Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 20:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

The crux of the matter is that it sends out the clear message that the head of TATA Motors' secretariat (Company Secretary) is totally ignorant about vehicles the main product of Tata Motors. Some advertising agency who did the art work. layout committed a grave mistake in their copy-paste regime and the Maxi-blunder went unnoticed.
Old 5th November 2011, 22:20   #32

I don't understand all this TATA-bashing and the talk of tough times for TATA. I don't think the war is over yet. Just because one product from MM has done so well, does not mean TATA has lost the war. It's part and parcel of life. Look at October sales figures of Indica/Vista & Indigo/Manza, no ones really talking about that.

The mistake mentioned in this thread, no doubt a serious one, however it's not that grave that one can make the whole team stand in front of the firing squad. Relax guys, I really believe TATA is going to fight back with a BANG. Mark my words.
Old 5th November 2011, 22:33   #33
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Wow so who is the guy/gal about to loose his/her job at TATA & at the agency. Marketing professional have a chance to apply positions getting vacated..

Nice catch.

I guess the reply from TATA that this is the venture is not that much to blame - they are just hoping that the people don't notice.

M&M will have a lot of fun taking digs at TATA for this one.
Old 5th November 2011, 22:39   #34
dot
Senior - BHPian

It just goes to show that the PR or the team incharge of the printing of the report has no clue about cars and products of the company. How shameful.
Old 5th November 2011, 22:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Seems like TATA has marketing under their manufacturing QA lead. Way to go TATA. Mr Anand Mahindra must be happy with this free publicity
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 23:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyance View Post
I don't understand all this TATA-bashing
I really believe TATA is going to fight back with a BANG.
This mistake is grave because a particular team's careless attitude has put Tata Motors in bad light and this would be joke in corporate circles.

Let us wait for the Big Bang. Some heads are sure to roll at Tata Motors.
Old 5th November 2011, 23:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Even if they intended to use the sketch of the Tata Venture, makes me wonder why Tata Venture in the first place. On something as big as an annual report, wouldn't it have been better to use a high standing product, such as the Aria or the Safari across the pages?
Old 5th November 2011, 23:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is the best scoop!
Going to spread the news in my circle of TATA guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. I would give anything to see Mahindra's reaction on this.
This would be quite interesting.. Anything known yet?

Last edited by clevermax : 5th November 2011 at 23:49.
Old 6th November 2011, 00:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

And now when i proved them that the vehicle is not Tata Venture. i am not getting a single reply from Tata Motors. they dont have anything to say now
Old 6th November 2011, 07:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
And now when i proved them that the vehicle is not Tata Venture. i am not getting a single reply from Tata Motors. they dont have anything to say now
Thanks for bringing this to light tushky.

IMO, it will go down in history as one of the biggest blunders in Indian corporate circles. Come on, an Annual Report is sure to go through the ranks of the organization - right from the team which designs the layout up until the top management who approves the report, before it is being published. How on earth did not even one of them notice this absolutely stupid mistake? Shameful on Tata's part.

What is even more shameful is the reply they gave you that it is actually a Venture and not Maxximo. Thinking that they are trying to cover up the mistake, they have ended up humiliating themselves. For all the respect I have on Mr. Ratan Tata, he needs to really juggle up the people who run the company.
Old 6th November 2011, 09:33   #41
BHPian

@Tushky

You sure have an eye for detail. Or you have been sketching MPVs yourself
How on earth did you notice the difference? These cars are so much low key that you hardly notice them on the roads.
Old 6th November 2011, 09:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
@Tushky

You sure have an eye for detail. Or you have been sketching MPVs yourself
How on earth did you notice the difference? These cars are so much low key that you hardly notice them on the roads.
I used to do SPY PHOTOGRAPHY 2 years ago. so i think i am good enough to recognise car in camouflage also I am sketching cars since childhood. My Father works in Tata Motors and i am a hardcore fan of Tata. I love looking at the cars all the time.

and this is the simple reply i got from them when i wrote them twice.

Dear Mr Atre,

This is with reference to the observation made by you.

Please note that the sketch of the vehicle referred by you is Tata Venture.

Regards,

Vispi S ****

Last edited by tushky : 6th November 2011 at 09:46.
tushky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 10:01   #43
BHPian

hehehe...Tatas....what made them think that the Maxximo sketch would be more appealing???!!!
Old 6th November 2011, 11:33   #44
BHPian

Hahaha this is very funny. It would be fun to learn the insiders reaction to this blunder.

And replying that its a Tata Venture, is the icing on the cake! Good catch Tushky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Even if they intended to use the sketch of the Tata Venture, makes me wonder why Tata Venture in the first place. On something as big as an annual report, wouldn't it have been better to use a high standing product, such as the Aria or the Safari across the pages?
Exactly. Why Venture of all the vehicles? Arai, Safari, Vista etc etc would have been easier to sketch
Old 6th November 2011, 11:52   #45
BHPian

Corporate goof-up at its best! Wish Tata Motors had utilized the money wasted on the consultants for this job towards making efforts to revitalize their better products like the Manza and the Aria!

PS: I'm going to be cheeky and tweet Anand Mahindra about this today just to seek a response!

PPS: Just tweeted! Hope he responds!

Last edited by abhi413 : 6th November 2011 at 12:01. Reason: Adding PPS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks