Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 12:58   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched

The new Maruti Alto 800 os launched at a price of Rs.2.44 Lacs for the base variant .

The pricing is as under:

Petrol- base Rs 2.44L, LX-Rs 2.76L, LXI-Rs 2.99L,
CNG- Base Rs 3.19L, LX-Rs 3.37L, LXI-Rs 3.56L (Ex-Delhi)

Courtesy ACI:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/319...-launched.aspx

Killer pricing IMO .

Last edited by CARDEEP : 16th October 2012 at 12:59.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 13:17   #437
Senior - BHPian

re: New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched

The difference between the Petrol and CNG versions looks huge, almost like Diesel. Does it really justify such a premium pricing?
Old 16th October 2012, 13:44   #438
BHPian

i think it does since average of CNG is 30.4 km/kg @ Rs 39 per kg in delhi vis a vis 22 kmpl @ Rs 70 per litre petrol translating to a 52 kmpl average per litre petrol price for cng version!

Last edited by rock75 : 16th October 2012 at 13:55.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:04   #439
BHPian

Wow , 75 thousand to 57 thousand pricing just for CNG kits, I guess customers are better off installing those kits in the aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
The difference between the Petrol and CNG versions looks huge, almost like Diesel. Does it really justify such a premium pricing?
If you check the petrol to diesel prices lately you will find the price difference of 1Lakh to 1.4 lakhs just on the Hatches, Notchback prices are even more skewed. And this price difference is before factoring in the difference on discounts (Diesel Models Hardly have any discounts except on Figo). So the actual Price terms none of the cars have a price difference of less than 1.4 lakh (Except beat).

The only car which has a sub 1 lakh rupee price difference is the Cheve Beat, even that after factoring in the discounts will be more than a lakh.

Note: I am sure someone will put up those price difference in charts in some of the threads. I don't have any readymade data and just going by the top of the mind recall

Last edited by anu21v : 16th October 2012 at 14:05.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:40   #440
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Surprisingly the Alto 800 is displayed in my office today. My observations from a layman's perspective are

1 ) front . Looks like they liked FIGO too much, so that trademark ford grill on Maruti . Headlight , a cross over between I20 and Micro . I am confused after seeing them . Mix and match .
2 ) cost cutting is evident everywhere , the seat are hardly 3 Inch thick.
3 ) Dashboard is some strange color. those who have seen new Sumo gold,s dash ..it appeared exactly the same in color ( bit here and there), didn 't get inside the car.As for as plastics goes, i guess Infamous SUMO gold has better plastics than this.
4 ) Headrests are integrated into seat.
5 ) boot space appeared decent to me at least for normal house hold weekend shopping

Still at 2.44 Lakhs I think it;s Perfectly Ok. it;s build to a cost.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:43   #441
BHPian

Rs 1-1.4 lacs price difference and still diesel petrol price/mileage difference is not as much as CNG -petrol one.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:49   #442
Senior - BHPian

Feature list is available in maruti site - http://www.marutisuzukialto800.com/Alto800Features.aspx

32k extra for LX is for just AC and remote fuel lid opener.

Additional 23k for LXi seems to be real VFM for power steering, front power windows, body coloured bumpers & door handles, digital clock, all the silver accent.

Looks to me like the cost of some LXi features are factored into the cost of LX price.

Driver side airbag is optional in LXi but dont find the price mentioned anywhere. Any idea?
Old 16th October 2012, 15:36   #443
Senior - BHPian

I am going to go against the tide. The new ALto 800 will not be a runaway success without discounts.

I am positively predict that this model will end up with discounts in Month 1.
The K10 Lxi is available for 3.50 OTR Mumbai post discounts without any exchange / loan. Why would I buy the LXI 800 at 3.5 OTR Mumbai. Its not like it has the interiors or modernness of the Eon.
dipen is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 15:45   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
news articles say about 6000 pre bookings for the new Alto even before launch!!
According to this Indian Express article the prebookings are 10K order.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:53   #445
Senior - BHPian

The price is high for cng versions. lxi petrol only is cheaper than STD cng by rs.20K.
this is way too much high pricing for cng without even ac.

lxi wagon r petrol only and cng alto 800 lxi are quite near in pricing..
IMO, cng versions are over priced by 20K.

Chevy Beat looks like real vfm after all these cars.
even ertiga seems vfm.

but the is overall a nice step ahead.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:39   #446
Senior - BHPian

The petrol variants are quite sensibly priced and will continue to sell like hot cakes. But the prices of CNG trims are way too high for a car of this segment.
Frankly speaking, I wont spend anything above 3.5L on road for the alto800 as it will soon get an image of a "cheap car" in the eyes of Indian customers.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:41   #447
BHPian

Check out the car in Swift's torque blue colour. It looks great. IBN Live report has those pics.
Old 16th October 2012, 18:22   #448
BANNED

I liked this pricing. With all the improvements in the engine, FE, gear shift and interior quality, they priced it lower than the current AltoF8D. Yes, the present one may cost much less with the discounts thrown in, but still, this is good pricing from Maruti, IMO.

BTW, any info about Estilo's future?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th October 2012 at 18:24.
Old 16th October 2012, 18:25   #449
Senior - BHPian

Carwale newsletter FUEL, received today afternoon says that the new Alto 800 is launched at ex-showroom Delhi price of 2.44 lakhs and no Vx model.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th October 2012 at 18:27.
Old 16th October 2012, 18:28   #450
Senior - BHPian

HAD A TEST DRIVE!

I am just back from the TD.

1) Interior NVH is a huge improvement over the earlier generations. Really felt a class higher as far as outside noise entering into cabin goes.

2) Body roll is quite controlled, atleast at city speeds. We have Baleno, Innova and K10 Waggie at home, and can tell you that at 60, the body roll in a corner was less Waggie.

3) At certain RPM, there is a slight spike in power, the way we feel in K series and G series motors. Impressive. The engine always had this : Yes sir Attitude. Even at 40 in 4th with AC and three adults, the car responded well. Driveability is really nice.

In correct gear, this car is super easy to drive in city and close gaps. Really easy. Better than Eon IMO. The engine is clearly improved and feels contemporary. Noise at higher rpms is there, but overall, a nice improvement.

Gearshift is also good. Better than WAggie. Waggie K10 has long throws, but somehow, the throws in Alto 800 were shorter and more crisp.
Overall, the engine does the job, is more than good enough than city. Noisy and thrasy at redline, but at the same time, more refined than earlier Alto.
The drive was overall very smooth, and even from an enthusiast point of view, was relatively fun. You just cant say this for Wagon R, i10. Both of which lack handling. If driven as an average joe, he/she wont hear too much engine noise, will have a peaceful ride as the outside noise filters in less. Part throttle responses were really nice. You can drive the car with little aggression and can still get away with it.

The car I did TD was 27 kms old! Yes, for a new engine, things were looking very positive. You never feel you are driving an old car.

Extremely light clutch.

4) Seats. Not great. Neither are they in any car in this segment. The seat base is short which spoils the game. Ditto for rear seats. Space is good for segment.

5) Surprisinginly usable boot space.

6) The car has a thorough contemporary feel to it, rather than old. Feels much better than the super light EON.

7) Interior plastic quality is not as good as Eon.

8) Really nice AC. My TD was with AC and three adults ( including me ).

9) Steering: Not as light as we have in Waggie. Thin steering wheel, good recess to press horn, its just a design, but was nice to honk. Steering felt more direct and responsive than waggie and also feedback was nice as compared to Waggie. Hydraulic units in different lane altogether.

10) Ride quality:
Again a pleasant surprise. Maruti seems to have learnt how to fine tune suspension. For such a light car, the ride was really good. Its not crashy as before, suspension works more silently. Larger irregularities filter in, but this is a small car afterall. Damping was impressive, the car gaining composure quickly after a large irregularity and not bobbing. Improvement. Much better than the crashy Santro and bumpy i10.

11) Visibility is good. You wont feel caved in a metal box, something you feel a lot in Beat and A-star and even Eon. Airy and good interiors.

12) No left ORVM. Bad.

13) Seat base short, again bad.

14) Internal ORVM more than reasonable.

15) The front power windows are not typically slow Maruti, quicker than that, but not over enthusiastic like Hyundai.

10) When I honk in Waggie, I feel horn in inside the cabin. In Alto, you feel its outside. Just like in Hyundai's and Polo's. I am really impressed with this single NVH factor.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th October 2012 at 18:41.
aaggoswami is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks