Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 06:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I still feel the Limited Edition Vista (White with black roof) which came out sometime last year looked better than some hatchbacks.
Righlt said PPS. Both the Limited Edition Vistas (White & Black, Gold & Black) were absolute stunners on the road that looked and still looks much better than many other hatchbacks. I would say those Vistas looked as good, if not better, than a Punto or Polo.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 06:39   #32

Maybe these are the first few cars developed by the new Motorsport division that Tata has just created. From several sources I hear that there are more powerful and properly sporty versions of their current range coming soon. Also, the Vista may be the first one to get the treatment i what the rumors are.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Maybe these are the first few cars developed by the new Motorsport division that Tata has just created. From several sources I hear that there are more powerful and properly sporty versions of their current range coming soon. Also, the Vista may be the first one to get the treatment i what the rumors are.
This is good news. Actually I was thinking on similar lines when I read about the Vista participating in the rallys. Hope this will help them to bring in a vehicle that will good to take on the competion from the sporty hatches like Swift.

Here's the link to Vista from the rally team.
Tata Indica Vista - Features, Specifications and more.

Last edited by safari_lover : 6th July 2011 at 11:07.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Righlt said PPS. Both the Limited Edition Vistas (White & Black, Gold & Black) were absolute stunners on the road that looked and still looks much better than many other hatchbacks. I would say those Vistas looked as good, if not better, than a Punto or Polo.
I agree .. The limited edition Vistas were instantly liked by all ... This one is similar only in terms of color. We can wait for the exact news to break and the final design to come out. I think the TATAs will be careful to keep in mind the opinion of the auto buyer... hope that they do have some sporty versions coming out.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
I agree .. The limited edition Vistas were instantly liked by all ... hope that they do have some sporty versions coming out.
They better do that! With the Indica/Vista combined sales dropping drastically, they have to do something to bring those models back on track. Bringing out a sporty version of the Vista should just be the start of it. I would even prefer Tata to relaunch those Limited Edition models as permanent top-end sporty versions of the Vista. That would ensure a little more footfalls in Tata dealerships that may turn into increased sales.

But what they need to do immediately is to shun their christmas-tree taillights in the rear and the smiling grille up front. While they looked great a decade back, they hardly do so now. But Tata seems to think differently here.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
...But what they need to do immediately is to shun their christmas-tree taillights in the rear and the smiling grille up front. While they looked great a decade back, they hardly do so now. But Tata seems to think differently here.
Hmm.. wonder what thinking prevails regarding that.. must be some thought behind persisting with the design... The Vista design personally has come way ahead of the cabbie image now. Just the tail lights remain.

Also, I dont mind the Chrome grilling in the front actually. Looks different and premium for a Vista.

Last edited by bigautobuff : 6th July 2011 at 16:44.
Old 6th July 2011, 19:08   #37

The Vista entering the Indian rally scene sounds quite exciting. This will provide a good platform for TM to showcase their ability to make cars for 'Indian roads' ... and a refreshed Vista sounds even more exciting! Like the initial look ...Cant wait to see more of this one ..
Old 7th July 2011, 08:28   #38
BHPian

Refreshed Vista is a good thing for TATA. Sure it might pull in more customers.

What i would have liked would be that they should have gone a little more aggressive in their thinking.

1) I remember Sid positing the sports edition of VISTA in Yellow something in the line of FORD GT. It would have made sense for TATA to have borrowed the design forward.
2) Make the steering feel, suspension and drive character better.
3) Give it a standard rear spoiler in line with Palio GTX.
4) improve all the small quality issues over all.

If they do this soon, they would hit swift hard where it hurts the most.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:21   #39
BHPian

Vista Sport showcase in last year's Auto-expo was:

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030357.jpg

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030358.jpg

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030363.jpg

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030364.jpg

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030367.jpg

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030369.jpg

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-p1030371.jpg

I guess this one is just a mix bag of Manza and Vista. Maybe, Tata feeling confident due to runaway success of VW siblings an even Toyota siblings. Personally, Old Vista looked better and only a movement of design towards Vista Sport would have done any justice to the so called 'Refresh'.

Frankly, comparing the auto expo product to the test mule is like comparing chalk with cheese.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 18:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

But unlike other concept cars 90% of this one looks practically possible to do. Hope they do something to launch this "VISTA SPORTS"
Old 8th July 2011, 07:15   #41
BHPian

Thanks @ akhilesh.

@ Latheesh, absolutely this looks completely road ready. If TATA feel its too aggressive for regular buyers. Why don't they launch this as a Sports edition.

It would look better then even the Punto And Polo which as per me are the current 1 & 2 in hatch backs.

Come-on TATA for once give us this aggressive looks.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Vista Sports looks good. And is very much practical enough to expect one on show room floor.

Even in its current form, it looks decent, if not head turning looks. If the side cladding is removed, it sure looks better, as can be seen from the pics of Sports.

Last edited by simplyself : 8th July 2011 at 16:32.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:51   #43
BHPian

is there any chances that Vista might come with 90HP multijet. I remember reading on this forum that it's might be on card?
also any inside info on launch of Manza CS?
Old 1st August 2011, 18:21   #44
BHPian

By giving such a facelift to the the Vista (which looks like the Manza's boot has been chopped off!), TATA is seriously digging the grave for the Vista.

They should have designed something new for the the Vista rather than just copy-paste the front looks of the Manza and keep the rear same (ETIOS-LIVA strategy?).

On the other hand Manza CS is coming you say? Then that's a good news rather and a fitting replacement to the existing Indigo CS I say (If Manza CS is true then Dzire CS will have some stiff competition!).
Old 1st August 2011, 19:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
On the other hand Manza CS is coming you say? Then that's a good news rather and a fitting replacement to the existing Indigo CS I say (If Manza CS is true then Dzire CS will have some stiff competition!).
The Manza CS is next to impossible. The current length of Vista is 3795 mm. What can they do with 15 cm? Beyond 15 cm, the length will go above 4 metres and cannot qualify for the 10% excise duty of small cars (instead of 22% for large cars).

The length of the older Indica was only 3690 mm, which gave them lot of room to create a compact sedan.

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 1st August 2011 at 19:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks