Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 22:39   #106
BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

New pics reported by ACI/Goa on wheels

Rear looks cool with the centre badging. Why do the still stick with 'Indica'? The website also says the car is due for launch on 22nd of this month.
Old 20th August 2011, 12:59   #107
BHPian

Refreshed version of Vista being launched. The following things are still a doubt in my mind.

1. Fit and finishing (exteriors & Interiors)
2. Quality of plastic used in interiors
3. Gear Shift - Two months back i tried Drivetech4 version the gear shift was not that good
4. Niggling issues

(no offense to any owner)

Indica over a period has come of ages and I am sure TATA is listening to its customers. With constant upgrades and changes that it is going i hope that at the end of the day we have a better product from TATA Stable.

I my self own a Sumo Grande (Aug 2008 Model) which has clocked 35 k with almost no niggles regarding the performance but the plastic used in interiors is of really cheap quality, every now and then something comes off
Old 20th August 2011, 14:26   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Thanks Guys.. Decided on the White.. the wait begins!
Good Luck bigvishnu as you wait as its almost over as per the ACI's site, the launch date is day after tomorrow.

The color white is called as Porcelian white.
The Vista really looks awesome in this color. I have seen the car with ACI while being driven and shoot by them. Couldn't take the photographs though.
The rear looks very balanced and poised now with the new badging and logos.
From the front you just can't differentiate it from Manza. It's almost the same look due to the bumper and headlamp treatment/ carry over, what ever you say.
The interiors have improved too, in softness. Especially the front seats are further cuddling and one feels very much supportive and covered in comfort, in them.
The Vx version is the best bet and VFM, as it is almost fully loaded, except for the safety feature of SRS air bags and two or there other comfort/ aesthetic features.

Happy motoring!

regds,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 21:43   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Good Luck bigvishnu as you wait as its almost over as per the ACI's site, the launch date is day after tomorrow.
Thanks Maverick! i might have to still wait till the end of the month because i changed my color, and the dealer is waiting for the white to be dispatched. Good to know of the interior changes, was not expecting that, but will be glad to take advantage of the same!

VX IMO is the best variant from a VFM perspective. i couldn't stretch my budget further anyways

Your post reinforces my choice of color.. thanks sir!
Old 21st August 2011, 11:21   #110
BHPian

@bigvishnu. Kudos! Excellent choice of color. Vista looks splendid in Porcelain White. Even I pushed hard the dealer and TATA regional sales manager for the same color in mid 2009. But at that time it was only offered in anniversary edition. So I finally settled for arctic silver.

Yesterday I saw a face-lifted Porcelain White Vista. The rear looks very good with the new badging and the dark plastic moulding below the windscreen. I think the delivery of new Vistas has been started. Couple of days back I saw a Cavern Grey Vista.
Old 21st August 2011, 12:21   #111
BHPian

Yesterday I saw Indica Vista Refresh on JM Road Pune. It really looks awesome. Rear looks sporty and It was looking premium due chrome garnishing inherited from Manza.
Old 21st August 2011, 13:49   #112
BHPian

Yes Arun and Sushant.. the deliveries have already started! waiting waiting waiting..
Old 21st August 2011, 22:41   #113
BHPian

2011 Tata Indica Vista Refresh Brochure

Attaching copy of the brochure JFI.

The Mumbai OTR prices for Diesel models are as Follows:

LS - 5,55,836
LX - 6,11,468
VX - 6,31,972
ZX - 6,99,936
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-vista-refresh1.jpg  

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-vista-refresh2.jpg  

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-vista-refresh3.jpg  

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-vista-refresh.jpg  

kiren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:42   #114
Senior - BHPian

with the new front, this car looks seriously undertyred- it needs at least 195 R15s
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

White Indica looks awesome and those grill, bumper stripes goes well with the colour.

But yellow needs black grill and some killer alloys
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:14   #116
BHPian

The front still looks out of place, even more now! I can't understand why they can't make this car better proportionate from the front.

Thanks for the scoop pics!
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

What are "Electric HVAC controls" mentioned as part of the New Features?

I understand that the recirculation/external air control can be made electric, but is there anything else that is different?

With the new front, I keep expecting a boot - which leads to a perceived problem in proportions. In any case, I liked the old Vista grille better
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:07   #118
Senior - BHPian

Here's the link to the new Vista review on Carwale.

Tata Vista First Drive - Hasta la Vista! - CarWale

Changes to note:

- The second lowest variant (G)LX previously the Aqua also gets the music system with the steering controls

- The petrol version, safire65 is also available with ABS now

I think the best variants to buy is (G)VX and when on budget the (G)LX.
safari_lover is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:54   #119
Senior - BHPian

The treatment of the rear is Great! I only wish they'd make the lower LH & RH of the bumpers less round. If anyone can photoshop what I'm thinking, would appreciate it

Interiors look decidedly up market, and from the pics the quality of the interiors seem pretty good. Especially like the new EORVM adjuster knob. Still can't figure out what the Electric HVAC controls are, though.

The pricing of the QJD is in the petrol Swift range. Don't know how much of a difference that'll make to sales, but I was thinking of something along the new Fiat "Diesel for Petrol" ad

Last edited by VeluM : 22nd August 2011 at 20:55. Reason: PS
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:22   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What are "Electric HVAC controls" mentioned as part of the New Features?

I understand that the recirculation/external air control can be made electric, but is there anything else that is different?
This feature is lifted from the Manza , like most other bits on this "facelift". It means that the HVAC knobs are no longer those rotary kind of switches but they actuate servo motors.

Probably someone in TML took the word facelift literally as lift face from Manza

Last edited by indivic : 22nd August 2011 at 22:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks