Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2011, 16:41   #76
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

This is hilarious and what's more, it has happened not once but twice

At least the blunder on the Customer Care site can be explained away by stating they directly posted the material given to them by suppliers (3M, Würth etc.) but printing the Maxximo multiple times on the annual report is a serious goof-up. What's even worse is trying to justify their blunder by claiming it is a Venture instead of accepting the error.

Sure, mistakes do happen and they can be committed by anyone, but it would not be off the mark to state that Tata Motors lacks professionalism at certain levels.

Tata Motors' infamous quality issues and their poor after-sales service is such a pain for those unlucky folks (like me) who paid money for a Tata car Even the way the company handled the Nano fire incidents reeks of a lack of professionalism. So it's not really surprising that they would put the image of their main competitor's product on their annual report.
Old 13th November 2011, 20:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
If they have corrected the report then in a way they have accepted their mistake.
That is more like "brushed under the carpet" than acceptance of mistake They should have come up with a PR to sort this out properly.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 12:28   #78
BHPian

Great find Tushky. Such blunders are often done by Govt. officials, however this shows that anything is possible in India.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 15:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Great eye there tushky. Superb find.

What a blunder by the Tata PR! And their disaffirmation is not helping the case either.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 17:34   #80
BHPian

I cannot imagine how a company with probably top-notch media departments can produce a bungle like this. It will be interesting to see if any heads roll with the Tata's corporate communications department. Usually when producing an annual report, corporate communications verifies print standards, image conformity, styles, etc. The fact that Tatas cannot recognize another manufacturer's products from their own now speaks a lot about the company's quality adherence - one can only pray that the same kind of quality awareness is not going into manufacturing ! It will be intersting to see how this pans out.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:14   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
We need to understand one thing, i.e. mistakes do happen,
It's not a mistake but a sheer display of lackadaisical attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Some advertising agency who did the art work. layout committed a grave mistake in their copy-paste regime and the Maxi-blunder went unnoticed.
Looks more like a briefcase agency has done the job. Lot of companies do this. For some companies an annual report is their identity and for some it's a mandatory job to follow govt directive.
I've seen annual reports from large bodies and they often look like cheaply produced telephone directory.
In a case like this I won't be surprised if the whole process was coordinated by their financial/legal team. Without any corporate communication team's involvement or for the lack of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyance View Post
The mistake mentioned in this thread, no doubt a serious one, however it's not that grave that one can make the whole team stand in front of the firing squad.
It's grave enough to sack the entire team responsible for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
I cannot imagine how a company with probably top-notch media departments can produce a bungle like this.
Companies don't have so called media dept unless their spend is huge. And they've nothing to do with annual report design/production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy
Usually when producing an annual report, corporate communications verifies print standards, image conformity, styles, etc.
Yes, you're right and that's what I mentioned before. I seriously doubt if there was any involvement from their corporate communication/marketing side.

Shocking indeed!
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 18:43   #82
BHPian

Hi guys,

Here's yet another blunder from TATA, though not as big as the subject here, still a blunder is a blunder. Here is the link

Tata group | Tata Motors | Media releases | The all new Tata Sumo Gold arrives

Their press release say that "the all new" tata sumo gold has 25 Nm of torque.

Now who on this earth updates these websites?

Mod, thought this is concurrent with the topic hence posting here. Do the needful, if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-tata-blunder.jpg  

indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 20:11   #83
Team-BHP Support

Great find!

Tata is going to have a lot of explaining to do. But I guess there aren't too many people who are as 'eagle-eyed' as fellow member Tushky, here. So what happens next? Letters of apology. A public notice. Vacancy in a few departments at Tata. And things will be back to normal. And another BHPian will start a thread on two lemonade Arias.
Old 14th November 2011, 20:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

Well... Happy to see that TATA has acted on it. But the damage done is done. It is irreversible. Are they gonna call back the millions of hard copies of the AR that has been circulated thru' the length and breadth of the country??
Old 15th November 2011, 01:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

nice find INDIANVIRUS. now email this to tata motors and see their reply. i hope this time they will take help of a knowledgeable person for the reply. I am still waiting for the reply from Tata Motors about the VENTURE thing . after sending them 4/5 images of Venture,maxximo and tata Magic twice, how on earth can someone confidently says it is tata venture?
Old 15th November 2011, 15:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

this is what we call an Epic Fail (in Battlefield series)! would have loved to see the expression(s) on the faces of Ratan Tata and Anand Mahindra!!

this is just bad business and to come back and claim that nothing is wrong and then going back and correcting it - jeez! like many have stated, technically Mahindra can sue Tata! at Tata, if it were an internal error (Brands & Communications), the whole team could get fired. if it were a mistake from the ad/PR agency; they're royally screwed!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th November 2011 at 15:13.
Old 15th November 2011, 18:39   #87
BHPian

Wow .. What a blunder!!
Have there been any similar blunders in other companies too?
Old 21st November 2011, 12:43   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Blooper

And here's another one, though not as glaring:

Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases

Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-sumogoldblooper.jpg

Is the SG trying to take on the big CAT's ?
Old 21st November 2011, 13:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Well... I thought this thread is unique in a way that it has brought out a serious blunder. But i don't know why typos and incorrect specs are being reported here. Or atleast the content doesn't go with the thread title.

Or should the thread be rechristened??
Old 21st November 2011, 14:10   #90
hvs
BHPian

Slightly off-topic, but I somehow find Mahindra-Navistar Truck TV ad kind of stupid where a transporter introduces his reluctant son to the family business, and they travel to the yard in a BMW....!!
Yes, a BMW...!!! with its twin grill partition blacked out.
I wonder why they did not use a Scorpio or XUV5OO for that matter...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks