Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 10:41   #586
BHPian

The reviews talk about turbo lag and loss of mid range punch for the diesel but none of them mention if the torque peaks at 2K rpm or 1750 rpm as reported elsewhere. If the fuel efficiency has been improved, the turbo spooling rpm had to be reduced. Or else in what way has the engine been tweaked? I can't imagine Maruti achieving better FE by just replacing the fuel tank with plastic material.
Old 9th August 2011, 10:43   #587
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

I somehow feel the new swift is a raw deal for India.

The engine bay has space for a bigger engine which is to be sold only outside India, and we get a 1.2 engine with a lot of empty space in the engine bay. (I guess we could pack some of our eatables here as there is that much lesser space in the boot)

And 15 In wheels but 165/80 tyres as stock equipment?
And the ride is a little on the taller side for the Indian variant.
Nothing to aid its sporty handling. I have managed to lift a wheel off the road a few times (Scary). Again the European versions will have lower ride and wider tyres, which again is a raw deal for us.

I was hoping for an improvement in the Dash layout. It still has a lot of plastic. (You could stick posters of your fav Football players on the dash and still have some space left). It neither provides roominess nor aids visibility.

After so many years, and so much competition around, Suzuki has done so less. :(
Old 9th August 2011, 10:44   #588
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Does anyone know if the new Swift has auto-up window on the driver side. AFAIK, the old done only had auto down but not auto up
Old 9th August 2011, 11:13   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
The ZDi is looking to be a real good buy if I can get it on-road for 7lakhs or lesser.
No way ZDI on-road price will be 7 Lakhs or lesser. In my opinion it will be 7.5 Lacs or more. But as you told 7 Lakhs or lesser will be great.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:18   #590
BHPian

swift pics.. the real thing
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-1.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-2.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-4.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-5.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-6.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th August 2011, 11:41   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Does anyone know if the new Swift has auto-up window on the driver side. AFAIK, the old done only had auto down but not auto up
I think it will have auto-up window because the current Dzire ZDI has both auto-up and auto down on driver side for all windows. Also, driver can lock the auto-up/auto-down for other three windows as a safety measure when kids are around.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:26   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think it will have auto-up window because the current Dzire ZDI has both auto-up and auto down on driver side for all windows. Also, driver can lock the auto-up/auto-down for other three windows as a safety measure when kids are around.
Auto-up and auto-down for all windows in DZire?? Are you sure? We are not talking about power windows but one-touch down/up feature.

Even cars 2 segments higher don't have the one touch up/down feature except for the driver's side window.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:34   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

List of changes seen in the New Swift. Follow this link.

New Maruti Swift: All the details, specs and features

Cheers!
Old 9th August 2011, 13:18   #594

The car looks awesome but somehow I get reminded of the i20 . Its expected to be priced at 6 lakhs ex showroom Mumbai for the ZXI variant. That's a lot of money for a hatch back considering the interiors have not changed much and there are sedans available for maybe a lakh more.
Old 9th August 2011, 14:17   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti has posted the first official image of the new Swift on its Facebook page. The new Swift gets all new interiors, similar exteriors and retains the same powertrains

Cheers!
Old 9th August 2011, 14:29   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
The ZDi is looking to be a real good buy if I can get it on-road for 7lakhs or lesser.

Add a Pete's box and upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R15 and that would be one sweet ride!
I'm guessing ZDi will be something like 6.2 ex-showroom, so depending on the city 7L OTR looks possible!

I'm having the same thoughts about the Petes box! But I want 195/55 R16's on my Swift
Old 9th August 2011, 14:41   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Auto-up and auto-down for all windows in DZire?? Are you sure? We are not talking about power windows but one-touch down/up feature.

Even cars 2 segments higher don't have the one touch up/down feature except for the driver's side window.
Sorry, one-touch down/up feature is not there. I was talking about power windows. I will check that in the driver side door this evening.
Old 9th August 2011, 16:18   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict

The Fiat Punto has "auto down" for all windows. I was very surprised to see it. IIRC, it is there in all models except for Active, the base variant.

I guess, manufacturers don't give "Auto up" without anti pinch windows as it is a safety hazard. And maybe this makes "Auto up" too costly for the hatchbacks.

But having "Auto up/ down" on the driver side is very convenient. Had it on the Swift LDi which had Autocop power windows with Auto up & down for all windows.

Last edited by deetjohn : 9th August 2011 at 16:37. Reason: Adding Autocop
Old 9th August 2011, 16:23   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I'm guessing ZDi will be something like 6.2 ex-showroom, so depending on the city 7L OTR looks possible!

I'm having the same thoughts about the Petes box! But I want 195/55 R16's on my Swift
195/55 R16's will mean new alloys and I (a) like the OEM alloys and (b) don't think I'll have enough vitamin M for new 16" alloys.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:05   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Sorry, one-touch down/up feature is not there. I was talking about power windows. I will check that in the driver side door this evening.
Any auto-up feature will need to have "anti-pinch" feature whereby if there is any obstruction then the windows roll back down. Without "anti-pinch" and with auto-up / one-touch up its a big safety issue.

Swift / Swift Dzire do not have "anti-pinch" and thus I doubt if they have one-touch up feature as well.

~maniac
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks