Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 09:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
This is the A4 Sedan Facelift, being tested for Indian Launch in 2012.

The current A4 was launched in September 2007 internationally, 4 years down the facelift should be launched internationally anytime now and then Audi India will launch it in India by Q2 2012.

Regards,

Sorry but your information is WRONG.
Firstly the B8 A4 has NOT debuted in September 07.It officially went on sale in 2008. Get it checked you will see what i mean.
Second, the A4 IS due for a facelift soon but the one in the pictures is NOT the A4 facelift.
Information comes from an authentic source.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 4th September 2011 at 10:20.
Old 4th September 2011, 09:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
Just got Confirmation its the facelifed A4 .
launch will be at frankfurt motor show .
Audi intends to run/test the car for 100,000 kms in india before they send it back to germany for analysis
I remember BMW had done a similiar thing before they launched there cars here officially.there cars were tested for extend periods all over india,over thousands of kms,after which they were sent to Germany to be stripped down and to check the wear and tear of parts.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

My information will never be WRONG! I have posted a lot of information on this site and if I have doubts I do not post it or else I always do mention it that I am not sure.

About the A4 being launched, as I mentioned please do go through this press release dated August 29, 2007, which mentions of it being launched at the IAA 2007 which was in September, and it went on sale in German Markets in November and as far as I remember Around June / July 2008 was Indian launch.

Audi A4 Launched Officially

That Picture is the A4 mate, you drive the car you should recognize it first.

PlatzdaTurbo,

I've seen your valuable posts, but seriously mate before you accuse someone's information as wrong do try and be a little sure of it as sometimes some of us take a lot of pain to ensure the quality of this forum and it's information stays the best in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Sorry but your information is WRONG.
Firstly the B8 A4 has NOT debuted in September 07.It officially went on sale in 2008. Get it checked you will see what i mean.
Second, the A4 IS due for a facelift soon but the one in the pictures is NOT the A4 facelift.
Information comes from an authentic source.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My information will never be WRONG! I have posted a lot of information on this site and if I have doubts I do not post it or else I always do mention it that I am not sure.

About the A4 being launched, as I mentioned please do go through this press release dated August 29, 2007, which mentions of it being launched at the IAA 2007 which was in September, and it went on sale in German Markets in November and as far as I remember Around June / July 2008 was Indian launch.

Audi A4 Launched Officially

PlatzdaTurbo,

I've seen your valuable posts, but seriously mate before you accuse someone's information as wrong do try and be a little sure of it as sometimes some of us take a lot of pain to ensure the quality of this forum and it's information stays the best in this country.

Look dude, firstly as far as the past is concerned, wrong or not i dont know, there have been many instances where i have 100% DISAGREED with your opinions but not voiced them because there was some amount of authenticity that always held me back.My point is, i did not sound curt right now just for the sake of picking up an argument. If i wanted to, as i mentioned above,i have had plenty of prospective instances but i did not. No disrespect meant of course.I am not undermining your efforts to gather the information that you do.
Secondly, about that being the a4 as you highlight in bold, please argue it out with the Mr.Michael Perschke head of Audi India. My car is at the service centre and he happened to be there with a few Germans the other day. That is when i managed to ask him about the whole A4 facelift doing the rounds. In his words, there is NO facelift car doing the rounds in Mumbai yet.
So please keep in mind , i accuse you not out of the blue but after asking questions and confirming it with someone who just might know more on this specific subject than the 2 of us.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 4th September 2011 at 12:07.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Mate,

Next time you disagree with any of my posts, do bring them up, it might just make a stronger bond between the two us! The only time I remember having a discussion with you over a cup of tea was when I had to post about Audi India coming to India too pretty much with or before BMW.

I know Michael since his days with Mercedes India in the late 1990's and while he is a great guy, you have to understand he will not share any such information with you or any clients things like this are to be kept under wraps for all employees of a car maker and with a guy of his position if he starts speaking out about future models then he does not set a good example, so by him not telling you about it, it only makes him a better person and the perfect guy at the job to not be spilling the future product lines out to consumers.

And without trying to figure who would know better just look at those pictures mate really just look carefully it's your own car with new lights!

And about you accusing me, don't worry not offended at all, but I can assure you I will rarely post wrong information.

I do hope none of this offended you, I would never have any such intention to do so.

Regards,

P.S Without going off topic, do try check all German mass production cars, you will see this pattern, 7 year life cycle, and sometime towards the end of the 4th year is when the facelifts happen, it's been like this for over a decade now and it's more of an agreement with all these car makers. And before I posted information about the official press release of the A4 in 2007, I knew about it as I remember a class mate at that time worked for Audi AG and clearly remember him being excited for the launch at IAA as he was a part of the team who worked on the suspension, sad he has moved to BMW now!

Quote:
Look dude, firstly as far as the past is concerned, wrong or not i dont know, there have been many instances where i have 100% DISAGREED with your opinions but not voiced them because there was some amount of authenticity that always held me back. No disrespect meant ofcourse.
Secondly, about that being the a4 as you highlight in bold, please argue it out with the Mr.Michael Perschke head of Audi India.
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 12:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

So he might have just said that to brush aside the topic ?? Probably.
Had not expected it. Maybe standard company protocol that i am not aware of.
But i assure you he said that there is no a4 facelift as of now ,of course without any extra word put into it than necessary.
About the similarity in looks, well isnt that Audi's biggest issue these days ? The line-up looking similar to eachother ? The A3 sedan is slated for launch soon and its dimensions would be somewhere near that of the current 3 series (slightly smaller). The 1 picture next to the wagon R convinced me further that this could be no A4 as it is pretty long ,where the 1 in the pictures looks like a compact sedan.
Anyways i repeat, without undermining your information at all, i would say lets play the waiting game.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
But i assure you he said that there is no a4 facelift as of now ,of course without any extra word put into it than necessary.
Guys can we end this argument with the following pics:

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-920568557997470690.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-1184417050690165599.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-167016048736219810.jpg

These are the spy pics of the 2012 Audi A4 courtesy.

2012 Audi A4 Avant and sedan facelift spied for first time - Photos

I don't know but Mad monkey's pics look pretty close to this car.
Old 4th September 2011, 18:14   #23
BHPian

Platzda sorry but you did sound rude in your post. It would be nice if didnt act like a Mr. Know it all.
1. If Mr.Michael Perschke came to the workshop with some people from Germany i am pretty sure he has better things to do then stand there and talk about a future facelift.
2. If you did get a chance to speak to him, why the heck would he share valuable information with you which you can spread amongst the public which will discourage some future A4 buyers.

By the way guys i will confirm this information on which car this is give me till tuesday i will call some people at amw and audi india.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th September 2011 at 18:29. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
Old 4th September 2011, 23:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Platzda sorry but you did sound rude in your post. It would be nice if didnt act like a Mr. Know it all.
1. If Mr.Michael Perschke came to the workshop with some people from Germany i am pretty sure he has better things to do then stand there and talk about a future facelift.
2. If you did get a chance to speak to him, why the heck would he share valuable information with you which you can spread amongst the public which will discourage some future A4 buyers.

By the way guys i will confirm this information on which car this is give me till tuesday i will call some people at amw and audi india.

The matter has been well put to rest. It has been cleared out between S350 and myself.The forum is public and you are free to say what you want to but i would appreciate it if you stay out of this matter.

Matter ends here. Do not stretch it please.
Thank you

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2011 at 11:52. Reason: Please do NOT submit posts that are rude in nature. Editing suitably
Old 7th September 2011, 14:05   #25
BHPian

Spotted A New Audi!!

hey guys....
i think i spotted a new audi under testing as i was heading towards opera house today.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-img00064201109071228.jpg  

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-img00065201109071228.jpg  

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-img00070201109071233.jpg  

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-img00071201109071235.jpg  

Last edited by kausu : 7th September 2011 at 14:07.
kausu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 14:08   #26
BHPian

Re: Spotted A New Audi!!

there is already a thread having the pictures of this audi. good catch.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

seems to be new Audi A4.
But nothing different with the current version in Indian roads.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics you captured there.

There is already a thread with pics on it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bai-roads.html
Old 7th September 2011, 17:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Kasau,

Wonderful pictures, you must be proud as you and mad monkey are one of the few people in the world to have seen this prototype being tested on roads across the globe, and what's even more fascinating is Audi testing at this level so I assume India might get a very simultaneous launch along with the global launch for the facelift?

Regards,
Old 7th September 2011, 20:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
there is already a thread having the pictures of this audi. good catch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Nice pics you captured there.

There is already a thread with pics on it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bai-roads.html
Guys sorry to say but this is that thread you speak of.

Kasau awesome pics! Really good eye! The car seems the same but the head lights are definately gonna be full LED optional...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed