica refresh thread also before realising this is a more relevant thread.
Old 12th August 2011, 15:08   #95
BHPian

[COLOR=#454545]Agreed with you at certain extent. i think the car might be packed with lot of features. Let’s wait and watch.[/COLOR]
Old 12th August 2011, 15:24   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
[COLOR=black]Chrome lined grille from its cousin Manza looks ridiculous. Instead of improving Tata Motors seem to dig deeper into a hole with these kinds of modification. It is suggested they develop better marketing campaign & tactics rather than doing mindless modifications.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545]Agreed with you at certain extent. i think the car might be packed with lot of features. Let’s wait and watch.[/COLOR]
Old 12th August 2011, 15:27   #97
BHPian

As you folks know, i already booked my Vista VX. now faced with a situation most of you must have faced before. I wanted the White, but tehy have the Grey in stock. Should i take the Grey and get it delivered next week, or, wait for White, which could take a few weeks... Do you think the Vista white looks too much like the Indicab, and better avoided, your opinions?

Mods: if you think this question is not relevant for this thread, pls ignore the post!
Old 12th August 2011, 16:06   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
As you folks know, i already booked my Vista VX. now faced with a situation most of you must have faced before. I wanted the White, but tehy have the Grey in stock. Should i take the Grey and get it delivered next week, or, wait for White, which could take a few weeks... Do you think the Vista white looks too much like the Indicab, and better avoided, your opinions?

Mods: if you think this question is not relevant for this thread, pls ignore the post!
Get white color because it looks awesome on Indica Vista. Paint quality is superb. You say it looks like indicab but for me it looks more upmarket and sophisticated look.
Old 12th August 2011, 16:20   #99
BHPian

Here are better pics of a Vista VX shot by a fellow Bhpian.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/90068-tata-indica-vista-refresh-3.html#post2466036

Mods I think it would be better off to merge these threads,
smrtdvl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 16:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Get white color because it looks awesome on Indica Vista. Paint quality is superb. You say it looks like indicab but for me it looks more upmarket and sophisticated look.
+to that

Limited edition white Vista looks very nice.
Only thing I did not like was the alloy wheel they offer.
Old 12th August 2011, 16:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
But why revert to the conventional naming system of LX's, VX's, ZX's etc?
A very personal opinion, but I always thought that the Vista's naming system was quite unique in the B-segment - the Terra, Aqua, Aura, sounded quite nice, different and pretty sophisticated.
Have a feeling Tata is going after Maruti blindly even to the extent of copying the variant naming system :(
IMHO,
Its not copying the Variant name too. Its a kind of standardzing process to reduce the possibility of error in communication across all the locations like plant, dealer and TASC.
Ls would be the base model. Lx would be the next one and Vx is placed above Lx. Zx is the top most fully loaded variant.
They are going to standardize the same across all their products to reduce the complexitiy and move towards standardization.
Old 12th August 2011, 17:10   #102
BHPian

The vista is looking like a mature lady. I think the present version is much better looking, but they still have not changed the central console. I have seen so many people not buying vista just because of this central console.
Old 16th August 2011, 20:51   #103
BHPian

Thanks Guys.. Decided on the White.. the wait begins!
Old 16th August 2011, 23:51   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
The vista is looking like a mature lady. I think the present version is much better looking, but they still have not changed the central console. I have seen so many people not buying vista just because of this central console.
+1 to that. I agree.

I don't know at first place that why Tata initially made it like this? Just to make it something different? Or to follow GM spark? They would have definitely sold many more cars with dashboard like Manza. Even today if they do it, they will find many more buyers. Current one just dont suit the car. Tata please do it
Old 17th August 2011, 00:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
+1 to that. I agree.

I don't know at first place that why Tata initially made it like this? Just to make it something different?
You missed Toyota Etios and Liva. Hey but in spark driver side console is not empty, we have all the warning lamps there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks